2003 Chevrolet Express

$119–$14,067

Overall

Absolutely Reliable

by Toronado from Fredericksburg VA | February 1, 2013

Bought this to replace a Ford 1 ton van. The Chevy has 100 more horsepower and gets 1 mpg better despite weighing 300 more pounds. The Ford was slightly quieter with slightly more comfortable seats. The Chevy rides better (I have the 155" wheelbase) and handles better and is much safer with the longer wheelbase. In the 90000 miles I have owned the van, it has been very reliable. I have replaced a headlight bulb, tail light bulb, and an oil cooler fitting. That's it! I change the oil every 10-15000 miles (Amsoil) and I have added 1 quart in 90000 miles. That was on my vacation last summer where I went over at least ten mountain passes of at least 9000 feet elevation. The van gets about 12 mpg around town and 16-17 on trips going 70 mph. It ha the 6.0 liter V-8. I love the van! I wish Chevy(and Ford) would offer a nicer interior like everyone does on the minivans, but I guess Ford and Chevy leave that to the RV upfitters. I will sell the van soon (very reluctantly) as I don't need that big a rig anymore (kids growing up and moving out).

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Express