See Also: 2009 Chevrolet HHR

Available in 3 styles:  2009 Chevrolet HHR Sport Utility shown

Overall

Love my HHR SS

by PS42 from Cottage Grove Oregon | October 23, 2015

This is our 2nd HHR. We originally had a black 07 with the black chrome package with heated seats. When it got to 50,000 miles my husband said we needed to trade it in. I loved that car. I think he wanted an SS, so we got a Bright Red 09 SS HHR. Its a stick so no more heated seats. We also installed the performance upgrade so our front wheel drive has 290 HP, Whoo, Hoo, watch our for wheel grab when taking off fast. It has lots of storage room, gets great gas mileage, even thought it takes premium, is pretty comfortable. You can pass going up hill, which going up the mtns here in Oregon is a big plus!!! I especially like that the back seats fold down flat, we take our dog everywhere and she has a couch type bed that fits perfectly with the seats down. Its has over 170,000 miles on it, still runs great. We will have to replace it in the next year and there is nothing out there that compares to it and I have been looking. I talk to salespeople. tell them I want a small SUV type, good gas mileage, some horsepower and a flat cargo area, and they got nothing.

Bought this car 3 times a 2006 4sp 2008&2011 LT2

by EDINSD from San Diego | September 25, 2014

Love this fun wagons buy the LT2 solid car and fun get the sunroof for extra fun. My license frame " SAW IT, WANTED IT, THREW A FIT, GOT IT"

Totally in love!

by SJDionSR from Meriden CT | August 1, 2014

I traded 04 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS for 09 Chevrolet HHR 2LT 2.4L. I'm in love and so happier with gas. Trailblazer 5 times to work and home gas goes empty. HHR 9 times today!! So comfortable ride and so smooth! I don't let recalls scare me because Chevrolet my loyal over 20 years. Don't let recalls scare you. Take care of it and you will be fine. Take care of vehicle you drive. Vehicle take care of you that how it works. I have no regret for traded Trailblazer for HHR. I surely miss Trailblazer very much but lack of gas. HHR rocks!

Very reliable car.

by DD Chevy Fan very from Youngsville, NC | February 3, 2014

I love this car.. Great on gas. Around town about 27 MPG. Haven't done a big trip with it yet. Got it about a month ago. My husband used Cars.com. We got it at Dick Shirley's in Burlington, NC. What a great dealership... People were terrific, very friendly, it was the easiest deal we ever made. Quick and easy. I highly recommend Dick Shirley Chevy Dealer. Love love my car...it is a 2009 and the color is a Maroon with gold specks in it. Love it ...

Love My HHR

by Nenda from College Park, GA | September 22, 2013

I have owned my HHR for almost a month now and LOVE it! So glad I saw it on Cars.com, it was the easiest car purchase I had ever made. Thanks cars.com!

Great city car

by 5446 from | September 6, 2013

HHR = Heritage High Roof. Like a station wagon with a high roof line. The seat height is like a small SUV. Great city car because its easy on your back--slide right in and out.

HHR

by Siegrist from Fairport, NY | August 5, 2013

It's a great car and Car.com helped me find it. The right car with low mileage for the right price. I had all sorts of problems with the dealership though. Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore, NY has poor customer service, communications and follow through. I should have bought local than traveling 90 miles to get the car (I was there three times but won't go into all of the issues here!)

Love my HHR

by Aviatrix from TN | July 9, 2013

I considered a lot of cars before I bought the HHR. After being a loyal Chevy customer for years, I was quite miffed that I had to help bail out such a massive company with tax dollars and vowed not to purchase a Chevy again. However, the HHR was a perfect fit for my lifestyle. I found a very gently used 2009 with under 100,000 miles at a small car lot for a great price. However, within hours after driving it off the lot, the power steering motor went out. The dealer replaced it, because Chevy would not, even though they have recalled the very same part on many other models and for ALL models in Canada and the car is still under the original warranty. Buyers beware of this issue. That being said, I just got in from a 1000 mile round trip and the car did a fantastic job with 32 miles to the gallon, and it was very comfortable to drive. The dash compartment won't always open and the blinkers do not always turn off. Other than that, the car is like brand new and I love it. I'm happy a bought it and hope I can drive it for a long time.

love my Hhr SS

by rg54 GM fan from Pineville, Ky | January 12, 2013

cant really find anything wrong with the car has excellent performance great accelleration 18 inch whells and performance make for a little bit of a hard ride but is good trade off for the estra performance. I owned a 07 Hhr LT 2 was wonderful car love the gas milage and the looks of the car from the outside would recommend this car to anyone that likes retro style and reliability of chevy's

my hhr panel

by patokian from In. | January 8, 2013

Can't say enough about it, smooth easy driving, excellent gas mileage and works to almost replace my pickup. Gets around way better than I had expected in snow and ice. Lots of standard features for a budget priced car. Wish I would have bought one years ago when I first seen the panel