2004 Chevrolet Impala

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Worst car ever purchased

by Al from Ohio | October 10, 2013

I bought this as my first car and have had nothing but problems. It was bought in 2011 and has be in the shop 10+ times. It had 90k and had to get a new transmission, head gasket, therostat and the gas gauge no longer works. It has been the worst car I've ever seen. Would not recommend it to any one.

not an american car guy

by ls impala from Santa ana ca | August 30, 2013

I've always had Japanese cars and never had an issue with them unless it was minor. My 96 Toyota Camry broke down and was desperate for a car. I ran into my 2004 Chevy impala and fell in love and so did my two boys they love it and the room it has for both there car seats is great. For the car it's self as heavy as it is its a great car to roll around town and to have fun on the freeway. Its the 3.8 non supercharged but I don't need it to go faster. It does its job and is very big inside and the trunk... so far haven't had much issues other than the regular oil changes brakes and maintenance items. I'm a mechanic so I make sure its always in tip top shape.... I keep it clean and it takes care of me... I hope to purchase a 2014 as in the near future ...

Love the SS

by Tinknocker from Delaware | January 29, 2013

I bought my first 04 Impala SS in 2006 with 30k on her. I had to replace tranny at 120k. I beat the heck out of this car and it took everything in stride. It now has 192k on it. I get 21 MPG and thats driving very fast...I usually top 100MPH everyday, so please stay out of the fast lane on I-95. This is the only car that I can ever say that I've loved. So much so, I just purchased a second 2004 SS with 65k on her. This car is a real head turner and I would highly recommend this car

great commuter and all around car

by jay-jay from oak ridge,n.j. | December 4, 2012

purchased a used LS in 2009,with 62,000 miles,fell in love with it during test drive,took it home same day,3yrs later have over 170,000 on it,normal maintenace,brakes,oil changes,coolant flushes.Some minor issues,gauges (tach) does not function in cold weather,no other issues with gauges,had to replace front sway bar because it cracked in half,(hollow) I don't know whether it was replaced or it was factory equipped. And I am in the market for another one because last week I got rear ended,by someone doing about 45mph and I was at a dead stop,the impala took it like a champ,protected all passengers! Safety Rating from me is definitly a 5 STAR RATING!!!!

Very satisfied with the car purchased.

by Family man from Hinsdale | November 26, 2012

Second car purchased from this AutoAuction this year. The first experience was so positive came back for a second. The car pricing was reasonable and they worked with us. Al was personable and very helpful in all aspects. Very satisfied with the car purchased.

SUPER IMPALA USED

by carscruiser from POMPANO, FL | April 17, 2012

MY 2004 IMPALA WAS A RENTAL THAT I BOUGHT FROM A DEALER FOR 14000 . IT TURNED OUT TO BE A GOOD BUY. IT HAS LITTLE PROBLEMS AND GETS 18-21 MPH AROUND TOWN AND EVEN BETTER ON THE ROAD. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER IMPALA WHEN FINANCES PERMIT. LOVE IT. LOVE CHEVYS

Decided to not trade

by SS Impala Gal from South KC,MO. | April 16, 2012

Keeping my car because it's to good to trade. The SS Indy is stylish and gets excellent mileage. I would say to all that can find one, buy it and enjoy. Was offered a low ball price for it but dealer wants top dollar for half the car.

Fourth Chevy

by Homer from Stratford, CT | January 14, 2012

Bought 04 used in 05, put on 60K with only a brake job and radiator flush and tires in over 6 years. I replaced the Goodyears with Continentals and run them 6 psi higher for tighter feel. Car has served me so I've treated it with synthetic oil whenever the CHANGE OIL light comes on every 6K or so. Power and performance are great, driver and passenger set their own temperatures, fold-down rear seats allowed a huge table from IKEA in the car with lid closed. May the fourth be with you too.

Nice larger Car

by ImpalaMan from South Whitley, IN | July 13, 2011

Very comfortable riding car, nice interior car. Lots of interior room which we have been looking for.

It has some issues

by roadrunner from Sheboygan Wisconsin | May 17, 2011

Great gas mileage, big trunk, comfortable driving car...but the brakes and calipers are junk and the transmission slips sometimes. I've had this car since 2006 and have 69000 miles on her. Haven't done any repairs except all the brakes/calipers and normal maintence/oil changes and transmission flush/filter at 45000 miles..but transmission still slips sometimes. Good winter car in snow too.