See Also: 2011 Chevrolet Impala

2011 Chevrolet Impala

2011 Chevrolet Impala
Available in 3 styles:  2011 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best value car I have ever owned

by Lovemy chevyimpala from Brandenburg Ky | August 13, 2014

This is the second Impala I have bought . It has all the comforts I want and great hwy gas mileage. I can't imagine ever buying anything else but the Impala.

2011 impala

by CaC from Athens, GA | July 8, 2014

I have had this car for 1 year now I traded it in due to having transmission issues with my old car it was a 88 bronco but then to have the same thing with this car the transmission went out at 49,000 miles no warning sign or light came on it just completely went out as I was pulling out into a 3 lane road with my fiancé and 1 yr old daughter in the car. My warranty did fix it and gave me a rental after 3 days (annoying) but at least is got one then I have noticed the interior is made cheap the piece for my volume button already looks like it is going to come off. But I guess you get what you pay for with it being a 12,000 car.

No, Not Again!

by It's Me! from Chicago, IL | July 7, 2014

My husband purchased this car for me in Nov 2012 with 26k on the odometer. I noticed that when the back windows only are down, it's weird cabin pressure in the car. At approx. 39K in Dec 2013, on one of the coldest days in Chicago, the car stopped on me while driving my family. Turned out it was a transmission problem (covered by warranty). Service was horrible. Just recently in June 2014 at 49K, the car stopped on me again while driving. Turned out to be another trans problem, unrelated to the first issue, so they say. Covered by warranty. Good service. Service said they rebuilt the transmission. I'm like should I be expecting a problem every six months??? Before this, I was driving a 2008 Camry. This Impala has been the worst thing I've ever experienced being a newer model vehicle. Don't want another Chevy, unless it's free.

Tried E85

by Lilly from Midwest | June 22, 2014

Bought my '11 Impala used. No problems so far. Gets good mileage on the highway at 75 -80 City driving pulls it down pretty quick. Tried the E85, fuel was a lot cheaper, took 5 mpg off though, talked to people who use nothing but E85 and love it. I know the car is made for it but I just have a nagging feeling that I am hurting the car somehow. Really liking the car. Lil

Best Car In Michigan

by Epic Car Lover from Birmingham, MI | June 16, 2014

Now, people say Its horrible, PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT! That 6 cylinder engine delivers a kick of speed. Mine was the base model and the Technology is just outstanding! You never hear static here in Michigan. Mine came with Onstar, and that has been a blessing. Got it in 2012 and acts like new, I dont know how Chevy does it but this is a masterpiece! The Interior feels like your in a nice cozy cabin, that can fly! I still think this is just unreal! And I've had it for 2 years. The only problem I had was not major, it was not even real. I just thought something happened because the lights to the dashboard weren't on, (AKA heat and radio) But it was just I pressed this button to turn that sections lights off, thats very inventive, it saves battery! For the exterior I have to agree with Rodan, very sharp and really nice looks. With the base model you still have a chrome bar in the back and in the front too. Chevy is really not cheap with the Impala, If you get a new Impala, you will love it, if you get a 2011 Impala, you will love it! SOOOOO RELIABLE! I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK IT ISNT!!?? I still marvel at the thought nothings gone wrong EVER! If I could rank it for the overall ranking, best car in Michigan, and people will agree with me, also if it has problems its not the car, either previous owners dont maintain or they abuse the gas pedal which can cause overheating which leads to problems in the engine. So please if you have problems it is not the car, ok people? So consider getting it, best car in Michigan! :)

more problems

by unhappy from mn | March 15, 2014

it started out to be a good car until it ht 60,ooo miles now it seems to have to many 3 to 5oo dollar repairs at the dealer stabil trac every time this shows up on my dash i get chills its in getting repaired again when its done im going to trade it in on a dodge never by another chev

Worst car I have ever driven

by Sales Driver from Springfield, MO | February 2, 2014

I have driven 3 Impalas, 06, 08 and 11, the 06 & 08 where above average in reliability, but the 11 has not been the same, gas mileage is 4-5 MPG less, the transmission is the biggest issue, at 43K the transmission was completely overhauled with a new torque converter by GM under warranty. At 63K the same problem and GM overhauled the transmissions and this time put a rebuild torque converter. I have driven 16 cars for business and this is the first car that I have had with transmission problems. My next car will be a 14 Camry.

Reduced power on high power turns

by Dergills from Pueblo, CO | December 21, 2013

The engine reduces power and the anti lock brakes kick in on high power turns when you need to accelerate...like on a clover leaf freeway on ramp. This is normal for this year...and most likely after 2011. I hated this car for this reason. After 6 months I traded it in for a 2011 Ford Fusion. The Fusion is the best car I have ever owned.

unreliable

by unreliable from London, oh | September 23, 2013

If u buy this year and model. Ask if the throttle position sensor has been replaced. It apparently goes out on all of them. And depending on the dealership it may or may not be covered by your warranty.

Great Value

by Impala Lover from Plano, TX | July 26, 2013

Good looking reliable car, also comfortable... Great value. I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a car that they can count on. The maintenance costs are very low. It was a fantastic purchase!