2005 Chevrolet Impala

Available in 3 styles:  2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

great safe car

by shutterbug78 from Peoria. Illinois | May 13, 2014

My 05 was a great car I bought it as a program car in 06 with 17,000 miles on it. It averaged about 30 miles per gallon of Gas on the highway... now it is 2014 I just was in an serious accident and came out of it with just some soreness thanks to the safety rating of this car... the car was totaled on the outside but not hardly damaged at all on the inside...I was protected!

Klownie LS

by Klownie from Winthrop, AR | April 4, 2014

Great car, very reliable. I've owned mine for 3 years now and it has run perfectly for me. I have original owner documents and purchase historys. So far Very Very Reliable. No problems byfar.

meee

by just me from | February 23, 2014

dash panel has really bad issues, and no recall and cost 400.00 to 600.00 to fix, this is a major problem with the 2005 impala. and my car only has less than 43000 miles on it. I drive very little.

excellent

by chalesa from Oklahoma city | June 22, 2013

The service is outstanding. My sales rep Tim taff always answered my phone calls even on his day off.. He's a very knowledgeable sales rep and I believe might even deserve a raise... The 2005 Chevrolet impala I got from Tim is what I've been looking for for over 4 months. I've even named her Ella... I'll go back to Tim at Automax Norman for any future car purchases and will definitely refer them to friends and family... Thank you Tim and Automax.. I'm a very happy customer!

electrical problems

by junk from | February 28, 2012

i had one and it stayed broke dowwn 90 % of the time.the speedometer wouldnt work properly and these impalas are imfamouse for the blend door going bad on them.you know for the heat and air to work properly.i will never own another impala..to much trouble for a five yaer old car..and ridiculousely over priced..

I love my car

by Impala Girl from Alabama | September 2, 2011

I purchased my 05' Impala in 08' it had about 50,000 miles on it. I have driven it from N to S and E to W literally, and I love it! In the 3 years I've owned it I have only had to replace a water pump and the transmission but given all the driving that she has done, it is well worth it. This car is spacious and comfortable. Great for singles or people with children. I'll definitely upgrade to newer Impala's for a long time to come.

Not my Dodge Caravan but this one will suffice.

by 9 LIVZ PJ from Springfield,Illinois | July 29, 2011

Unfortunately, I totaled my' pristine' Dodge Caravan in a 'freak accident (no injuries thank God)it was paid for, had only 47,000 miles on it, an insurance job complete repainting a couple of years ago due to the ton of ice that accumulated on it, and it would go anywhere a 'mini truck' would go, and being a sportsman, that was a big deal. But life happens, and I was fortunate to find this Chevy Impala (plain Jane) w/45,000 miles on it and not a dent or a ding, a rattle or a 'ping'...like the song says, "...you can't always get what ya want, but if ya try real hard, you'll get what you need! Good Luck to those who are buying, the good ones are out there, it just takes alot of 'trying'. Peej

LOVE!

by AllyCatxx from mohawk, NY | July 27, 2011

i've had this car since feb. of '11 and i couldnt be happier with the car! I havent had any problems with it yet, only had 73k miles on it when i bought it. i absolutely love the sunroof - my absolute favorite feature on the car. the air conditioning works BEAUTIFULLY ((first car ive owned that it actually worked!)) gas mileage is really good on it, recently took it on a trip and was very excellent to sit in and be comfortable for the 6 hours driving/riding for the trip. would absolutely reccomend this car for anyone in search of it !!!!

Really nice car

by Impala owner from cleveland, ohio | January 29, 2010

I bought a GM certified 2005 Impala SS. The car had 20,200 miles when i bought it in May 2009. Excellent acceleration and torque make it a blast to drive. The interior is comfortable and quiet (I have the 6 way power and heated seats option-both front buckets). The radio is excellent but the sound quality isn't as good when listening to satellite radio. I'm sure that's an issue of the signal and not the radio. But only if you're an audiophile would you notice. Huge trunk. The fold down rear seats are a bonus. The leather interior seems to be holding up well with age although the driver's seat could use some conditioner. Automatic day/night rear view mirror is an option I'll never go without again. Gas mileage is pretty good, especially on the highway where the computer reports 28 mpg in steady 70 mph driving. City is in the lower 20s. I don't like that the sunroof goes above the roof instead of into the roof. The suspension is tight the car has no noticeable squeaks or rattles. The black paint finish is very nice and very well done. Plenty of visibility from inside. The engine is the 3800 supercharged. Any ratchet head will tell you that's a motor with a very good reputation. All I know is it sounds smooth and sweet. Dual exhaust gives the car a nice sound, but you know they should have done a true dual exhaust, not single cat converter and twin mufflers. Anyway it's a very lovely engine set up. Transmission, 4 speed auto, is smooth. Nice, full instrumentation. CD player AND cassette is a nice touch. The radio is the upgrade package with a trunk mounted sub woofer. I've put only about 5,000 miles so far but I really like this car and feel it's a keeper. The water pump leaked but was fixed under warranty. Otherwise no mechanical issues at all. The engine needs premium unleaded but it's worth it to feel that ride, the mechanics, power plant and transmission working so well together. So, that's the review. Test drive one if you're not sure, but I would recommend this car to anyone who asked, without question so far. Thank you

Where do I start

by Wendy from MD | November 13, 2009

I have an LS model. The trunk for whatever reason fills up with water anytime it rains or snows. Now the blower for the ac/heat won't cut off so I have to remove the fuse because I no longer have the warranty I can't afford to fix it. Only had for two years no wonder the previous owner got rid of it.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Impala