2014 Chevrolet Equinox

Available in 8 styles:  2014 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Sport Utility shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best SUV I have owned in years!

by Troubled Juan from Minneapolis, MN | July 7, 2014

In the past 10yrs I have owned a Ford Expedition, Dodge Nitro and now a 2014 Equinox. Let me just say that room wise, Chevy has hit it out of the park! I stand 6'6" and the Expedition never had the leg room one would expect for a SUV that large, the Nitro was cramped, but because it got better gas mileage, I settled for it.. This time I went to the auto show, sat in all kinds of SUV's and the Equinox had some serious legroom! with the drivers seat all way back I have room! Even the passenger side was comfortable for a guy my size. And still room in the back seat for adults. The adjustable back seat and reclining back seat are interesting concepts, I have been averaging 29mph with my AWD 4 cylinder. One thing is, because I got the 4 cylinder, I can't tow much, but the only thing I would be towing is the lawn tractor or the motorcycle. Along with the hands free phone, and being able to pair my phone to the suv and stream Pandora or play my phone's MP3's ..that is great for my daily commute.. or driving long distances.. Chevy, in my humble opinion has knocked this one out of the park!

electrical disaster

by Chev guy from Toronto, ON Canada | July 2, 2014

I bought I new 2014, 2.4ltr Chev equniox in Dec 2013. Mine visited the dealer 11 times with electrical issues. I had issues with sound control models, stereo issues, microphone issues, notice cancelation modules and my car shut off two times when I was driving on the highway. GM Canada was impossible to deal with. Horrible horrible customer service. GM bought my Vechicle back after I was forced to go to the media.

Great Vehicle

by suggsy from St. Paul, MN | June 14, 2014

My husband and I were debating between the GMC Terrain and the Equinox, I am glad we chose the Equinox! This was our very first brand new vehicle, so we were really picky. We got the LX, for the price difference between LS and LX, I strongly recommend the LX. The LXT was a bit out of budget, but I also did not feel like $3000 was worth leather and a sun roof. Only thing I do wish is that I would have added on the safety package. First, I needed to be taller on the road. I used to drive a Saturn Ion. This vehicle gives me all of the features I wanted, allows me to be taller to see over cars on the road but still handles like a car. My husband is 6'5" so need a lot of leg room. He can move the passenger seat all the way back and the people in the back can too. They actually have leg room back there! Getting up to speed is slow, but what do you expect of a 4 cylinder? Overall we made a great choice and I would recommend to check it out!

1st American Car in 30 years

by Mac from Mount Airy, Maryland | June 13, 2014

This is my 60th car, and it is the best riding of any that I have owned. Interior comfort is excellent. Only issue with the car thus far is the lack of power, but I knew that going in. 27 MPG in combination of city/highway mileage--very good. For me, the ON-STAR system has no value, I just don't use it. The rear vision is obstructed by the rear head rests, which are not adjustable, and are not designed to be removed. BEST THING---radio system sounds great, and is easy to use. Aside from the car itself, I am very concerned about all the recalls that Chevy has had, especially the one with the key system. Had I known this before I purchased the car, I would have bought something else.

BETTER THAN THE CR-V

by Dougie from Ottawa Ontario | June 5, 2014

Had the top of the line 2012 CR-V and the Equinox beats it hands down for comfort and the added extras. The GPS on the honda was described by reviewers as basic and compared to the Equinox it sure was. Having the digital speedometer which changes to MPH or KPH is very handy and not available on the CR-V ( is on the basic civic figure that out ) Mileage seems on par to the CR-V but my Eqinox is only front wheel drive compared to AWD on the honda. Overall I will take the Equinox any day and it's several thousand cheaper and better equipted.

Great

by Loonlaker from Northern il | May 23, 2014

Had a 2012 upgraded to a 2014 with more options and love it! Special financing and rebate sealed the deal.

Nice vehicle

by Average car buyer from Minneapolis, MN | May 11, 2014

This is our second Equinox of this style. Our first one was totaled in an accident. We considered the Mazda CX-5 and Ford Escape, but decided to go back to the Equinox because it was a little larger and I chose the V6 to pull my small enclosed trailer. If I wasn't pulling the trailer, I would certainly go with the 2.4 4 cycl with no question. Great gas mileage, very reliable and American owned.

Great suv

by Zeetwenty8 from Oklahoma | April 29, 2014

Bought equinox in March. Have driven about 2500 miles. Was choosing between crv and equinox. Drove both vehicles about an hour apart and the equinox was hands down more car for the money, and more comfortable. Bought the lt-1 with the intella-radio and am very happy with it. You get weather bulletins,can find gas stations close by and what it costs per gallon, and also movie theaters close by. The interior is more classier than the crv. Gas mileage is around 28 mpg combined city and highway. The transmission shifts smoothly as some posts have complained about shifting problems. I was pessimistic about buying an equinox because of all the bad posts on some websites, but am very glad I bought it.

Great SUV!

by First Time Car Buyer from Glenview, IL | April 24, 2014

I just bought the 2014 Chevy Equinox LT from Jennings Chevorlet and had a great experience. The salesman (Josh Dessent) was very knowledgable and helpful. The Equinox is such a great vehicle and I'm loving it!

Great Car

by The old man from Greeley Colorado | April 22, 2014

Just bought 2014 Equinox LT Z we ordered the vehicle so we could get the color and features we wanted. The salesman (Eric Wendt) was very helpful in this process and has contacted us to be sure all is going well. The dealership and sales personnel get a 5 Star rating from us.