The Impala is Chevrolet's flagship full-size sedan. Three trim levels are available: LS, LT and LTZ. Impalas compete with the Ford Taurus, Chrysler 300 and Toyota Avalon.
New for 2011
The standard 3.5-liter V-6 engine now has standard flex-fuel capability, allowing it to burn gasoline or an ethanol blend of up to 85 percent (E85).
For 2011, the Impala gains body-colored bodyside moldings for all models. The Impala has a somewhat rounded shape for a sedan, with large, swept-back headlights as its distinguishing characteristic.
- LS and LT models have 16-inch wheels
- LTZ models have 18-inch wheels
Inside the Impala, flip-and-fold rear-seat cushions reveal a covered storage area and include grocery bag hooks. The rear seatback folds down to create a pass-through into the trunk. GM's OnStar communication system is standard, and the Directions and Connections service that gives audio turn-by-turn directions from an OnStar operator is free for six months.
- Available Bose audio system with eight speakers
- Seating for five or six, depending on choice of front seat
- Standard dual-zone manual climate control on all models
- Standard illuminated vanity mirrors for driver and front passenger (LT and LTZ)
- Standard XM Satellite Radio (subscription sold separately)
- Available remote start
- Bluetooth phone connectivity available
Under the Hood
Engines include a 3.5-liter V-6 and a 3.9-liter V-6. Both are flex-fuel engines that can run on ethanol-based E85.
- 211-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 215 pounds-feet of torque
- 230-hp, 3.9-liter V-6 with 238 pounds-feet of torque
- LTZ has sportier suspension
- Four-speed automatic transmission on all models
Side curtain airbags and seat belt pretensioners for the front seats are standard. Latch child-seat anchors are found in all second-row seating positions. OnStar includes GM's Advanced Crash Response System, which makes crash data available to 911 centers.
- Stability control standard on all models
- Standard thorax side-impact airbags on all models
- Standard antilock brakes and traction control on all models
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Chevrolet Impala.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range