2013 Chevrolet Impala

18 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Luxury hot rod

by Bill from Racine, WI | February 7, 2015

It purrs at idle but gets up and goes when you want it to. Unbelievable that it gets 30mpg on regular and has over 300 hp. Very comfortable and fast. I drive 30 miles to work everyday and now I look forward to the drive......especially the entrance ramp. The sound system is great, there's plenty of room for the passengers, and the trunk is huge. It is a plain looking vehicle but if you just want comfortable transportation, economical, yet fun to drive......this car is it.

Excellent and dependable for the $

by Dep from Mississippi | December 23, 2014

I have a 2006 and just bought a 2013. You wouldn't know I have a knew car. Same color and body style. My 06 got me 173K miles with know trouble. Thought it would be crazy to buy something different. Very happy and satisfied with my purchase. I didn't rate it as a 5 only because I don't think anything is perfect. I highly recommend an Impala to anyone that is thinking functionally and just not want to impress the neighbors. However, design is very stylish in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all.

by Mae from South Holland, IL | August 19, 2014

We purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Impala because we wanted something newer than our 2002 Ford Taurus. We were looking for a car with leg room, dark colored, and without a lot of "bells and whistles," and Valarie Perkins found just what we were looking for, and we love it. It needed some things attended to, and Valarie and the service department took care of those speedily and we are very happy with our purchase.

a full size car that rides like a bus

by i try to obey speed limits from Fort Worth, TX | July 6, 2014

I rented one of these for the weekend to go out of town. I was surprised how it acted bigger than it actually was. The steering was numb and labored, the ride was like an ocean liner. its not a wonder a lot of rental car agencies use this car. It seems like it tries to please everyone and be everything to everyone. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad car. Just very plain vanilla and basic. Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't expect more. On a personal note, I am not a big fan of American sedans but I prefer the Dodge Charger not only for much better looks, but overall better performance, driveability and comfort.

Excellent value in a nearly new car

by Geo from Syracuse NY | March 20, 2014

In my search for a nearly new sedan the 2013 Impala was the winner! During my search I checked out several 2013 GM sedansalong with a couple foreign cars. Buicks were nice and Caddys were both $pendy. The Impala was the best value at $16k. Solid car inside and out and the v-6 has plenty of power and gets almost 30 mpg hiway. The camry and hondas I looked at ran and drove like tin cans and their buzzy 4 cyl. engines were quite noisy. Not to mention they were almost $4000 MORE than the Impala. You can't miss buying a Impala for your next family sedan.

2012 2013 impalas

by auto tester from njnj | March 8, 2014

Super performance for money..All service parts cheap great on gas 300hp for half price. awsome........

Left Brain Purchase

by Family man from Charlotte, NC | January 5, 2014

Bought the 2013 LT Fleet as a CPO, 6 months old and 17k for around $16k. Yes all the boring parts are true, it is dated, but you would be hard pressed to find more car for your used car dollar. This car has 300+ horsepower, a large trunk and gets good gas mileage (24.5 city and 31 highway in a 1000 mile trip) All the usual equipment (power seat, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, xm radio etc) makes this a great car for a family that doesn't break the bank. If you can get over the car reviews and just see the car for what it is, basic full size transportation, you won't be disappointed.

Rental Vehicle

by Waffles from Minnesota | December 18, 2013

I had this vehicle for a 5 day rental and put close to 600 miles on it, both city and freeway driving. The V6 is smooth and powerful but thirsty. I was able to get 27MPG between 55-65 but that drastically changed when bumped up to 75 MPH on the freeway. Even though the engine was only turning 1700 RPM, it dipped below 24MPG (me and a passenger, no luggage). None the less when I needed to put the pedal down it got up and ran. The ride was decent, suspension seemed confident and tight for the most part but dips in the road surface ad higher speed would make it feel slushy. I am still on the fence regarding the interior. The fit and finish was great and controls were relatively intuitive. The drivers position was well thought out, and it was easy to access all of the controls except for the buttons for the information computer in the cluster, that requires reaching forward and around the steering wheel. As much as sitting and controlling the vehicle the positioning was excellent, the fabric seats seemed hard and comfortable (I am 5' 10" 180 lbs). The vision out the rear of the vehicle to back up or say make a lane change was miserable. As a vehicle, it will get an even 3. If you looked in the encyclopedia for the definition of a car, there would be a picture of the Impala. It is decent, not great and will get you where you need to go in a relative incognito sort of way. The styling is absolutely boring and I honestly think the design of this vehicle was based directly on the 2005 Ford Taurus.

Great car for the $

by Bowtie Boy from Syracuse, NY | September 22, 2013

Bought this as a CPO through the rental buy back program. Very good deal and thrilled with the purchase.

Fun!

by debster from Bryan, Ohio | September 3, 2013

My 2nd Impala. Had a 2003-great vehicle. Wanted a v6--more and more are 4 cyl-wanted the power. Will get up and run. And it is fun to drive--downside--don't like Goodyear Eagle GT tires--but will wait for tread to wear out. Satisfied -- so far.