2008 Chevrolet Impala

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2008 Impala LT

by Golden Geezer from Chicago | June 30, 2015

I have a 2008 Impala LT that I bought used with 20,000 miles. It is now 6.5 years later with another 60,000 miles. The Impala has been a very good overall car. Fairly low maintenance and modest repairs. The best feature is the great gas mileage I get with the 3.5 V-6 engine. I drive with an eye toward fuel economy and avoid hitting the gas by timing lights and being very light on the accelerator. I regularly average 24 - 25 mpg in a mix of 75% city / 25 % highway driving. On a recent trip from Chicago to Detroit I got over 34 mpg with the cruise set at 70 mph. This is well above the EPA 18 / 28 ratings shown on the window sticker.

Great Service

by Jones from El Paso,TX | April 4, 2015

Employees made sure I got the vehicle that I wanted. didnt take long. Also provided friendly service

Excellent Vehicle

by Jeff from NJ | April 16, 2014

Car is better in person than in pictures. Dealer very reasonable and honest. Wont let you walk out the door

Wanted a good reliable car

by Best deal from Atlanta, NY | March 24, 2014

This car is extremely comfortable, roomy quiet. Plenty of power. Exterior design is beginning to look a bit dated, but overall, I feel like this is one of the best cars you can get for the money if not THE best. I am confident that this car is going to last me for years.

Great car !!!!!

by Betsy from Laurel, MS | January 22, 2014

This is a great bang for your buck. It rides good, gets great gas mileage for this size vehicle and has wonderful get-up-and go. It is very comfortable and roomy. When you take a trip it does not make you tired.

Very Impressed

by mbjb73052 from Lindsay, OK | August 22, 2013

I owned a 1994 Chevy Lumina Minivan for 8 years. Hated to buy another vehicle because I paid cash for my minivan. I didn't want to buy a car because lets face it, cars are not roomy. We were looking at SUVs but could not find one that was reliable or that didn't have a number of problems. I did my research and when it came to test driving, I really liked the way the 2008 Impala LT rode. I looked at all the information about this car. We didn't want a huge payment but where we live we didn't have much of a choice, car dealers have you by the throat. This car is very quiet, it runs smooth, for a used vehicle it rides like it is brand new. I like that there is plenty of leg room, the trunk is bigger than most storage room in any SUV that we looked at, it is pretty much exactly what we were looking for. I am very impressed.

nissan sentra

by bikay from cromwell | May 7, 2013

i was very lucky to meet a good sales man at middletown nissan, davis who sold a good used car to me.

Comfort, Class and Reliability

by Sugarbabe from Racine WI | April 23, 2013

I have owned this car since 2008. I love it. I only have 43,000 miles, so I can't comment on how things hold up after that. The gas mileage is only 18 mpg city (so they say), so I have been looking to purchace a more fuel effeciant car. I have been looking for a year on and off and just cannot find anything that I like as much as my Impala. I have nothing but good things to say about my car. I just wanted to find something smaller. I compare everything to my Impala even though some cars aren't even comparable. (like apples and oranges). I have decided to hold on to it a little longer until I find another car that I just 'have' to have. Not looking good yet though as I am lovin' my Impala.

General Motors Best Value Automobile!

by VetteDriver from Kansas City | January 21, 2013

The Impala is a large, well equipped, comfortable sedan. For dependable everday transportation, you can't beat it. The LTZ has all the features one needs except for memory seats for multipule drivers, but take 20 seconds and readjust everything. With plenty of power (V-6) the Impala will accelerate quickly to highway speed, but slow down entering sharp curves to avoid the big sedan lean. Snow won't slow it down since it has the extra weight on the front drive wheels to keep moving. The interior is extra quiet and large, and the rear seat is roomy. Perhaps the thing I will miss most about the Impala is the huge trunk. Fold the seats down, and haul anything a small truck will, and I have. I have even put a full size glass storm door in there and closed the lid. Don't tell my wife, but I even hauled a push lawn mower in there with the handle sticking out the back with the lid up. If you think about everything that goes into the construction of an Implala, the features it provides, the safety, and the utility of it............without the huge markup you will pay for a big brand name auto with more features you don't need, you will be one smart puppy with the savings in the bank.

Love my Car

by Tippy from Arkansas | December 7, 2012

Okay, my car runs well... There has been one issue with the air conditioner and several people I know with this car younger and older have had this issue. It costs a couple hundred dollars to fix. The think the name of the issues was actuator. I purchased the car new is 2009 and now my car has a little less than 70,000 miles on it. I plan to purchase a new vehicle so I can have a vehicle with third row. I plan to keep my impala. It gets good gas mileage. (my car shows 21.9 mpg on the screen) Would recommend and would buy again.