2012 Chevrolet Equinox

2012 Chevrolet Equinox
Available in 8 styles:  2012 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Best Vehicle I have owned!

by Love My Equinox! from Madison, WI | February 29, 2016

I love my 2012 Equinox! Very classy and well built vehicle. I feel very safe and rides extremely well for an SUV. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

RJ Athlete's Mom

by RJ Sports Mom from Wilton, CT. | November 4, 2015

I love my 2012 Chevy Equinox. It is the 2nd one that I owned as I was in a head on collision with my 2007. The reason I bought another one was that the Equinox saved my life. All air bags went off and the car took the brunt of the collision. If it wasn't for that car, I would not be here today. I feel even safer in my 2012 Equinox. It is much roomier and has better cargo space. The only complaint that I have is that the seat material leaves prints on your legs and after a long drive, they kinda hurt. The gas mileage is good for a car this large and the instrument panel is great. The screen is easy to read and with On star Services, you feel very secure. I love the way it looks. I have almost 60K miles on it already and plan to keep it for a very long time. I have only done regular maintenance, no major repairs.

Loved my Equinox

by Volcanoesfire from Rocky Mount, NC | September 8, 2015

I traded in a Traverse to downsize to an Equinox. I absolutely loved my Equinox. I had mine for 3 years and never had a serious or recurring problem. Once my car would not go into drive (3rd year owning it) so the dealership came and picked it up. They believed some water got into one of the sensors underneath the car (we had heavy flooding in the area that I had to drive through) but they couldn't find the real issue because the car worked fine once they towed it to the shop. I never had another issue with it, before or after. Never. It was very roomy (family of four) and got great gas mileage, etc. I recently traded it in only because I wanted a cheaper payment as my interest rate was high since I bought it in the peak of the downfall of the economy. It held its value tenfold! The dealer gave me $800 more than I owed! This was a great small SUV and I strongly recommend it! It also got great safety ratings from the IIHS.

Noisy Interior

by BIBBER from Omaha | June 25, 2015

If your looking for a car with extremely noisy interior this is the one for you. I new with all the plastic when I bought it I may be in trouble. The interior is full of vibrations, squeaks and rattles. Says something about the quality

Love this great value vehicle

by CaDad from Central NY | March 29, 2015

Great design, great comfort, great features. Nothing I do not like after 48K miles. The 2.4L engine is not gutsy but it is very capable and the gas mileage is remarkable. This is a CUV class car, but really feels like a midsized SUV. Very satisfied.

Love my Equinox

by Silver 2LT 4 cyl. front wheel drive from Wichita, KS | September 28, 2014

I have been doing my research for several months looking at what affordable used SUVs to consider that are big enough for my two large dogs, small enough to get good fuel economy, and have the nice features I want. I was looking at the GMC Terrain very seriously but since the interior is almost identical to the Equinox, I decided that I like the more rounded exterior better on the Equinox. It is also several thousand dollar cheaper in the used market. First of all I was worried that I was really compromising by purchasing the 4 cylinder Equinox since I traded in a 3.0 liter V6 Mariner, but I have found it completely adequate. Basically if you are used to a 6 cylinder, you just have to get used to less torque and working the pedal more to rev the RPMs higher in a lower gear. I have owned my 2012 Equinox for 2 weeks now. I love the leather heated seats. The seat heaters work very quickly and feel good on a sore back. The power lumbar adjustment for the driver seat is a welcome feature. The dashboard has a nice trip computer display in the center that will digitally display your current speed if you want so you don't have to peek under the rim of the steering wheel to check speed. The 7" touchscreen radio controls are well laid out and simple to use. I am not very impressed with the sound of the XM radio reception. It doesn't sound digital and I find that plugging in my phone with the ipod port under the armrest is more enjoyable for me. The digital sound is much better, and the songs are displayed on the screen with controls to change songs or genre, artist, channel, etc. It works just as well using iRadio. The remote start is a nice feature and I really like the laser cut flip key fob. The rear backup camera really needs a grid on the screen to show you where the vehicle path is headed. Objects also look much further away than they really are. LED daytime running lights would be a nice addition to the nicer models but the projector beam fog lights look great. There is lots of bag seat space with comfortable seats that I believe will be perfect for 4 adults on a road trip. There might not be quite as much cargo space as a CRV, but the overall package of the Equinox has nicer features and better styling that doesn't look like you're moving into your first college dorm.

50/50

by Maverick from Union, Nj | August 21, 2014

Just bought a 2012 Equinox about 3 months ago. Within a month and a half already had engine problems, don't know if was the dealer's fault for not keeping the maintance but really hoping for not to happen again for a while

This Car Has Everything You Need

by Liz from Southern Illinois | June 23, 2014

I have been dreaming about owning this car and doing my research about it for about 5 years. I finally purchased it a month and it is perfect. No complaints here! It has everything a car needs with great features as well. It is a very smooth ride with a lot of room, but not too big. It's comfortable and just right.

exterior review

by mickey from massachusetts | May 21, 2014

I've had this vehicle for two years and I am very happy. However, we live in the northeast and the bottom inside of my doors are starting to show signs of rust. Rust is not covered under the warranty. I'm going to have to find a way to protect my investment.

Never again

by sat1 from NJ | March 6, 2014

I have had Chevy's all my life and after buying a 2012 Equinox, I will never buy another Chevy...Engine went south at 110000 miles..Replaced it then Transmission went after another 3000 miles...If you buy one better get extended warranties