2001 Chevrolet Impala

$933–$7,525

Overall

Great car

by ED from Northern New Jesey | April 11, 2013

This car is great I am the third owner have had for two years now the car has low mileage still for a 2001 with just under 80,000 miles. The only repair so far to failure was the thermostat. The other replacement was the driver side rim and wheel hub assembly. That was due to me taking a "c" curve entrance ramp to a highway in the rain at 40 mph, and I lost control and smacked the curb, bounced off and just continued to drive. Besides that the car handles great it’s a bit sporty, and is very good in the snow for stopping, taking turns at 5 mph but can still do the speed limit till you find someone who is going slow. Roomy interior in front seat, back set and truck, it is considered a full size sedan for a reason. As fuel mile goes I get 18-19 around town and 30-32 highway.

LOVE THIS CARD, VERY RELIABLE!!

by CELINA from wyoming,MI | March 20, 2012

I HAVE HAD THIS CARD FOR 6 YEARS. LOVE IT!!! IT HAS NOT LET ME DOWN. IT HAS 175,000 MILES, BUT STILL WORKS GREAT.

Great car with a major problem

by bummer from The Buckeye State | August 26, 2011

The 3.8 motor is absolute trash. If you have one sell it quick, if you are looking at one to buy RUN AWAY. Apparently they used a plastic intake gaskets which allows anti-freeze to go too many places it shoul not. If you are lucky, it will leak outside the motor first and you will see it. Otherwise it leaks into the oil or directly into the pistons. Mine went into the oil and the motor blew after trying to lubricate itself with anti-freeze. Most of the cars and motors built around this time are cursed with some stupid engineers idea of using plastic for gaskets. It you have one that runs good and you want to keep it, have this fixed BEFORE it blows up. Don't just take my word for it. Call 2-3 of your neighborhood junkwyaards and ask if they have a GOOD used 3.8 engine. After they stop laughing, they'll probably offer to buy any you find.

Excellent car- over 164,000 miles so far

by Chevy Enthusiast from Little Hocking OH | August 8, 2011

This car had only 13,000 mi. on it when we bought it. It has over 164,000 mi now & has had very little repairs.

greart car except for its electronics

by Tomcat from Brewster, Mass | July 12, 2011

I've got to the point where I want to fix whats broken and sell it but as soon as I fix something, something else breaks.

The best car ever

by The CHevy Fan from Wasington | February 5, 2011

Bought this car as my first one right out of high school, 105,587 mls on it and it runs super smooth and is extremly quiet, mpg is awesome to and has good durability in wrecks. I would recomend this car to anyone.

Great Car

by Mel from Lowell, Ma | September 3, 2010

i've only owned two cars in my life and my impala made me a huge fan of this brand. After losing my old plymouth acclaim due to old age and knowing a friend with an impala i was intrested in one. I'm glad that i was since I fell in love with mine on my test drive and loved it since then. I feel very safe in this car and i know i wont drive down the street and have it randomly die on me. It runs great and very quiet at times if not for the dash lights i dont know that its on. I also love the message center that tells you if you got a problem or even if you need an oil change, or your windshield fuild is low! The inside of the car is a little bland but i didnt buy it for that, the way it looked on the outside was great very sporty, made the car looked like it had an attidude that said 'hey get out of my way'. As for gas i only go twice a week and thats pretty cool with a sweet engine it has, the proformice is good i can easly go fast to avoid other cars or stop on a dime if needed. The only complants i have is a slight error wit hthe computer system that makes my car read 'security' but its a glitch all chevys seem to have that makes it hard to start, but if you hold the key down the car will turn over but not every car is perfect. The looks and dependablity of this car i wouldnt trade it for the world. I would suggest this car to my friends and my family because I feel safe and secure and when on the road isnt that all that matters?

Just bought this car

by Impala Driver from | November 1, 2009

Just bought this car off my uncle. has 150k miles on it but i love it to death. He had me drive it and then a month later we were just talking about him getting a new one and as soon as he said that i told him i would buy his right now. I will hold onto this car as long as possible as it is the most reliable car i have seen in awhile. In my family we own 4 total and none of us have had any problems with them.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by commuter from Naples, FL | June 24, 2009

Bought this car brand new and still drive it 40 plus miles a day the odometer is at 104,000 and going strong. Never any major issues good on gas. A/C is ice cold. Only outstanding issue is the fan control knob only works on 3 or higher. It is paid for dependable and comfortable cant ask for much more.

Favorite Car Ever!

by Satisfied Customer from Creekside, PA | February 10, 2009

This car is great! One of my friends had an '04 base impala that he let me drive and then I immediately wanted one! After this, I found an '01 Impala LS for sale and immediately purchased it! It's got 111,586 miles on it now, but still runs, drives, and looks like new! This is one of Chevy's best cars in my opinion and I will keep it as long as possible!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Impala