See Also: 2010 Chevrolet HHR

22 city / 32 hwy

Overall

almost new HHR

by inspector_dj from North Carolina mountains | August 25, 2014

I found a 2010 HHR with only 16,000 miles a month ago. it is a 2LT with all the bells and whistles, it looked cleaner than a something new. It runs good and gas milage is better than I expected. Only complaint I have is the drivers seat needs to be lower.. The AC works great,, plenty of out of site storage, the 2.4 has plenty of power and it does not do a lot of shifting on the hilly roads thart I drive. I had wanted a HHR since they came out,, and now I have a very nice one,

2010 HHR bought 10/12/10

by Cloie from Springfield MIssouri | April 5, 2014

We have had nothing but problems with our HHR. I am surprised other people have not. 3/16/12 The key would not shut car off. A ignition lock cylinder had to be replaced. 4/9/12 Sun visor would not stay up. Got new visor. 7/12/12 Power steering quit working . New power steering motor. 3/15/13 Air conditioner not working. AC compressor replaced. 1/7/14 Transmission leaking. Transmission cooler lines replaced. 4/3/14 Loud rattle chunking noise in steering column. Needs new steering column to start with, $600 on us. We have not had this done. Dealer says this is where they will start working on noise, but very good chance this repair and additional repairs will never fix problem. In other words spend a lot of money, but problem will still be there. Also, we have had a lot problems with the rotors on this car. They were replaced 1 year ago and need replaced again. I'm a 60 year old woman and this car has 50,000 miles on it and has always had easy driving. This car handles great for getting in parking spaces and it has 30 mpg on highway. Fun to drive. I've had lots of compliments on the paint color.

Excellent

by Senior from Maryland | November 7, 2013

I like the body style and the comfort of my HHR. I am a classic car enthusiast and it reminds me of the Chevy Nomad.

Fun Car !

by Johnny driver from Wisconsin | June 15, 2013

The HHR is a fun and reliable vehicle. I average around 30 + MPG, (more on the longer trips) and it also uses the E85 is you wish. Good room for sitting and nice storage, (even more if you fold down the rear seating. The 2.4 engine provides plenty of power while still giving you great mpg.

Fun to drive

by MattinMO from Springfield, MO | March 29, 2013

I've had my 2010 HHR for about 1.5 years and still love it. Yes there are some issues with blind spots, but you get used to them after a few days. The engine has a lot of get up and go and when passing someone or going up a hill it sounds like an angry bee but has no issue with power, even when the AC is on. The heat in winter will about run you out if turned on high temp. AC in summer is Ice cold. It is easy to drive and can zip right into parking spaces. When sitting inside it feels so much bigger then it really is. I really like the fold down back seat and have used it to haul larger things several times. Only issue that I had with it came after about 8 months after I got it, the ignition wouldn't turn to off position to turn off the engine and remove key. Had to remove the fuel injectors fuse and unplug the battery to shut car off. I had received a letter from GM a week before that to advise of issue with ignition getting stuck. I took it to dealer and within an hour it was fixed and for free. Handles pretty good on snow and ice too, however took me a while to get used to the traction control trying to compensate for skid. Over all I think this is a very good and reliable car that gets pretty good gas mileage when using regular gas and not so good mileage on E85, but that is normal for all cars using E85.

Great car for the money

by Chevy Guy from Dallas, TX | March 13, 2013

Surprisingly roomy on the inside. Fits 4 adults comfortably. I like the reconfigurable storage in the back. and the fact that it is plastic rather than carpeted. I can run to the big box home store and pick up supplies and not worry about messing up carpet. This one has a standard transmission, so performance is adequate. I test drove an automatic and it felt anemic. So far, gas mileage is great 26-27 in town and 31+ on the highway. No problems so far. This is a car I enjoy getting in and driving every morning.

This is my 3rd HHR, LOVE them

by reggie from Charleston,sc | March 11, 2013

Put 1oo,ooo miles on 1st one, no mechanicle problems 2nd on got totaled Just purchased my 3rd. Don't understand why they quit making this great car.

2010 Chevy HHR LT2

by Brokenmold from Chicago | June 18, 2012

Found nice low mileage certifed HHR On Cars.com So far it has done everything expected. The gas mileage in City is appox. 24 Using E85 has proven to be more costly then regular gasoline and unless there is at least $1.00 difference doesn't pay to use it. The only downside to car is interior panels are completely made of a heavy no attractive plastic.

Sound value for the money

by Skirloc from Batavia IL | March 20, 2012

I really like the exterior design and the roomy inside. My only complaint is that the defrost has a tendency to blow up and toward your face which can make it feel stuffy. However, my family really likes it.

I love this car.

by Joe Mama from Tacoma | February 13, 2012

My wife calls it a boy car; I don't know about that, but I know it is a great car. I have wanted one for a while now and now that I have one, I love it.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet HHR Panel