2006 Chevrolet Impala

2006 Chevrolet Impala
Available in 5 styles:  2006 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great value, low maint. costs and dependable

by Chevray from Upstate NY | June 18, 2014

2006 impala LT, 172K mi. and going strong. Bought it with 12K in early 2007. This car is not fancy nor particularly exciting to drive. But I can't understand the review calling this "junk", unless they've not kept up on regular maint., which is a must with any car. I currently have an engine light on due to transmission, but have driven this way uneventful for 20K plus miles. I live in brutal northeast winter cold, and this car has not let me down. Exceptional gas mileage for its size. Handles well, I've been able to stop and avoid major obstacles numerous times, very predictable.

Not a bad car.

by Mark from Sandusky, Ohio | May 4, 2014

I bought my 2006 Chevrolet Impala used 67k on the odometer in December 2012. Currently I have 88k on the odometer as of May 2014. Overall I am happy with the car, but may feel different if It didn't come with a lifetime power train warranty. Covered under that warranty, the vehicle was consuming coolant due to leaking lower intake gaskets. This was when I purchaced the vehicle. The previous owner had attempted to stop the leak with stop leak. That is a common issue with the 3.5L engine. It would have been roughly a $700 repair. At about 80k the front cover seal started to leak all of a sudden. I let it go until about 85k when the transmission lines developed a slight seep. I had all that all replaced, thankfully under warranty, and discovered during the repair that the right side motor mount was in two halves. That repair would have cost me about $600. I did have a hesitant transmission when i purchased the vehicle but have since managed to get all the sludge out of the transmission. It has been damaged but runs satisfactory. The out of pocket repairs I made were not to bad. Factory tires/brakes (not bad for the mileage). The vent solenoid froze up this winter in the cold. Replaced the hazy headlight assemblies, but every car does that. The only repair that I was not to happy about was that all four struts were bouncing all over the place at 75k. At the time I also owned a 2008 Chevy Cobalt with 106k on the factory struts, driving on the same roads. (Pretty smooth here) Overall not a bad vehicle. Ride is great, build quality seems good. Engine goes when I need it to.

CAR IN ONE WORD " JUNK"

by GM MAN from ROANOKE VA | March 1, 2014

OWNED YEAR AND HALF AND HAVE SPENT A TON ON IT.REPLACED TRANMISSION, FRONT BEARINGS, OIL SENSOR UNIT, MISSES AND STILL HAVEN'T FOUND ANY WHO CAN FIND WHAT CAUSING IT, HEAT FAN MOTOR RATTLES, I LET LOOKS FOOL ME LOVE THE BODY STYLE, HATE THE CAR . INTERIOR CHEAP PLASTIC THAT RATTLES , VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH GM, THE CAR BEFORE THIS A 98 LUMINA WITH 270,000 MILE BEST CAR EVER OWNED WAS TOTALLED.MY CHEY DEALERSHIP HAS TRIED TO GET ME TRADE IT ON A NEW 2014 IMPALA YOU COULDN'T GIVE THIS JUNK AND MAYBE NOT ANOTHER GM . SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY A 15 YEAR LUMIA WITH 300,000 MILE AND YOU'LL HAVE BETTER THAN A NEW IMPALA

210k and still running

by KenFu from Pasadena, MD | January 2, 2014

I bought my '06 Impala in Sep '06 with 15k miles on it and I'm still running it with 210k miles now. The maintenance costs have been relatively low but are creeping up which I assume is due to the high mileage and the fact that I can't always afford the crazy high prices of repair shops. I have the LT and it's a fairly vanilla car, but that's ok with me. It has done it's job and then some. I'll run it till the wheels fall off.

Love the 3.9L V6

by Impala Owner from Columbus, OH | June 28, 2013

Great passing power, and the rumble from the big v6 with dual exhaust is awesome. Great comfort for just cruising down the highway..

just bought a 06 chevey inpala lt

by mike from flushing,queens ,ny | May 21, 2012

so far so good i just bought it today,and i like it so far.37k miles and 2006 for 7000.car had minor accidents in front and back got the machinace check it out its ok.and am just happy to have this car but a little dissapointed with the 18 mpg.other that that its all ok.

WOW!!

by Chevycamaro1891 from Inman, KS | May 18, 2012

This is a great car! Driven several just bought one and love it!! Way better than any comparing car.

it's got it all

by gmas59 from monticello , mn | March 28, 2012

The vechile has most of the goodies with up graded wheels and it's been one of the most if not the most reliable cars i've owned.

My First Car And I Love It!

by First Impala Byer from Cherryhill, NJ | March 23, 2012

I bought this car used over a year ago with 93,000 miles on it. I'm currently a few miles away from 100,000 and so far so good. I have never had a problem with it and it is the most comfortable car i have ever driven. I have taken this car to Baltimore with no problems. The only issue is the occasional low gas mileage around 17mpg but that is expected in a car this size. I love this car.

My First Car

by First Time Car Buyer from Baltimore | February 24, 2012

I love it, it rides smooth as a baby's bottom. It is also reliable. I drove from Baltimore to Cincy and I commute to and from campus. Still runs good with 84k.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Impala