2011 Chevrolet Equinox

See Photos & Videos

Overall

boring but very reliable

by cheruska from Dallas , Texas | June 10, 2014

Bought my 2011 new and hat not one problem with it after 65000 miles it is still running strong I love the space and gas mileage , I drive 40 miles daily I have to admit it is a very boring design but very practical to use . I will properly buy the 14/15 model before there change it to a smaller SUV ( like ford escape )

My New Equinox

by Mrs.McCully from Frankfort, IL | May 28, 2014

After totaling my Chevy cobalt I bought from Phillips Chevrolet, I naturally wanted another Chevy. However, now I live 5 hours south from my favorite Chevy dealer. I called Phillips to see what and if they could do anything. Mr. Rami Alamawi, from Phillips understood my situation and was able to place the car on hold for me until i could pick it up a week later(with a full tank of gas I might add).I absolutely love the Equinox! Tons of leg room and storage space! I can't wait to drive back home in my new car! If I could give 100 stars for the customer service at Chevy I would, they made a horrible situation so much better and with ease. My family will continue to buy from them and I recommend you ask for Rami!

very relax while driving.

by Mike from Lawrence, MA | May 18, 2014

Our new car we just got from Commonwealth Moter is more than what we expected. My wife has lots of leg room. She has the remote starter, sun room and lot more in this new car. We both love this car 2011 Chevy Equinox

Best car I've purchase

by Yanira&juan from Lake worth fl | May 7, 2014

Just got this SUV and the drive is smooth, picks up speed fast and I love the looks of the interior and exterior. It's great on gas! Good performance with smart phones and just LOVE IT!

Worst vehicle I have ever owned

by Mad at GM from Birmingham, AL | March 31, 2014

Should I start at the day I drove it home a light came on. In shop 2 days to fix. Waited until 5k miles with engine rattle noise. They supposedly fixed it. Well make a long story short 3-1/2 years into this and 102 days total in the shop I still hate it! GM has no clue what's worn with it. Because my previous state where I purchased the vehicle has no lemon law is the only reason I still have it! Will NEVER own another GM product and make sure none of my family does. This car is a true lemon and a piece of junk! Will recommend going back to Honda or Toyota. Would rather pay a higher price for a vehicle that is going to last.

After having all brand new cars most of my life

by Only Chevy's for this girl from Southeast PA | March 29, 2014

I just got my 2011 and love, love, love it. I have been saying since the Saturn Vue I wanted this type of vehicle and when they went out of business I saw this one an had my heart set on it. When unexpected snow storm forced me to get another car I knew exactly what I wanted and a brand new one was out of the question. I took to cars.com and started my search and the one thing I did know I DID NOT want white, black, silver or champagne color one. So, my search continued. I have never had any trouble with any of my Chevy's even when others said they are a junk. It all depends on how you take care of it and drive it I say. But I love my Equinox and would not trade it or go to another make even though all my friends say this or that car is best.

Best car I've owned

by Chevy Kevy from Cleveland, Ohio | October 22, 2013

Shopped on Cars.Com for two months until I found the deal I was looking for. It pays to be patient. I am very happy with my selection and the availability of vehicles online.

used

by chevy man from ontario ny | September 26, 2013

like the car a lot but the 4cyl is not as good as the 6cyl for power but a lot better on gas the price of gas is why I bought it anyway

2 year update

by Duke from USA | May 27, 2013

Just passed 2 years and 36000 miles, a little scary considering the problems we've had already. First it was the engine rattle on startup, check engine light, etc, fixed under recall. Then, the front strut mounts were making screeching noises on acceleration and braking, replaced under warranty. This was all prior to the 10000 mile mark. Then, at about 35k , we had another check engine light, this time the fuel pump control module had gone bad and needed replacing. Now, the engine is making a rattle on throttle input and occasionally putting out blue smoke. No noticible oil consumption yet, but the oil does have a strong gasoline odor to it. Makes me wonder about the longevity of this engine ( 2.4L). This car also lacks cargo space considering its large footprint. Another big annoyance is that the 1 LT trim has a power seat without memory. Which makes it quite awkward to adjust when switching drivers. Should either have power with memory or all manual controls. Fuel economy has been about 24 over the lifetime of the vehicle in a 50/50 mix of city/ highway. I looked at the new crv this weekend and am strongly considering making a trade before this one gets to be too much trouble.

update

by chevyman from Bartow Fla. | May 5, 2013

Update on my 2011 equinox bought on august 25 2011 brand new. I have taken one trip from central Florida to northern Virgina, a trip of about 900 miles. At speeds of between 70 to 75 and in some cases as high as 80, my equinox averaged 28.3 m.p.g. When I left central Florida I didn't fill up again until I got to South Carolina. A distance of about 525 miles. I believe I could have driven further but why chance it. I'm really happy with the mileage. Now around town I'm getting between 18.5 to 19.5 depending on how I drive. So far I love this car.