2006 Chevrolet HHR

23 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Best car I've ever owned

by HHR Fan from Gibsonia, PA | June 13, 2015

I am a sales rep & have to transport large sample cases. I was looking for an SUV, but couldn't fit all of my cases in them. I saw the HHR on the used car lot, was able to fit all of my cases in it & bought it. It was 2 years old & had 37,000 miles on it. BEST BUY EVER. The cargo space is HUGE. People stop me all of the time to look at all of the stuff I am able to carry in the cargo space without having to fold down the back seats. It is 6 years later, I have 250,000 miles on the car, I have only ever replaced the oil, tires, brakes, and one time the windshield wiper was frozen to the window & I broke it when I turned them on. This is the absolute most reliable car I have ever owned. The air conditioning just died, and I'm replacing this car with another used HHR & giving this one to my kids, it still has a lot of life in it. Wish they still made them!

Worst car ever!

by Louisiana Car Driver from New Orleans, LA | May 14, 2015

The worst car i have driven in my life!! First off, every time i get an oil change the engine light will stay on for about a week and then come on and off. Water leaks into the front passenger floor board which has ruined the interior of the car and has caused the electric work in the car to go out. The A/C does not blow cold air in the summer and won't blow hot in the winter. The "seat heaters" have caused the leather on the seats to crack apart. The interior is too cramped and small for taller people, and it is almost impossible to see out of the back when driving. Overall, this is just a horrible car. I wouldn't waste my money on another one and can't wait to get rid of mine!

Bought new 2006

by MIchiganLady from Saginaw, Michigan | January 7, 2015

In 2006, I purchased a new 2006 HHR. Had been leasing vehicles for 15 years. I really like it despite all the the problem and the fact I was told it was built here. I thought that what the USA, apparently the sales person stretched the truth because it was assembled in Mexico. The car is comfortable (I am 5'6"), can haul a lot of things, gets decent gas mileage. January 2015, it only has 100,000 miles on it because I have other cars that I have purchased since 2006. It is a great car but I also like my Jeep and Corvette. I should get rid of at least one vehicle but cannot decide which one so I have kept them all!

Not for tall peopl

by Steve from Odessa, TX | December 3, 2014

Limited visibility for pretty much anyone over 6 foot as far as the front windshield is concerned. I also happen to have a model that has had a lot of problems with the recalls that have been called out. My gas mpg is actually higher then what is quoted for the 2.2L auto engine. Roughly 28 city and 34 highway, this could also just be the way I drive it though.

HHR 06

by Ms. Jones HHR from Nevada | September 25, 2014

It a vehicle that gets me to point A ad B. Can't complain. Overall it a good vehicle for the moment..

bad service

by monica from | March 13, 2014

dealer would not negotiate at all! went there looking to buy a vechical and negotiate a price . He would not budge on the price only wanted to take off a few hundred dollars on vechical ..Was very dissapointed..

Previous VW owner

by LovetheHHR from St. Joseph, MN | March 7, 2014

Bought used, it is in extremely good condition. It has all the extras I was looking for: leather interior, heated front seats, sun roof, nice stereo. I like the flexibility of rear space available, seats fold, hatch has rear wiper, wash and defrost. I am used to a sedan with a trunk, this is more convient for groceries. I feel very confident in this purchase of 2 months, 29mpg, 2006 with 145,000 miles. I really like sitting up a little higher on the road too - a huge plus for me.

Dream come true

by Niblet from Central Wisconsin | October 8, 2013

Smooth ride, cute to look at, roomy, versatile (can lay seats down to carry large objects), good large mirrors because you can't see out the back when driving it, which takes some getting used to. Good on gas mileage ours has been going about 30 miles to the gallon but we live out in the country and 33 miles on the highway. Very nice sounding radio.

Best Car I have ever had.

by Raider Red from Lubbock, Tx | March 2, 2013

I bought this car for the gas mileage and the cargo space. I was a sales rep at the time and needed something gas affordable and had a place to keep merchandise that I sometimes had to take to customers. This worked perfectly. There is a lot more space than appears. I have a 2006 LT model. It now has 65,000 miles and have had nothing go wrong with the car since I bought it new. I am sad to learn they are not making these cars anymore which is a shame. I would have bought another one once this one gave out. Which appears it isn't going to do anytime soon. Great car, fun retro look. Highly reccomend. There has to be something bad right? Only thing is it takes some getting used to as far as sight lines. There is some blind spots.

Nimble little ride

by Snowfrog from Gibson City, IL. | September 1, 2012

Recently purchased 06 HHR, great little commuter & small job service vehicle. Panel wagons were higher priced than my loaded LT wagon. With seats folded down, plenty of storage & carrying space for my service techs. Almost 30MPG overall & very easy to drive. I'm 6'2''+ & fit to drive quite comfortably. Extremely pleased w/ the HHR. Sister is looking for one now & I'll definitely purchase another one.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet HHR