2013 Chevrolet Equinox

Starting MSRP

Overall

don't buy it

by Pat from NJ | September 1, 2014

I lease a 2013 Equinox The condensation from the Ac dumps on the floor on the passenger side. When you make a left turn the fan for the heat/AC bogs down and makes a terrible sound. When the lease is up there getting it back , GARBAGE

2013 Equinox

by highmile from Huntersville, NE | August 13, 2014

Drove a Z71 Tahoe for 275k and thought I would keep it forever until I test drove my current 2013 Equinox. I pull an inboard ski boat to the ramp and back so I hesitated to get a high mileage SUV. This little 4cyl engine in the Equinox has no problems getting up and down to the Blue Ridge Parkway to hike so I put a hitch on it and now use it to dunk and retreive my boat. Yeah, it's stopping power isn't ranked to tow much with the 4cyl but I only tow it a few hundred yards. It's pulling it up the ramp that amazes me and had me worried. Plenty of power, no struggles etc. The 99 Tahoe in granny didn't know it was there and this isn't like that but it isn't taking full throttle to get it up the ramp either. The model we bought is the LT so it has all the goodies you would ever want but the mileage (28/48) is just what we were looking for. The sliding rear seat is great for the dogs while hiking.. we can slide it all the way to the front seats to support their hammock and maximize the rear cargo space. The Therrmostatic climate control is outstanding.. can't believe people fail to comment on it or the rear camera, dual view out side mirrors, auto diming rear view mirror, remote start, heated seats, sun roof, the great stereo, power stays active after you shut the car off so you can close the sun roof and windows, comfortable seating and the rear seats tilt back for comfort.. the rear seating is huge.. real adult rear seating! Chevy nailed it with this. Did I say over 45mpg highway at 65?? yep.. but it will drop to high 30s at 75 and even lower in the 80s... but who drives in the 80s :) Love the active MPG on the dash.. it helps me keep my foot off the gas! Really easy to average low mileage if you hot foot it around town or on the highway. If you drive like that.. your mileage will suffer big time with this car.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

all good 38 mpg awd ??

by Fred beenos from reading pa | June 30, 2014

what is up it is a great car love it great car traded my camaro in on it 55 /60 mph i get 38 mpg great no car has ever given me this and it is awd what a great car

big ole mistake

by disappointed equinox owner from Lakeland,FL | June 21, 2014

We traded in a Camry and have regretted ever since. Purchased the Equinox 11 months ago. 1 month after the purchase started having issues with the car wanting lunge once you come to a stop. Engine would rev up and the car would attempt to lurch forward. Worked with stingray in plant city and they all but called us liars. Got involved with Chevrolet and they were not much help at all. After 4 months of getting this issue unsolved we took it to Regal in Lakeland. 1 day they found several electrical issues and got it corrected. It has been issue free since then up to last month the gauges started dropping out while driving down the road. We have had it, heading to my local ford dealer and trading this rag in for an Edge. No more Chevy products in this household.

best vehicle ive ever owned

by the car guy from napa ca. | May 6, 2014

Bought the 2013 used in 2013 with 17k miles on it, its just now about a year old and has 30k miles. This is a comfortable, great riding SUV that if you try gets great gas millage. I've gotten 35mpg on the flat road between Napa and Sacramento a 60 mile trip. I tried ALL the SUVs at the dealers before buying this one and would not trade for any of them, its bigger than the rest, just put the front seat all the way back and try to sit in the back seat of any of the others. Never taken it to dealer for anything, The 4 cylinder is a little growly and it will not win any races unless its the passing gas station race which in California is the only race that counts. The electronics have worked flawlessly, and at 30k miles the standard Michelin 90k mile tires are almost like new. If your the stomp on the gas I just want power at any price kind of person this is NOT the SUV for you, the engineering is not perfect, and the interior a little boring, but while your sitting in the gas station wave to me as I pass you by, it only cost me $20 to put in a half a tank.

Owned 2013 Equinox 6 cyl for one year

by Traded car for my first suv from Northwest, Indiana | May 5, 2014

Never owned suv or a chevy. But this is a hot looking suv. My 6 cyl responds quickly, save more gas when i use the manual shift, but also use automatic. Just depends, but I have choice. Cool... The paint used is excellent. Love the metal flake finish,moon /sun roof, auto start, great sound system and the ride is quiet. Messed around with MyLink....still want to figure out my own route, but it does other things, if you are in to that. Wish the doors were heavier and more space between seat and doors, but it keeps the noise out. Also, at first I felt like I couldn't see that well out the back side windows. Now not a problem, just one day didn't think about it and realized I had not thought about it for awhile. I just had to adjust from a car to suv.

2013 Equinox LT

by N. TX Tall Guy from Frisco, TX | April 22, 2014

I had the 2013 Equinox LT. It was a 4 cyl and extremely under powered. I purchased it due to its size and mpg. I was very dissapointed, under powered and interior line of sight in the rear and rear sides were very poor. I since had to get rid of it after a series of mfg. engine issues.

A Lot of Car for the Money

by GS Lover from Garden Grove | March 23, 2014

My husband and I are so pleased to have bought a brand new, beautiful, Equinox 2014. We have totally enjoyed driving it, after having a Silverado Truck. We loved our truck and thought we would never want anything else. Our Equinox surprised us by how comfortable, roomy and gas economy it has provided.

Zero Performance

by BigBlackCat from Oshawa, Ontario | January 21, 2014

Unfortunately, my review will be very poor. Since purchasing a 2010 Equinox I have a file over an inch thick with ongoing problems including having to have the engine changed in 2013. Even with a new engine I continue to have ongoing oil pressure and engine problem. I cannot with any degree of integrity recommend the Equinox to anyone - that would be unfair. Comments on vehicle comfort and appearance is of little interest to me. What I am looking for is performance and this vehicle scores a zero. Please save your money - do not even consider an Equinox.

Great Riding SUV

by Retired20959 from Medina,Ohio | January 20, 2014

I bought this SUV used from Fred Martin and was treated GREAT. I love the vehicle,it has a very nice ride,great gas mileage,and nice looking. I went from a full-size van to this and wish I would have done it sooner.