2015 Chevrolet Impala

Starting MSRP

Overall

Love my 5th Impala

by maximus from Caledonia NY | June 23, 2015

I have only had this car for a month and love it. It really attracts interest from people who see it. The only problem I have is that the storage bin under the truck floor gets water condensation when the car is driven and you can not store anything that you do not want to get wet.

Finest Car I've Owned

by Midwest Guy from Wisconsin | June 13, 2015

Have had my 2015 Impala LTZ for 5 months. Styling inside and out are excellent. V6 power very responsive and more than adequate. Has to be one the quietest interiors on the road at highway speeds. Braking very smooth. Leg room fantastic and trunk space wonderful (even more so with rear seats folded flat). I am 6'0" and with driver's seat set comfortably for me I can sit in the rear and cross my legs. On one 800 mile trip including interstate, city stop and go and some idling I got 28+ mpg overall. When people report low mileage they must be driving way too fast and accelerating and braking way too hard. MyLink works fine for me. Perhaps the most satisfying thing is the rock solid feel of the car. Very pleased.

feels good so far

by love your impala from Missouri | May 31, 2015

Just bought this car a month ago. Everything feels good so far. Comfortable, feels solid, drives smooth. The back up mirror isn't the clearest, but it does the job for me. All the other features work as expected.

impressive impala

by new impala owner from Shelbyville, Ky | May 28, 2015

Always wanted to have an Impala and finally got it. Great reputation, great car.GM working hard to satisfy people

Not happy

by nonen from Cortland Ohio | April 22, 2015

Head lights fog up and water gets in. 4 g hot spot very slow. Gm knows about lite problem but won't do anything about it.

Praise for the Impala Redesign

by JC from Houston, TX | March 24, 2015

Pros Continued from the 2014 model, the Impala's redesign continues to turn heads, literally. I noticed a couple personally. I've seen only a handful on the road so far which could it explain the longer than normal looks. It definitely stands out from the thousands of older model Impalas you see every day. The car is huge - inside and out. I was coming from a mid-size so I already knew what I was getting into and the reason why I went with the Impala because I wanted a bigger car but not just bigger in form alone. The Impala carries the weight well with the 305 HP, V6 engine. The inside cabin is roomy and spacious and you could easily fit a smart car in the trunk. The revamped interior is also great but not as awe-inspiring as the exterior. Think classic but modern. Classic in the sense that Chevy avoided all the excess buttons and clutter and kept it fairly simple with and traditional, which I actually appreciate. I prefer the classic knobs to control temp and volume where many manufacturers are shifting to touchscreen everywhere. Modern in the sense that the option is still available with the steering wheel panel (front and back) and the 8" screen that handles everything outside of climate control. I also can appreciate the "baseball glove" like faux leather dash and seats. Road noise is minimal to non existent and the ride is luxury smooth. Two things I was surprised of when it came to the Impala. For the engine to pack such punch, sometimes I can barely tell if the car is even on. Oh but when I'm looking to kick back and enjoy the ride, the muffled growl of the V6 gives you just enough volume to let you know she's not playing games. It's this ratio of comfort to performance that I just didn't see in the Accord, Avalon, or Charger. Cons My only con would of course be the lackluster gas mileage with the V6 option. I went with the V6 so obviously it's not that big a deal for me but if you're used to the 30+ mpg you get in your midsizes and economy cars, you have been warned. Combined, I'm getting about 25mpg and that's with what I consider to be "driving economically." That's no rushing, speed limit conscious and overall laid back trip with moderate to heavy traffic. On the days where I have a slightly heavier foot, I'm looking at 22-23mpg. Overall, it's an excellent car that I hope to keep around until the wheels fall off.

A few hits, a lot of misses. LT2

by Always renting cars from Rochester MN | March 19, 2015

I would like to say first of all I do like the redesign, the previous model was painfully boring to look at. It is sharp, bold and gives the car some identity. A good portion of Chevy vehicles seem to look good until you get to the rear of the car and then it feel like they just threw something together. There were a few design cues that I was not particularly fond of but over all the cars exterior design looks well thought out from front to back. This is a large car at nearly 17 feet (201") it is only 3 inches shorter than the Chevy Tahoe and feels every bit of it when trying to navigate city streets. I was in Florida and driving in old town St. Augustine was a little un comforting not being able to feel the dimensions of the vehicle. The interior was very comfortable and had all the gadgets that modern day cars have. As all the dials, buttons and knobs were well labeled have a nice feel to them and well laid out. Some of the functions/menus on the steering wheel controls are not intuitive and I would advise getting familiar with them before you head on down the road. The interior plastics and faux leather felt decent but the interior was far too busy for my tastes. The dash has four different textures made of three different materials, some shiny others not. The styling cue that follows the door sill, swoops around the front making a peninsula at the center reminds me of the dashboard protectors you can find at an auto parts store. With all the nooks and crannies, just thinking about cleaning and detailing the interior being a project. Remember how I said it was a large car? Well it is. The trunk is huge, you could easily fit a Chevy Sonic in it. The problem with that is the interior space is not much larger than a VW Passat (standard, not CC model) and smaller than in some dimensions. I am not saying the interior is cramped by any means, it is very spacious and comfortable quiet and feels really well built. I think Chevy could have taken a little space from the trunk and put it in the passenger cabin. A big irritant of mine toward Chevy/GM is the poor visibility out of the rear of the car. The high rear deck, large C-pillars and the fishbowl like rear window makes vision terrible. A rear camera should not be a necessity to pull out of a parking spot. Changing lanes should be signal, check your mirrors, look and go. Subtract the look and add pray is not in the DOT driving manual. Chevy is not the only manufacturer to incorporate this design, but the trend needs to stop. I had the LT2 model with the V-6 and less than 700 miles on it. The ride was comfortable, smooth and the suspension was well tuned for both highway and city road imperfections. I was really impressed with how responsive and powerful the engine was, dually with hitting and surpassing the estimated MPG rating of 31 (@~75MPH) on the freeway. I am sure if you have a heavier foot that number would be unobtainable but I always like to see the numbers in a realistic manner especially since I have driven the previous model (2013) and the highway estimates were completely unrealistic on that car. I do not understand why Chevy made a 4 banger version of this vehicle (yes I know economy and tree hugging standards). My company has a few of them for our sales people and they are nothing short of disappointed with the lack of power and ride quality. Save face Chevy and kill the 4 cylinder version and keep tweaking a good start. Overall it is a good vehicle from interstate travel. Chevy has made leaps and bounds with this model vs previous but there is a lot of room for improvement. They have the engine, suspension, transmission and FINALLY comfortable seats with some styling.

What's it going to cost me?

by dicky dick from | February 17, 2015

sales people are too reluctant to offer spaciic prices... presumably rafraid you'll use the info to bargain against them.

Confy, Quick, and WOW factor

by Big Car Fan from Houston, Texas | February 16, 2015

I've only had my 2015 Impala LTZ for a short time, but I am very impressed with the overall package that Chevrolet has developed. First, the exterior styling has WOW factor: It's dramatic, and has a very aggressive presence. I regularly receive enthusiastic comments and compliments from strangers. Secondly, the interior has a distinctive style, with a variety of attractive, supple finishes and elegant textures. The gentle blue ambient interior night lighting is a very pleasant touch. The heated & ventilated front seats are large, comfy, and for me - they do not induce any fatigue. The car is also quick, and it handles much better than you might expect. The interior is relatively quiet, but there's just enough baritone exhaust note to remind you (and passers-by) that you're rolling with a V6. I'm also surprised by how stiff the structure is. - The body feels solid, with no "flex creaks" when traveling over bad roads.