2012 Chevrolet Impala

18 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Happy With Used Purchase

by nfox2012Impala from Pawtucket, RI | August 4, 2014

I purchased my 2012 Impala LS with 19,000 miles on it, and I'm happy with it. It ran like new when I bought it, and still runs new at 48,000 miles. Changed Oil when oil life is 5% (never burns oil), and replaced brakes, and rotors myself. Slapped on new Front Tires, and that's it. Seems pretty reliable. I put a K&N air filter in it because I noticed it bogged down at low RPMs. It stopped the problem, and it breathes better, and has slightly more power (for that Camaro RS next to you). When I replaced the brakes, the car looked very clean underneath, no rust. I get the under carriage cleaned in the winter often.

WOW

by ImpalaMan2012 from Quebec, CA | April 11, 2014

My first Impala was an 2006. Since this moment i'm in love with this kind of venhicule! My last Impala had the V6 3.5L and now with the new V6 3.6L this is awesome. More power! The vehicule is really comfortable. I bought my Chevrolet Implala LT 2012 in march 2013. I'm still in love since I bougt it. I recommand this vehicule!

Not Happy...

by krg212 from Concord, NH | March 31, 2014

Car has 41k on it, already needs a Power Steering Rack(leaking fluid) Right outer Tie Rod end is worn out and the front Brake Rotors pulsate , overall im not very happy with this vehicle.

Love it !!!!

by Meemee from Pikeville, Ky | March 30, 2014

This is the first 4 door car I have owned in years. I was always a SUV girl......until gas got so ridiculous. I took my time and researched many mid size sedans and my 2012 Impala won the challenge. I love everything about it. Backseat lets down for extra cargo room. My 10 year old loves all the room he has in the backseat. Aluminum 17 inch wheels and spoiler and to its sporty design. Handles like a dream. Test drive one and you will be sold as well....thank.

Great Car

by CarNut from West Virginia | March 29, 2014

Great all around car, love the powerful engine and 6 speed tranny, only con I can find is if you punch it from a dead stop it is very hard to keep the car straight,it wants to pull side to side.

Solid Value

by Pre-Owned Buyer from West Des Moines, IA | March 10, 2014

I personally researched about 20 sedans in the 20k price range before trading in my 03 jaguar x-type. Came to the conclusion the 12/13 impalas (basically the same car) are simply the best value out there. Over the weekend I bought a 12 LTZ for less than 15k including extended warranty! I dare you - find me another 15k car with 100k bumper to bumper coverage, 300hp, 30 hwy mpg, heated leather, bose, leg and trunk room, remote start, etc. etc....stop there, you wont find it. I tried. The interesting thing to read is how negatively the 'expert' reviews are vs. owners. Its really night and day... I guess the experts are looking for the alure of a 'new' body style or more gadgets. This car has everything you want, and nothing you dont. I actually appreciate how straight forward the controls and layout is (maybe i'm old school). After driving a buick and feeling like i needed a 2 week class on how to opperate the car I apprecaited the simplicity. I've had mine 3 days now and am absolutely certain i made the right call with the 12 implala LTZ.

Wise Choice

by Tashe from Eastern Pennsylvania | February 10, 2014

Bought this LTZ used one year ago with 20K miles on it.. Excellent on long vacations - very comfortable ride and very good mileage for a 300HP engine. It sort of reminds me of my Dad's '62 Impala he bought new.

Preferred my old Impala

by CatMama from Evanston, IL | December 17, 2013

Somewhat disappointed in the 2012 Impala. Previously owned a 2001 Impala and the features were much better. The new Impala is smaller and does not have the same leg room in the backseat. The backseat does not fold down, unless you get a different model which comes with a spoiler. Also, wish other color choices were available.

A car for a tall guy!

by SARGE from Hadley, Mi | December 17, 2013

I am 6-7, and have been searching the internet for a car with leg room. The Sonata was supposed to have the most leg room, but after driving it for an hour, my legs were sore. The dealer suggested the Impala, after driving it, I was sold. The console is not so huge that it hits me in the leg like most cars. I do not like the exterior styling on the 2012, but the 2014 is nice. Gas mileage for a large car is quite good, around 30 so far, mostly highway. The interior is kinda blah, but the leg room makes it worth it for me.

excellent car for the money

by srt259 from fall river, kansas | November 19, 2013

always been a GM guy but after looking at the 2014 impala deciede on a used one instead. the front end on the 14 is awsome but the rearend is.... well they just blew it.. so we bought a 2012 at a very good price and it was gm certified so with the car only having 11,000 miles i have 3 years and 37,000 miles of warranty.would reccomend any one looking for a impala to get a 23 or 13, they don't have headrest in back seat in middleand gives better view.