2009 Chevrolet Impala

Available in 5 styles:  2009 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Very Reliable Vehicle

by Impressed Younger Driver from Illinois | December 6, 2013

I am an 18 year old driver, and I have recently made the move from a cheaper 90's car to this 2009 Chevy Impala. I, having driven several different sedans, can say that this has been my absolute favorite. First of all, the exterior design is a great medium between a legitimate sports car and a stately, full-size sedan for every day use. Its sporty headlights and grille are accented by the slanted body design, rear spoiler, and the Victory Red paint job. The inside of the vehicle is even more impressive. The overall design of the interior is attractive, with a stately and smooth steering wheel shape, a sporty set of gauges in aquamarine color, and bucket seats that invite the driver and passengers to a comfortable ride. The only thing that this reviewer would change about the interior is the paneling design on the dashboard, as the reddish-brown wood-like design paneling could be done without. The comfort and interface of the interior is also impressive. Controls on the radio and temperature system are easy to use, the gauges are very easy to read, storage space in the center armrest is respectable, the shifter knob is conveniently located in the center of the front seats, the seats themselves are comfortable and easily adjustable, the headlight system is easy to use, the cruise control system is easy to use (as well as being conveniently located on the steering wheel), the windshield wiper/turn signal control lever is easily used and seen, and the sound system of the car is phenomenal. The interior, also, is spacious and very comfortable in that sense. Trunk space is very large as well. The car, even with 98,000 miles logged, runs like a charm, and has absolutely no problems. The engine is decently quiet, and is relatively powerful, with 211 horsepower pumping from the 3.5L V6. The vehicle, in conclusion, is attractive, reliable, easy to use, and fun to drive. I, even as a young driver, would highly recommend the 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT to anyone looking for an affordable, reliable, and attractive used car in the 2013-2014 era.

VERY dependiable vehicle

by Pete from Ashtabula,Oh | January 27, 2013

I had a 2001,2004,and 2009 Impala,I enjoy driving them ,the comfort , the reliability and the handling of the vehicle. I can't say nothing bad about the car . I've haven't had to put a dime into it except oil changes and new tires, I have 46,000 miles and just trading up to the Cadallic SRX and I hope I have the same experience with it . I am 65 years old and have been a GM person all my life I've found them to be a very dependable vehicle.

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

by DISAPOINTED CHEVY OWNER from CORONA | December 8, 2012

THE LITTLE THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE PROBLEMS ARE. A/C VACUUM MODULES ETC. BAD BREAKING. TO LOW TO THE GROUND.

Owner update

by Motown Engineer from Macomb, Miichigan | January 6, 2012

My 2009 LT now has 65,000 miles from commuting over 90 miles a day. Replaced tires, battery and windshield wiper blades at 56,000 last September. Just playing it safe for upcoming Michigan winter. The Impala has been very reliable is holding up very well with no issues. Gas mileage is between 25-29 mpg, does not burn or leak any fluids.

worst car I ever owned

by american worker from oklahoma | September 7, 2011

this car is a piece of junk! Have had trouble out of it since the day I bought it. I get one thing fixed and something else goes wrong. all GM tells me is, " take it for repair,we will cover the cost". This they do but my warranty is up in 6 months and I can't afford all the repairs. It is too light weight,too much road noise. I can say two good things about it; handles the curves and snow good and has a great stereo system.

very good car for the money

by waterguy from tampa,fl | June 10, 2011

I have a 2009 Lt2 3.9 no problems at all.I have 14000 miles.Handles great,road trip to N.J. from Tampa.

So far so good

by N4mation from West by God Virginia | May 13, 2011

Stepped down from my '00 Bonneville SLE April of last year. Am getting used to my '09 Impala LTZ. 2nd owner, 7,000 miles. Full options. Beautiful in black. Lots of compliments and questions. Got thumbs up from a 40th Anniversary Corvette driver during test drive. Although not a race car it's crazy fast. Frequently challenged by curious drivers of other cars. 3.9L V-6, gas mileage around 28-29 mpg highway. Light, and true to its current nameplate. I will get one just like it for my wife. Feels solid, safe and roadworthy. Most police agencies where we live use them. Keep reading complaints about the seats from folks. Simply adjust the lumbars and backs of buckets. Critics, drive the LTZ package and support Made In America more.

seats are bad

by tom from ada oh | October 11, 2010

the seats in the 09 impala are very hard no comfort at all. i had an 04 impala and the seats were great in it.

Chevy

by Babyface from Bayonne, New Jersey | October 10, 2010

First of all it is an American made car. Have had 2 Impalas a 2001 and now a 2009. Overall pretty good mileage approx. 23 city and 27-29 on the hwy. For have a 4 door sedan with good looks and the power to move when you need to it is as solid as they come. I would recommend to anyone to look at a Chevrolet for your next vehicle. I would put it up against any other car on the market for value.

GM cars are far more Superior than Toyata cars.

by Rover from New York | September 2, 2010

I own a 2005 Toyata Carolla and a 2009 Toyata Camry in my days and I had nothing but problems with them. I did regular maintenance on them, but I still had problems. I eventually traded both cars in and I bought a 2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 3.9 V6. This car is very beautiful and very fast it performs. Some people say GM cars are no good, that is not true. I did not know what I was missing all these years because I listen to my friends about GM cars. Please stop bashing GM cars and buy one for yourself. You will never be sorry. This car is far more superior and much better than my previous Toyata Carolla and my Toyata Camry. I will never buy a Toyata again. Chevrolet Impala is the way to go.