2013 Chevrolet Impala

18 city / 30 hwy

Overall

A+ dependable

by AZcowBoy from Tucson, AZ, USA | March 26, 2016

I had purchased a 2010 LT Impala from a nationally known car rental sales place and after putting about 100,000 trouble free miles on it, decided to return to the same dealer and trade in on a 2013. The '13 (LT Limited) had 39,000 miles on it and was used in a rental fleet - 99% highway miles -- I had the dealer swap the wheels because I had just put 90,000 mile michelin tires on the 2010 with minimal use & didn't want to lose them to the car auction. Although the tire size is different on the 13, the outside diameter is exactly the same so swap was no problem and the pressure sensors work fine as well. It has a moon roof which we like, it's quiet, we get 30 mpg on the highway due to the 6 speed transmission & dual exhaust. Power when you need it. A great, comfortable, dependable ride with a 5 yr 100,000 power train warranty that GM honors for subsequent owners.

Love this car

by rich from Lewis Center, OH | March 13, 2016

Bought this car from a Chevy dealer, it was a GM rep vehicle, only had 9k on the odometer, leather seats looked new. I know these cars are used a lot as police cars & rentals, but I love this car, as much or more than the maybe 20 cars I've owned in the past. This is an LTZ, very responsive (but expensive) tires. The V6 has more than enough power & the fuel economy is good for a larger car (averaging 23.8, mixed driving). Not a particularly handsome car, but I like the looks. Just turned 3 years old & not one issue.

Consider A Chevrolet Impala

by First Time Chevrolet Buyer from Easton, MA | October 1, 2015

2014 (but same body style of the 2013 model year) Chevrolet Impala LS Fleet 6 cyl sedan with 14k at time of purchase in June 2015. Purchased as a spare/extra family car. Although basic transportation it does have some basic creature comforts; OnStar, power driver seat, PW,PB, CC, PW, AC, power trunk release (including a logically located driver-side interior manual trunk release), intermittent wipers, rear window defroster, basic AM/FM radio, tire pressure monitors, DIC read-outs for MPG, Average miles travelled etc. and a very large trunk with light. (Oddly, there is no light in glovebox which would have been helpful.). This car has been driven solely city driving with 22/23 MPG which is not bad for such a large car by today's standards. Ride is smooth, comfortable, quiet, solid. Car is responsive and moves when there is a need. Traditional "feel" steering which coincides with the traditional solid feel of the ride. So far no mechanical problems and it has been reliable. The interior is very basic with moderately comfortable cloth seats--nothing fancy yet pleasant The dash layout is logical and the controls are user friendly and within easy reach. Gear readout is on the dash--none on the console gear shifter. Exterior styling is pleasant but not head-turning but then reliability and dependability has its advantages if you are looking for good transportation without the need to make a fashion statement. I would recommend to anyone looking for a basic, dependable pre-owned family size car to consider the Chevrolet Impala. The price point is very reasonable for what you get. Once test-driven you may be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Great Car for College Students

by John from Knoxville, TN | August 23, 2015

I am a 19 year old college student. Even though it may be seen as an old man car and not very sporty, it is great on the interstate and the huge trunk is great for hauling around my stuff. I also have back problems and it is super comfortable in the Impala, and there is plenty of room for five adult passengers. It does have a bit of turning radius so if you're not good at parking/handling, it will be a little frustrating. Overall, it is a great car and a great value as these Impalas usually have low resale values with the new generation available.

Fantastic car

by Mr Mac Dre from Salt Lake City | July 14, 2015

I travel a lot so I rent a lot of cars; most are fine. Two years ago, I rented a 2013 Impala and was very impressed with the horsepower, the quietness, the comfort, and the handling. A year later I decided to dump my old ride and get an Impala. I've owned all kinds of Toyotas and one Honda over the years; this car destroys them in all ways.

Luxury hot rod

by Bill from Racine, WI | February 7, 2015

It purrs at idle but gets up and goes when you want it to. Unbelievable that it gets 30mpg on regular and has over 300 hp. Very comfortable and fast. I drive 30 miles to work everyday and now I look forward to the drive......especially the entrance ramp. The sound system is great, there's plenty of room for the passengers, and the trunk is huge. It is a plain looking vehicle but if you just want comfortable transportation, economical, yet fun to drive......this car is it.

Excellent and dependable for the $

by Dep from Mississippi | December 23, 2014

I have a 2006 and just bought a 2013. You wouldn't know I have a knew car. Same color and body style. My 06 got me 173K miles with know trouble. Thought it would be crazy to buy something different. Very happy and satisfied with my purchase. I didn't rate it as a 5 only because I don't think anything is perfect. I highly recommend an Impala to anyone that is thinking functionally and just not want to impress the neighbors. However, design is very stylish in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all.

by Mae from South Holland, IL | August 19, 2014

We purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Impala because we wanted something newer than our 2002 Ford Taurus. We were looking for a car with leg room, dark colored, and without a lot of "bells and whistles," and Valarie Perkins found just what we were looking for, and we love it. It needed some things attended to, and Valarie and the service department took care of those speedily and we are very happy with our purchase.

a full size car that rides like a bus

by i try to obey speed limits from Fort Worth, TX | July 6, 2014

I rented one of these for the weekend to go out of town. I was surprised how it acted bigger than it actually was. The steering was numb and labored, the ride was like an ocean liner. its not a wonder a lot of rental car agencies use this car. It seems like it tries to please everyone and be everything to everyone. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad car. Just very plain vanilla and basic. Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't expect more. On a personal note, I am not a big fan of American sedans but I prefer the Dodge Charger not only for much better looks, but overall better performance, driveability and comfort.

Excellent value in a nearly new car

by Geo from Syracuse NY | March 20, 2014

In my search for a nearly new sedan the 2013 Impala was the winner! During my search I checked out several 2013 GM sedansalong with a couple foreign cars. Buicks were nice and Caddys were both $pendy. The Impala was the best value at $16k. Solid car inside and out and the v-6 has plenty of power and gets almost 30 mpg hiway. The camry and hondas I looked at ran and drove like tin cans and their buzzy 4 cyl. engines were quite noisy. Not to mention they were almost $4000 MORE than the Impala. You can't miss buying a Impala for your next family sedan.