2000 Chevrolet Impala

2000 Chevrolet Impala

Available in 2 styles:  2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

20 city / 29–32 hwy

Overall

What you see is not what you get!

by bcnelmsd5 from | March 18, 2014

What may look like a decent car, is everything but. My grandfather bought this car from a friend, and I bought it from him. The man assured it was a great car, and from the looks it was. Well little did we know we would later on have to replace every motor mount and just about everything else under the hood, but the motor and transmission. The hair and heat only blows on defrost, and it makes a loud whistle when you mash the gas! Wow, yeah I hate this car!

Nice Car

by SKJET from Mexico | December 30, 2013

The Car is great no problems no bad reability good price epic styling! My version car is the first in mexico and give 270HP

Makes Me Proud

by First car from South Shore Massachusetts | November 11, 2013

My first car, I bought my 2000 Chevy Impala LS at a local dealer at almost first sight. I got it with 142k miles to start and have put about 5k miles on it now. It's needed some repairs I needed to pay for such as a wheel bearing and sway bar. I can tell that the previous owner wasn't very enthusiastic but I've shown this car nothing but love. The 200 horsepower 3.8L V6 sounds amazing, and the torque really gives you a rush. The car reaches 0-60 in about 9 seconds. She handles especially well even being a full sized sedan. It is extremely spacious inside with more than enough room for me (Standing 6'0 tall). The backseats as well have enough room for my chair to be pushed back and a full sized adult behind me. The car has controls on the steering wheel for the radio, as well as a cruise control button. It also boasts a compass at the top, which can change into an instant MPG calculator or average MPG meter, as well as telling you how many gallons of gas you've used. The car has a helpful rear defogger as well as dual climate control. The trunk room is also massive, I did a test and fit 2 of my friends (both over 150lbs) into the back and they still had room to spare. The interior is a dull grey color and is simple but decent for being a middle of the line car. This car gets good mileage for its heavy weight. I average about 22 MPG with bigger 3.8L engine. With a good wash this car looks like the sharpest thing in the parking lot at my school, and all my friends really love it as well. For her size she's earned the nickname "The Chevy Landyacht" I really love this car and am glad I purchased it. She's my first car and I'm glad I made a good choice.

this car is a workhorse

by happy customer from | August 29, 2013

i bought my 2000 impala in 2003 with 50000 miles on it. for the first few years it was only short trips. the last 4 years i have been commuting 84 miles to work 5 days a week with no problems. now with 160000 and counting it runs like the day i bought it. Only work done to it is rear wheel bearings. I also have experienced the issue with the directionals working sporadically. Overall a solid car, will likely buy another when this one dies

Great Car

by TAP from Georgia | July 16, 2011

This car was purchased over six years ago used for my wife and it is nearly bulletproof. I scared us by locking up the security system one time. Other than that it is fantastic. Good gas mileage and roomy!

Good looking but average family car

by Chevyguy from New York | January 9, 2011

As an owner of a 2000 Impala LS, the legendary 3.8 liter is a good engine. Too bad they quit making them. Its one of a few reasons to own an Impala. Typical lower/upper intake problems, but fixed at home over the weekend to save some money. The car looks sporty, but the ride is sort of hard for a large sedan and makes trips a bit tiring. The 4 speed auto trans. is probally the weak point here, considering the jerky shift into fourth gear and OD almost regularly. Rear visibility is not that good and makes tight parking lot maneuvers challenging. It has high miles on it now and it sounds like it. There is alot of creaking within the aluminum engine cradle that is easily heard inside the car, and noticeable squeaks are in the dash and overhead console. It gets good highway MPG, but its the little things that add up that make a certain car a one time purchase. This car will be just that. Chevy's car line seems to look all the same now, but just different sizes. If the new Impala is just a newer, bigger and more expensive Malibu clone, good luck selling them. Overall, its not a bad car by any means, but its not a great car either.

Very nice

by Bob from Cincinnati | December 7, 2010

very excellent car. looks like its brand new and feels like its brand new. Great starter car for someone who needs a car to start off their life.

Never Again...

by Jenni from CT | November 15, 2010

I bought my chevy impala used 115,000mi. From day one I was glad I had a 30 day warranty on it. The same day we bought it things went wrong. Wipers, blinkers, door locks. Brought it in...Next couple of days; axle, fuel line, parking brake, rear defroster. I brought it back to have it fixed on about 10 times in 30 days. At the end of the 30 days I brought it back. I know when to quit. I was better off with my Ford (found on road dead) even that was more reliable than this car. Don't get me wrong I love chevy, but they screwed up with the impala.

Very dependable and comfortable car

by jay bird from BA, ok | September 25, 2010

This has been a great car for us. Our car has 132k miles and still runs like a new car. It gets great gas mileage on the highway. We have only had replace minor mechanical parts as expected. This car will go an easy 200k miles as it is maintained.

O yea, you want it.! Eh, No you don't!

by onoitsbroko from Indianapolis, IN | December 19, 2009

I've had my 2000 Impala since October of 07, so a little over 2 years now and I've had nothing but problems from the beginning. I paid 6,000 for the car and another 2,500 or so has went to repairs. In TWO YEARS!!!! I've replaced my head gasket. Had major oil leaks, replaced multiple sensors. My blinkers work whenever they want! My interior lights work maybe 75% of the time. The windshield wipers have a mind of there own. They'll turn off then turn back on (BY THEMSELVES!) This vehicle is just ridiculous and very strange at that. I rather have my 1995 Buick Century back. At least that car never left me stranded. This car is only 9 years old, but has left me stranded 4 different times! I'm done with this car!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Impala