See Also: 2009 Chevrolet HHR

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very reliable car.

by DD Chevy Fan very from Youngsville, NC | February 3, 2014

I love this car.. Great on gas. Around town about 27 MPG. Haven't done a big trip with it yet. Got it about a month ago. My husband used Cars.com. We got it at Dick Shirley's in Burlington, NC. What a great dealership... People were terrific, very friendly, it was the easiest deal we ever made. Quick and easy. I highly recommend Dick Shirley Chevy Dealer. Love love my car...it is a 2009 and the color is a Maroon with gold specks in it. Love it ...

Love My HHR

by Nenda from College Park, GA | September 22, 2013

I have owned my HHR for almost a month now and LOVE it! So glad I saw it on Cars.com, it was the easiest car purchase I had ever made. Thanks cars.com!

Great city car

by 5446 from | September 6, 2013

HHR = Heritage High Roof. Like a station wagon with a high roof line. The seat height is like a small SUV. Great city car because its easy on your back--slide right in and out.

HHR

by Siegrist from Fairport, NY | August 5, 2013

It's a great car and Car.com helped me find it. The right car with low mileage for the right price. I had all sorts of problems with the dealership though. Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore, NY has poor customer service, communications and follow through. I should have bought local than traveling 90 miles to get the car (I was there three times but won't go into all of the issues here!)

Love my HHR

by Aviatrix from TN | July 9, 2013

I considered a lot of cars before I bought the HHR. After being a loyal Chevy customer for years, I was quite miffed that I had to help bail out such a massive company with tax dollars and vowed not to purchase a Chevy again. However, the HHR was a perfect fit for my lifestyle. I found a very gently used 2009 with under 100,000 miles at a small car lot for a great price. However, within hours after driving it off the lot, the power steering motor went out. The dealer replaced it, because Chevy would not, even though they have recalled the very same part on many other models and for ALL models in Canada and the car is still under the original warranty. Buyers beware of this issue. That being said, I just got in from a 1000 mile round trip and the car did a fantastic job with 32 miles to the gallon, and it was very comfortable to drive. The dash compartment won't always open and the blinkers do not always turn off. Other than that, the car is like brand new and I love it. I'm happy a bought it and hope I can drive it for a long time.

love my Hhr SS

by rg54 GM fan from Pineville, Ky | January 12, 2013

cant really find anything wrong with the car has excellent performance great accelleration 18 inch whells and performance make for a little bit of a hard ride but is good trade off for the estra performance. I owned a 07 Hhr LT 2 was wonderful car love the gas milage and the looks of the car from the outside would recommend this car to anyone that likes retro style and reliability of chevy's

my hhr panel

by patokian from In. | January 8, 2013

Can't say enough about it, smooth easy driving, excellent gas mileage and works to almost replace my pickup. Gets around way better than I had expected in snow and ice. Lots of standard features for a budget priced car. Wish I would have bought one years ago when I first seen the panel

great experience

by netta from | December 21, 2012

i had a great experience...the customer service was excellent...the salespeople were great....i got insurance at a great rate...i would recommend these people to anyone...

Sweet Machine

by JRL from Maryland | October 4, 2012

I'm 69 years old and have owned a lot of rides in my time.I even owned a 49 Chevy 5 window pickup and this looks even better.Gas milage is great 31mpg just puttin around.Plenty of zip and a pleasure to drive.I think these will be collector cars in years to come.I would recommend this car.

Fun Car to Own & Drive!

by JMG from Detroit MI | September 22, 2012

I rent many different vehicles as part of business travel so when I was looking to buy a used vehicle I had a short list with the HHR being at the top, and using the search capabilities on Cars.com found an amazing vehicle in beautiful shape selling well below Blue Book Value. Even though this vehicle had 98000, I knew this was no big deal for this mighty mite. As a matter of fact, when I went to get the oil changed, the service technicians could not believe this vehicle had over 100,000 miles, since the engine compartment was immaculate, the cleanest he had ever seen. Much of this is the result of the design of this vehicle. It's too bad GM quit making them, so get one if you can.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet HHR Panel