2011 Chevrolet Equinox

Available in 8 styles:  2011 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Never a Chevy Again

by CSGM from | June 8, 2015

First and last Chevy I will buy. Poor gas mileage. New car is almost four years old with very low mileage since I don't do long trips. Now the paint chips very easy. It seems that it had poor priming prep at the factory and somehow underneath the minor chips the paint is coming loose and there is rust starting. Never had that problem with the other brand we bought, the last car I had was almost ten years old and just started to rust.

Needs upgrades

by Still looking for the perfect ride from Ar | April 10, 2015

There are a few items Chevrolet needs to work on for this vehicle. There are no vents for the rear passengers & people are either hot or cold when riding with us. The vents in the front middle are a horrible design. They blow on your fingers & do nothing to keep you cool. The drivers seat needs better adjustable levels. If you want it higher it automatically goes back as it is going up and forward when you want to lower it. You have blind spots when looking over your shoulder to change lanes. The arm rest on the door is way to low unless you have the seat all the way down. The rear seats really do not recline. They only go back maybe an inch. That is not a reclining seat. This would be a much better vehicle if these items were addressed. I will keep looking for the perfect ride. This is not it.

Just getting used to it

by Mayor from New Ulm, MN | April 9, 2015

50 + thousand miles. I love it. 100 mile trip some roads posed at 55 other posted at 65. I drove with the traffic at 60+ and 70+ and averaged 33.1 mpg. Reverse trip after wind became strong, total ave 31.6. Not bad. Chev is bigger than previous vehicle so am still adjusting to parking and getting close to curb. I think I would buy another, I like the room.

Nice inexpensive ride

by KilleenTXGuy from Killeen ,Texas | March 14, 2015

I bought a 2011 Equinox with LT trim and I like it. It has compass and outside temperature sensor which are great for travelers like me. Great on gas. Small enough for a single one or two people but big enough for a small entarage of 5 people plus room for big cargo. Back off camera a big plus. The down side are no up and down adjustment on driver or front passenger seats, sorry short people! They added a useless back adjustment. You still feel like driving a big car because this SUV is small and with low clearance( much less than 6'). but it is stylist and looks very sport for just one or two people and corfortable for 5 passengers.

first SUV owner

by ordinary driver from Toledo, OH | February 26, 2015

I am very happy with the Chev Equinox. Comfortable ride. Was expecting better gas mileage from a 4 cylinder.

HORRIBLE CAR

by A Not Happy Customer from | December 8, 2014

My family bought this car used, but it had less than 70k miles on it. At first the car was a nice ride, but nearly a month later it started having issues. On my dash board the words "ENGINE POWER REDUCING" appeared then my car started to slow down and shake. I've taken it to the shop numerous times and the most common reason is a misfire occurring within my cylinders. After I did more research, I discovered I wasn't the only driver facing this problem. I would not recommend this car to anyone, it is unsafe, and unreliable. I can not tell you how many times this car has put me in danger due to the problems it has.

Most Costly on oil

by DWB from NL,Canada | October 28, 2014

112,000kms on it and have been putting oil in the engine every 1300km finally they are monitory the oil for the next while ,my brother & sister both have same equinox and both have problems with oil sister has her engine redone all 3 of us well not be buying another EQUINOX or Chev. service in Hickman's is so -so the service people can only do so much

boring but very reliable

by cheruska from Dallas , Texas | June 10, 2014

Bought my 2011 new and hat not one problem with it after 65000 miles it is still running strong I love the space and gas mileage , I drive 40 miles daily I have to admit it is a very boring design but very practical to use . I will properly buy the 14/15 model before there change it to a smaller SUV ( like ford escape )

My New Equinox

by Mrs.McCully from Frankfort, IL | May 28, 2014

After totaling my Chevy cobalt I bought from Phillips Chevrolet, I naturally wanted another Chevy. However, now I live 5 hours south from my favorite Chevy dealer. I called Phillips to see what and if they could do anything. Mr. Rami Alamawi, from Phillips understood my situation and was able to place the car on hold for me until i could pick it up a week later(with a full tank of gas I might add).I absolutely love the Equinox! Tons of leg room and storage space! I can't wait to drive back home in my new car! If I could give 100 stars for the customer service at Chevy I would, they made a horrible situation so much better and with ease. My family will continue to buy from them and I recommend you ask for Rami!

very relax while driving.

by Mike from Lawrence, MA | May 18, 2014

Our new car we just got from Commonwealth Moter is more than what we expected. My wife has lots of leg room. She has the remote starter, sun room and lot more in this new car. We both love this car 2011 Chevy Equinox