2003 Chevrolet Impala

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2003 Impala

by jab from NE Kansas | March 7, 2014

I bought a 2003 Impala with 60,000 miles on it. I loved this car. I sold it to my son when it had 199,000 miles on it. He still drives it and loves it also. I've never owned a better car. I do take good care of my vehicles and keep them maintained. It is well worth the time to do this on all cars.

Impala is a good car

by impown from | April 13, 2013

My Impala has been a good car. It has several thoughtful features that I didn't expect to find on a Chevy. It is comfortable. It rides and drives fine. The paint has held up. The weak spot on the car are the quality of the engine seals GM built built the car with. I've had two expensive repairs because the factory seals were bargain brand quality. I would buy another one.

Good Looks, but to many repairs.

by Cody B. from Indianapois, IN | August 8, 2012

I bought my 03 Impala LS in Dec. of 2010 with 124,000 miles, it now has just under 150,000 mi, the car has pretty good looks and had some surprising power under the hood, has a comfortable ride and good handling. At first there were just a few repairs needed, such as an oil change, brakes, and a window motor, then a few months later the A/C blower shorted out, nothing for a while and then just about everything that could go wrong did, I've had to replace the whole engine due to poor care from the previous owner, replaced half the trans, new headlights, new battery and alternator, then the entire transmission went out and has already been replace twice, thankfully under warranty, replaced the radiator twice, and not to mention all the lights and buttons I've had to replace. this is my first car and I have probly worked on it enough to be a qualified mechanic. I have kept it clean and took care of it to the best of my ability and its still falling apart on me. With the amount of money that has been put into this car ill have to drive it until the wheels fall off, which now doesn't seem to be that far away.

There's More!

by Car Fan from Baltimore from Baltimore MD | June 25, 2012

Retired the car from work detail two years ago. Now has 256K on ODO. When asked if I have ever had the engine pulled, shocks or struts or AC replaced, the answer is no. Yes, it burns about one quart of oil between changes, but what do expect from the 3.8 liter engine? Still has more torque than a newer Mercury and a CVPI in my "fleet". Highly recommend with 3.8 powerplant only!

Until the wheels fall off!

by Impala_Hater from Dallas, TX | June 14, 2012

I bought this car new in late 2002. Within six months I had to have it in the shop to fix gasket problems. About 6 months later I had it in the shop again to have a rocker arm bolt fixed that stripped from one of the heads. A few months later another rocker arm bolt stripped. This time the head had to be replaced. A few months later the stearing gear and rack & pinnion had to be replaced, it locked up and nearly caused a wreck in a parking lot. You guessed it, a few months later back in the shop for another rocker arm bolt repair. I was in and out of the shop so much my kids would ask me "what color rental car are we getting this time". Luckily GM paid for all of this. Then, once the warranty ran out... I had another rocker arm bolt stripped out of the head. This time the other head had to be replaced. Here are a few other things that have had to be replaced or repaired: the instrument cluster had to be replaced, the harmonic balancer, ABS/Traction control sensor in the wheel, oil pressure switch, and the mirror control switch. I don't think that is everything, but that's all i can think of right now. From what I've learned a lot of these things are common problems. On the up side, even though I've had all these problems I've been able to get 200,000+ miles out of this car. GM hit a home run with the interior of this car, but they've fouled out with the drive train. I doubt I'll buy another GM vehicle.

Money Pit

by No More GMs from IL | April 12, 2012

I have had this car for 9 months and the repairs are never ending! Tie rod, rack and pinion, catalytic convertor, tensioner & the radio fades?? Need an oil pan and trans is going! Previous owner had maint. records. Car was taken care of and spotless. GM has had trouble with these trans!! Do ur own research. wish I did. Only 102K miles! A $6K car has turned into a $10k car!!

buyer beware

by wary buyer from Wisconsin | April 9, 2012

we purchased this vehicle October 2011 from a good friend who had owned the car since 2005. It was involved in a drivers side impact collision prior to 2005, was rebuilt and passed 4 inspections before our friend bought it with a salvage title. Last November our son slid sideways into a curb, causing some damage to the drivers side rear suspension and trashing a tire. We had the vehicle repaired without incident. Three months later, as he was driving across a gravel parking lot the airbags deployed. There was no collision, no impact, nothing that should have caused the air bags to deploy. We contacted GM, who sent out an engineer to investigate. After a thorough examination the best they could come up with is maybe the water spilled on the passenger seat floor 2 weeks after the incident or one of the previous collisions caused the air bag deployment, but basically because it's a salvage title they aren't concerned. Before buying this vehicle, be aware that the air bags may spontaneously deploy for reasons unknown.

GG

by Carl from Fairfield,IL | May 16, 2011

we have been told that the brakes were designed too small for this vehicle. we had problems wtih rotors and pads!!! other then this the car is a real winner. Excellent gas mileage. best car I have ever owned.

I love it!

by Bree from Saginaw, MI | April 28, 2011

I just bought another Impala after mine was in an accident. It had over 160,000 miles on it & it ran great! I was so upset when it was towed. My new Impala is 2008 & I love that one so far too.

Runs great

by Chevyboi from PG, MD | March 30, 2011

the fuel pumps go out but it not that bad thou parts and labor under 4. I love the way the engine sounds when you exccell through traffic.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Impala