2012 Chevrolet Equinox

Available in 8 styles:  2012 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Noisy Interior

by BIBBER from Omaha | June 25, 2015

If your looking for a car with extremely noisy interior this is the one for you. I new with all the plastic when I bought it I may be in trouble. The interior is full of vibrations, squeaks and rattles. Says something about the quality

Love this great value vehicle

by CaDad from Central NY | March 29, 2015

Great design, great comfort, great features. Nothing I do not like after 48K miles. The 2.4L engine is not gutsy but it is very capable and the gas mileage is remarkable. This is a CUV class car, but really feels like a midsized SUV. Very satisfied.

Love my Equinox

by Silver 2LT 4 cyl. front wheel drive from Wichita, KS | September 28, 2014

I have been doing my research for several months looking at what affordable used SUVs to consider that are big enough for my two large dogs, small enough to get good fuel economy, and have the nice features I want. I was looking at the GMC Terrain very seriously but since the interior is almost identical to the Equinox, I decided that I like the more rounded exterior better on the Equinox. It is also several thousand dollar cheaper in the used market. First of all I was worried that I was really compromising by purchasing the 4 cylinder Equinox since I traded in a 3.0 liter V6 Mariner, but I have found it completely adequate. Basically if you are used to a 6 cylinder, you just have to get used to less torque and working the pedal more to rev the RPMs higher in a lower gear. I have owned my 2012 Equinox for 2 weeks now. I love the leather heated seats. The seat heaters work very quickly and feel good on a sore back. The power lumbar adjustment for the driver seat is a welcome feature. The dashboard has a nice trip computer display in the center that will digitally display your current speed if you want so you don't have to peek under the rim of the steering wheel to check speed. The 7" touchscreen radio controls are well laid out and simple to use. I am not very impressed with the sound of the XM radio reception. It doesn't sound digital and I find that plugging in my phone with the ipod port under the armrest is more enjoyable for me. The digital sound is much better, and the songs are displayed on the screen with controls to change songs or genre, artist, channel, etc. It works just as well using iRadio. The remote start is a nice feature and I really like the laser cut flip key fob. The rear backup camera really needs a grid on the screen to show you where the vehicle path is headed. Objects also look much further away than they really are. LED daytime running lights would be a nice addition to the nicer models but the projector beam fog lights look great. There is lots of bag seat space with comfortable seats that I believe will be perfect for 4 adults on a road trip. There might not be quite as much cargo space as a CRV, but the overall package of the Equinox has nicer features and better styling that doesn't look like you're moving into your first college dorm.

50/50

by Maverick from Union, Nj | August 21, 2014

Just bought a 2012 Equinox about 3 months ago. Within a month and a half already had engine problems, don't know if was the dealer's fault for not keeping the maintance but really hoping for not to happen again for a while

This Car Has Everything You Need

by Liz from Southern Illinois | June 23, 2014

I have been dreaming about owning this car and doing my research about it for about 5 years. I finally purchased it a month and it is perfect. No complaints here! It has everything a car needs with great features as well. It is a very smooth ride with a lot of room, but not too big. It's comfortable and just right.

exterior review

by mickey from massachusetts | May 21, 2014

I've had this vehicle for two years and I am very happy. However, we live in the northeast and the bottom inside of my doors are starting to show signs of rust. Rust is not covered under the warranty. I'm going to have to find a way to protect my investment.

Never again

by sat1 from NJ | March 6, 2014

I have had Chevy's all my life and after buying a 2012 Equinox, I will never buy another Chevy...Engine went south at 110000 miles..Replaced it then Transmission went after another 3000 miles...If you buy one better get extended warranties

Most Reliable car I have had

by name_here_pls from Gainesville, GA | February 4, 2014

I just bought the Equinox 3 weeks ago and I love it. I'm used to having horrible cars that stay in the shop or parked so I am still nervous about that first visit but I love it and it meets my needs to the full.

Surprisingly Nice Vehicle

by wvflyboy from Charleston, WV | January 26, 2014

The 2012 2 wheel drive vehicle gets close to the advertised milage around town. I live in Charleston, WV where there are a lot of hills and it gets about 19 mpg around town. I get about 24 on the highway. The vehicle is surprisingly quiet - much more quiet than the Nissan Rouge. Interior comfort is better than average. The blind spots are pronounced. This vehicle cries out for blind spot indicators like the Ford Fusion has. Also - the display for the backup camera is ample - but without indicator lines on the display - it's hard to judge where you are. This makes the backup camera good for avoiding running into something - but not so good for parking assistance. Overall I really like the performance, gas mileage, comfort, and styling of the vehicle.

One Month In - LOVE IT!

by EquinoxGR from Grand Rapids, MI | July 26, 2013

I purchased a 2012 Equniox (2LT) used with approximately 16k miles on it a month ago. I've put almost 2k miles on it and haven't had any issues so far and absolutely love it! The ride is smooth and quiet, and the features are great for the price (leather, heated seats, 8-way power seats). The only thing I had to get used to was the power of the 4 cylinder engine, since I had perviously driven a 6cly car. After a few weeks, I hardly noticed it. I haven't driven it in snow obviously, but it handles great in the rain. Only true complaint is that there are no air vents for people in the back seat....but that wouldn't deter me from purchasing :)