2006 Chevrolet Impala

See Photos & Videos

Overall

CAR IN ONE WORD " JUNK"

by GM MAN from ROANOKE VA | March 1, 2014

OWNED YEAR AND HALF AND HAVE SPENT A TON ON IT.REPLACED TRANMISSION, FRONT BEARINGS, OIL SENSOR UNIT, MISSES AND STILL HAVEN'T FOUND ANY WHO CAN FIND WHAT CAUSING IT, HEAT FAN MOTOR RATTLES, I LET LOOKS FOOL ME LOVE THE BODY STYLE, HATE THE CAR . INTERIOR CHEAP PLASTIC THAT RATTLES , VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH GM, THE CAR BEFORE THIS A 98 LUMINA WITH 270,000 MILE BEST CAR EVER OWNED WAS TOTALLED.MY CHEY DEALERSHIP HAS TRIED TO GET ME TRADE IT ON A NEW 2014 IMPALA YOU COULDN'T GIVE THIS JUNK AND MAYBE NOT ANOTHER GM . SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY A 15 YEAR LUMIA WITH 300,000 MILE AND YOU'LL HAVE BETTER THAN A NEW IMPALA

210k and still running

by KenFu from Pasadena, MD | January 2, 2014

I bought my '06 Impala in Sep '06 with 15k miles on it and I'm still running it with 210k miles now. The maintenance costs have been relatively low but are creeping up which I assume is due to the high mileage and the fact that I can't always afford the crazy high prices of repair shops. I have the LT and it's a fairly vanilla car, but that's ok with me. It has done it's job and then some. I'll run it till the wheels fall off.

Love the 3.9L V6

by Impala Owner from Columbus, OH | June 28, 2013

Great passing power, and the rumble from the big v6 with dual exhaust is awesome. Great comfort for just cruising down the highway..

just bought a 06 chevey inpala lt

by mike from flushing,queens ,ny | May 21, 2012

so far so good i just bought it today,and i like it so far.37k miles and 2006 for 7000.car had minor accidents in front and back got the machinace check it out its ok.and am just happy to have this car but a little dissapointed with the 18 mpg.other that that its all ok.

WOW!!

by Chevycamaro1891 from Inman, KS | May 18, 2012

This is a great car! Driven several just bought one and love it!! Way better than any comparing car.

it's got it all

by gmas59 from monticello , mn | March 28, 2012

The vechile has most of the goodies with up graded wheels and it's been one of the most if not the most reliable cars i've owned.

My First Car And I Love It!

by First Impala Byer from Cherryhill, NJ | March 23, 2012

I bought this car used over a year ago with 93,000 miles on it. I'm currently a few miles away from 100,000 and so far so good. I have never had a problem with it and it is the most comfortable car i have ever driven. I have taken this car to Baltimore with no problems. The only issue is the occasional low gas mileage around 17mpg but that is expected in a car this size. I love this car.

My First Car

by First Time Car Buyer from Baltimore | February 24, 2012

I love it, it rides smooth as a baby's bottom. It is also reliable. I drove from Baltimore to Cincy and I commute to and from campus. Still runs good with 84k.

First Car, Best Car!

by Kevo from Little Rock, Arkansas | January 23, 2012

This is my first car! Bought it at a Chevy dealer used with 30k miles & now it has 92k. They had all the records for it & the car only drove in for oil change, tires & other maintenance. It's a great vehicle. If you take care of it like you should it'll run forever. The only issue I have encountered is having to replace the starter. Other than that I've driven to Miami & back & never any engine light on or leaks of any sort. The car has just been great! I do recommend this car! Take care of it & it will take care of you! I am Kevo & I Approve this message!

Surprisingly, disappointed

by thomas44 from Rochester, NY | December 11, 2011

After being a loyal satisfied GM fan for many years, my 2006 Chevy Impala has been very problematic in the later years and will probably my last Chevy. Exhaust issues, water pump failure and shoty workmanship with door latches and windows, etc., reminds me of the poor quality we experienced in the 70's and 80's in the American auto industry. My advice to those who own an Impala is to run them 3 - 4 years and no more than 75000 miles.