2010 Chevrolet Equinox

Available in 8 styles:  2010 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

dont buy

by realistic review from oklahona | April 25, 2015

Liked the cars appearance and interior..checked it out being used before buying it..gas mileage wasnt up to par being a 4 cyl..put new plugs in it no difference..took it out to cal.from oklahoma got 24-25 mpg well below the 32mpg they say it gets..mine was a 2010 ls model..the next day after getting to cal it pegged the temp gauge so i replaced thermostate no change so took it to shop and found out water pump chain had broke plus it damaged timming sprockets so had to fix everything..then engine started throwing codes after repairs so additional repairs were needed..in shop for a week and almost 3 grand latter headed back to oklahoma got half way there and ecm threw another code about the camshaft sensor..mechanic also said ecm computer was messed up..got home and first thing i did was get rid of it..never getting another chevy product again..back to ford for me...

Very Solid Vehicle, well thought out

by CB from Maryland | January 24, 2015

I bought this vehicle new when the re-design occurred for the 2010 model year. I wanted a relatively large vehicle that could get good gas mileage and the 32mpg hwy rating was great. I have been thrilled since with the extra details that the vehicle has that make driving a pleasure. I have the 2LT. The voice commands are great. USB connectivity for music is great. The automatic climate controls are great. The fan slows down when you get a phone call. The interior is very quiet. The remote start turns on the heated seats if it is too cold out. On top of all of that, it is very safe. I have my great mileage people moving commuter and it is full of other creature comforts that makes driving more pleasant. Highly recommended. The 4cyl model I have is not a race car but it has plenty of power for me.

Nice Ride

by Shewy from Cumberland,MD. | November 3, 2014

Although I haven't had mine that long I really like the style and ride. It handles well on the turns. I'm hoping to save on gas mileage. I had to get used to driving a 4 Cly. again but it seems to pick speed up fast enough. I too don't care for the rear headrests being so big and not adjustable. Also the center console seems a bit to big and takes up space when having to wear a Winter coat it's a little snug. The heater/air cond. fan is very loud. I look forward to finding out how well it does in the snow with the AWD.

Consumes More Oil Than Any Vehicle I've Ever Owned

by tprice07 from Fort Dodge, IA | January 20, 2014

The vehicle is beautifully designed compared to a lot of SUV's nowadays, it gets great MPGs, sometimes but you can't overlook the issues that they have. There is a fatal flaw in the design of the engine and their high pressue direct injection fuel pumps. My equinox is out of warranty and is now in need of a $3000 repair in order to stop its oil consuming ways. At last check it consumed 2+ quarts of oil in just 2000 miles. If GM would stand behind their mistakes and defects I would recommend this vehicle. But how could I ever suggest this and allow another person to go through what I am going through with this pile of garbage. Google Equinox Oil Consumption yourself and you'll see.

nicely designed US made AUTO

by sewond from Houston,Tx | October 4, 2013

Well it is a nicely maintained vehicle a low milage. Thank goodness for cars.com and my sister,both saved me time and money by sitting and searching lying on my back infront of my desk top. You can not beat this vehicle for it's milage,price and well designed US vehicle. Long live US AUTO MAKERS AND ENGINEERS

love the lady in blue

by cool curt from wilmington delaware | September 1, 2013

Just purchase a 2010 blue Equinox for my wife as a gift and its just your basic model and she loves everything about it , as well as myself. it has what most people say are breaking in miles [low]. Love the smooth ride,comfort seats ,body style,and performance. most of my friends now are talking about getting one with more features, and I myself may get one for myself. got it july 2013

Awesome vechile

by Equinox owner from Peoria AZ | May 8, 2013

I love my new Equinox I bought through Greg at Liberty Buick in Peoria AZ!! If you live in the Phoenix area, go see Greg Steward at Liberty Buick!!

Good, but cannot install car seats in back

by FamilyMan from Elmira, NY | April 30, 2013

Rented an LTZ with the V6, very comfortable ride, very smooth, good power. Enjoyed it so much that shopped for one, but when tried to install a Britax forward-facing 5-pt harness car seat in an outboard rear seat, we could not. The rear seat headrest prevents the car seat from fitting correctly. The rear seat headrest is NOT removable and NOT adjustable, so we cannot install car seats in the rear outboard. Car seat fits fine in the center position, but need to be able to install it in outboard as well. This is the only car I have ever seen that did not have removable (or at least smaller) headrests in the back. Advised by the dealer that this is a "safety" thing. If you're in a 5-pt harness car seat, you don't need a headrest. Poor design, prevented us from buying this car.

Awesome

by babygirl413 from Lucas, KS | April 11, 2013

Great features, rides beautiful. Good gas mileage. I love it! Nice room for the family, comfortable seats, great speakers. Recommend.

love this vehicle

by brandi from st louis mo | December 11, 2012

This car is gorgeous it is white with chrome handles and top rails...I love the heated seats but its a 4 cylinder and I would prefer a 6 because the six seems touchier. Also when the car start is on it does not heat the car even if the heater is on. The air conditioning and heater is also very loud. I would prefer air vents in the back seat for the kids. Other than that I feel safe with the OnStar and use it all the time. I do love this car but my monthly payment is way too high so I need to downgrade.