2006 Chevrolet HHR

See Photos & Videos

Overall

bad service

by monica from | March 13, 2014

dealer would not negotiate at all! went there looking to buy a vechical and negotiate a price . He would not budge on the price only wanted to take off a few hundred dollars on vechical ..Was very dissapointed..

Previous VW owner

by LovetheHHR from St. Joseph, MN | March 7, 2014

Bought used, it is in extremely good condition. It has all the extras I was looking for: leather interior, heated front seats, sun roof, nice stereo. I like the flexibility of rear space available, seats fold, hatch has rear wiper, wash and defrost. I am used to a sedan with a trunk, this is more convient for groceries. I feel very confident in this purchase of 2 months, 29mpg, 2006 with 145,000 miles. I really like sitting up a little higher on the road too - a huge plus for me.

Dream come true

by Niblet from Central Wisconsin | October 8, 2013

Smooth ride, cute to look at, roomy, versatile (can lay seats down to carry large objects), good large mirrors because you can't see out the back when driving it, which takes some getting used to. Good on gas mileage ours has been going about 30 miles to the gallon but we live out in the country and 33 miles on the highway. Very nice sounding radio.

Best Car I have ever had.

by Raider Red from Lubbock, Tx | March 2, 2013

I bought this car for the gas mileage and the cargo space. I was a sales rep at the time and needed something gas affordable and had a place to keep merchandise that I sometimes had to take to customers. This worked perfectly. There is a lot more space than appears. I have a 2006 LT model. It now has 65,000 miles and have had nothing go wrong with the car since I bought it new. I am sad to learn they are not making these cars anymore which is a shame. I would have bought another one once this one gave out. Which appears it isn't going to do anytime soon. Great car, fun retro look. Highly reccomend. There has to be something bad right? Only thing is it takes some getting used to as far as sight lines. There is some blind spots.

Nimble little ride

by Snowfrog from Gibson City, IL. | September 1, 2012

Recently purchased 06 HHR, great little commuter & small job service vehicle. Panel wagons were higher priced than my loaded LT wagon. With seats folded down, plenty of storage & carrying space for my service techs. Almost 30MPG overall & very easy to drive. I'm 6'2''+ & fit to drive quite comfortably. Extremely pleased w/ the HHR. Sister is looking for one now & I'll definitely purchase another one.

The First purchased vehicle.

by Tinks' Car from Bixby, OK | December 27, 2011

I have driven many cars from a nice standard Toyota truck, to a mini foreign car I learned how to drive on ice in.( Thanks to my brother.) I have found that the HHR 2.0 liter vehicle is great for maneuverability. I love the feature of the multiple lighter ports throughout the car. The CD player leaves you wanting, but the AUX IN port takes care of that just as long as you have an mp3 player. As for the reliability, I caution you check you coil packs for they like to go, especially when you drive in town frequently.

good value for a price!

by PKCT from Mansfield, CT | December 12, 2011

Considering the price of this car, it runs nice and smooth. I didn't have any problem with HHR even though I bought third handed. Definitely recommend for those who look for considerably cheap but reliable!!

2006 Chevy HHR Succeeds

by Commuter Drive Man from San Mateo Ca | September 24, 2011

I bought a 2006 HHR in Aug. of 2006. It was an LT with a 2.4 L engine. I put 25K miles a year on it and cannot complain. I now have 130K on it and have only had one repair, a hole in a bend in the exhaust-$168 fixed it. I tuned it at 100k and have done all the other services. I drive 84 miles a day and they are hard miles on a freeway moving between 40 and 80 MPH. One thing I did do was to use synthetic oil at every oil change. My engine runs like new and starts on the first turn, even at 130k miles. It would be cool to have a new car, but i have trouble justifying it. Even this car's interior has held up well. The driver's seat does not look used. That's amazing. No wear marks or holes. The car has held up well. This chevy product has served me well. Yeah, i was surprised. It was really well made. Seats are okay, it is no cadillac. Ride is bit rough but it is an economy car. Cheap up keep, tho.

Would buy another if they still made them

by tennvol from Jackson,Ga | August 16, 2011

Bought vehicle new in 06 and have 145000 miles on it with no problems, still have the original battery in it. Get an average of 30 mpg. Only issues were the rotors which I went and bought some after markets and it fixed the problem. Friend of mine purchased an 08 and has had no problems as well. Good car for the money

Economical and Good Looking

by Now an HHR Entusiast from UT | June 6, 2011

Extremely happy with the economy of this vehicle - it's fun to drive and good looking too - extremely happy with it.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet HHR