2008 Chevrolet Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala
Available in 6 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Boring but does everything well!

by apet520 from PA | August 5, 2016

I'm only 22 so the Impala seems like a boring choice. I will say I have had more entertaining vehicles but the Impala does everything well. I never considered an Impala but it was the best vehicle I could get financed for at the time. I am very happy with my Impala, it's very comfortable and averages 28 MPG. I drive it very hard and don't give it the best care. The 3.5 and 4 speed are not fast but they have been rock solid. I am approaching 90000 miles and not a single squeak or rattle has appeared. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Even with me driving hard it uses NO oil. I would trust this car to take my anywhere! I am hoping to get another two years out of it then I plan on getting a Brand New Impala.

2008 Impala SS

by B24tg from Garland, TX | October 6, 2015

I purchased my pre-owned 2008 Impala SS with 29,000 miles on it. It just turned 78,000 miles. Most of the mileage is city driving. It has all the whistles & bells of the SS - custom interior, custom wheels, V-8 motor, dual exhaust (sounds good!), Sirius/XM radio, sunroof, etc. It has excellent acceleration, especially when you need it! To my knowledge, its the only Impala that you can buy with a V-8 as standard equipment. It gets about 18 MPG in the city and 22-24 MPG highway, but when you buy a V-8 you can expect this. I don't think they make the SS model anymore for the Impala, so I consider it a collectors item of sorts. If you can get by with the mileage, everything else about the car is great and I highly recommend it!!

2008 Impala LT

by Golden Geezer from Chicago | June 30, 2015

I have a 2008 Impala LT that I bought used with 20,000 miles. It is now 6.5 years later with another 60,000 miles. The Impala has been a very good overall car. Fairly low maintenance and modest repairs. The best feature is the great gas mileage I get with the 3.5 V-6 engine. I drive with an eye toward fuel economy and avoid hitting the gas by timing lights and being very light on the accelerator. I regularly average 24 - 25 mpg in a mix of 75% city / 25 % highway driving. On a recent trip from Chicago to Detroit I got over 34 mpg with the cruise set at 70 mph. This is well above the EPA 18 / 28 ratings shown on the window sticker.

Great Service

by Jones from El Paso,TX | April 4, 2015

Employees made sure I got the vehicle that I wanted. didnt take long. Also provided friendly service

Excellent Vehicle

by Jeff from NJ | April 16, 2014

Car is better in person than in pictures. Dealer very reasonable and honest. Wont let you walk out the door

Wanted a good reliable car

by Best deal from Atlanta, NY | March 24, 2014

This car is extremely comfortable, roomy quiet. Plenty of power. Exterior design is beginning to look a bit dated, but overall, I feel like this is one of the best cars you can get for the money if not THE best. I am confident that this car is going to last me for years.

Great car !!!!!

by Betsy from Laurel, MS | January 22, 2014

This is a great bang for your buck. It rides good, gets great gas mileage for this size vehicle and has wonderful get-up-and go. It is very comfortable and roomy. When you take a trip it does not make you tired.

Very Impressed

by mbjb73052 from Lindsay, OK | August 22, 2013

I owned a 1994 Chevy Lumina Minivan for 8 years. Hated to buy another vehicle because I paid cash for my minivan. I didn't want to buy a car because lets face it, cars are not roomy. We were looking at SUVs but could not find one that was reliable or that didn't have a number of problems. I did my research and when it came to test driving, I really liked the way the 2008 Impala LT rode. I looked at all the information about this car. We didn't want a huge payment but where we live we didn't have much of a choice, car dealers have you by the throat. This car is very quiet, it runs smooth, for a used vehicle it rides like it is brand new. I like that there is plenty of leg room, the trunk is bigger than most storage room in any SUV that we looked at, it is pretty much exactly what we were looking for. I am very impressed.

nissan sentra

by bikay from cromwell | May 7, 2013

i was very lucky to meet a good sales man at middletown nissan, davis who sold a good used car to me.

Comfort, Class and Reliability

by Sugarbabe from Racine WI | April 23, 2013

I have owned this car since 2008. I love it. I only have 43,000 miles, so I can't comment on how things hold up after that. The gas mileage is only 18 mpg city (so they say), so I have been looking to purchace a more fuel effeciant car. I have been looking for a year on and off and just cannot find anything that I like as much as my Impala. I have nothing but good things to say about my car. I just wanted to find something smaller. I compare everything to my Impala even though some cars aren't even comparable. (like apples and oranges). I have decided to hold on to it a little longer until I find another car that I just 'have' to have. Not looking good yet though as I am lovin' my Impala.