We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2010 Chevrolet Impala

2010 Chevrolet Impala
Available in 3 styles:  2010 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

I really wanted to like this car.

by Planet Telex from MN | June 12, 2016

I have had a 2010 LT for three years now. I wanted to like this car, and did when I bought it as a CPO with about 28k on it. It has been three years and I am just under 45k on it. The good: - I like how it looks. - Good power unless the A/C is on - Happy with the leather and layout; comfortable interior. - Good highway mileage. The bad and ugly: Three power steering pumps replaced by dealer, wheel bearings, all kinds of suspension and bushing noise, water leaks into the passenger-side cabin with A/C on (even though it is draining out to the ground as it should be), Bose system is fatiguing and impossible to upgrade, horrible heater/ac control (it tries to be automatic but isn't? Hard to explain until you have had to live with it. It really is a terrible setup...either blowing hot or cold with no way to get anything in-between), very bad blind spots both front and rear and the most dismal exterior rearview mirror shape ever designed, major mold issues with the HVAC (TSB issued, problem not solved after repeated attempts by dealer), horrendous panel-gaps and wind noise, scary-weak power window motors, transaxle starting to grind now at low temps under load, cooling fans now make a noise like a bearing is worn... I could probably list more but it is getting depressing to sit here and think about it. I wanted to love or even just like this car but it is the only car I have ever owned that I have wound up simply hating. It is a frustrating and boring car that looks nice. I still have bumper-to-bumper warranty on this car, but I have had it. I need to be able to drive my car, not let it sit at the dealership with the mechanics practicing on it. Just took a hit to trade out of it. I hated it that much.

Surprised and Happy

by CDlaura from Mount Vernon WA | April 22, 2016

I just inherited a 2010 Impala LTZ from my mother in law. I am a Toyota driver and I was just planning to sell this Chevy. That is until I drove it around for a couple days. The power and performance are so much fun! And the stereo system (Bose) is wonderful. I can put all my music gear in the trunk. I don't like that the transmission shifter has no indicators on the console, and the E Brake lever sticks out too far. Other than that I love this car, and I am going to keep it!! Nice going Chevy, it's been years since I have driven an American made car, I hope this Impala doesn't let me down.

bumper problems

by jim from Wisconsin | January 18, 2016

Love my impala only when it got cold this winter and i baked out of my drive with i nicked a snow bank and my bumper cracked all over.

Great car

by Dawn from Danville, PA | December 22, 2015

I've had it for almost 6 years and the only thing I have replaced is the tank that holds the power steering fluid. Somehow that got a hole in it. Other wise I love this car. I love the style of the 2010.It is very classy looking and a lot cheaper than a Cadillac. It has 112,000 miles on it and it still drives like new.

Worst Car I've Ever Own!

by tmart from Lawrenceville, GA | February 18, 2015

My Impala was a year old when I purchased it in 2011 with 32,000 miles on it. The first couple of years I had no problems then suddenly last year the car started to make grinding noises when going from reverse to drive. Two weeks ago, the transmission went out completely. Apparently, this seems to be a thing with the 2010 Impala, based on my current research, yet there is no recall on it. I'm angry that Chevrolet wants a small fortune to repair a 5 year old car that doesn't even have 100,000 miles on it. I've always had a Chevrolet, (since 1981), but I think that this one will be my last. I'm so disgusted!! Sadly, I still owe on it!

Thank you Adian Mangabang!! Love this car!!!

by AJ from Phoenix, AZ | September 20, 2013

I went to Camelback Ford to see if I had the key to a brand new Ford Focus but I didn't. My plan was to just win a car or walk away with just a free tablet. Well my plan got busted and I could be happier. Adian Mangabang got to know me and then after I thought there wasn't a car on the lot I wanted he found me the perfect vehicle even though it wasn't a Ford. It rides smooth, accelerates great, has good trunk space, and best of all has a gorgeous interior design. Plus it helped that the payments are lower than what I originally said I could afford. Funny thing is I never even thought of buying an Impala. Thanks Adian

What a great used car

by Mouse from Milwaukee WI | August 8, 2013

Purchased a car similar to this from Wilde Toyota in Greenfield WI. Not only is it the most comfortable car I have owned in 45 years, it has the get up and go I wanted in a used car. Please consider Wilde Toyota when looking for a great used car. Leonard Jordan treated me like royalty. Other dealerships I walked away from because as a woman the males think they can pull the wool over your eyes. Not so. They had many cars to choose from, all good clean cars. GO WILDE. Buy a Chevy, Buy AMERICAN!!!!!

Awesome car and experience

by Used car buyer from Rock Island, IL | February 15, 2013

Key Auto Mall and salesman Wayne Weems went above and beyond to be sure I got everything in a car that I wanted! Awesome!

Best car I have owned

by everyday driver from Syracuse,NY | January 20, 2013

I bought the car used in 2010 it was a rental buy back car bought by my dealer at auction. I purchased it sight unseen and I can not complain. Other than routine maintance and wear and tear items I have not had to invest much into the car. I did have the windows tinted and with the dark grey exterior and the dark tinted widows it is sharp.

smoothest car ive ever driven

by car lover from buffalo, ny | December 11, 2011

The 2010 impala is such a great vehicle. Its fast yet glides like air. Its comfortable for long drives and just screams professionalism. I especially like the redesigned body style. It sits up high and gives it a great sporty look.