1997 Chevrolet Lumina

20 city / 29.1 hwy

Overall

Great car

by Car enthusiast from | January 17, 2014

Got mine with 224k on it had for about 8 months only had to replace spark pugs on it and i slid into a curb havent done any repairs to it now its got about 250k on it still running like a champ even after all the off roading driving through puddles and going through water that went up to the windows ive put through things a little s10or ranger could only dream of going through never got stuck once and still running great

Faithful old steed

by Careful from | December 16, 2013

I got a 97 Lumina with the 3.1 V6 with 165K miles on it, now up to 281K miles! Biggest thing to watch out for is the lower intake manifold gasket leaking. It's a well know fault. Besides that, nothing big (gas tank, widow controls, water pump, time chain cover gasket). Finally rusting to death after 15 years, but it's running great right to the end! I'll shed a tear when I get rid of it!

Junk, piece of junk

by LIL'JON from Penna. | April 2, 2012

bought 2 months ago with warrenty, been in shop 5 times with warrenty no help...complete junk 4sale.

One of the best cars I had

by 2kidsinator from Shawnee,OK | February 5, 2012

I had this car for three years!It did not boom out on me.I just wanted something different because I drove it everyday.

1997 Chevy Lumina LS

by Eric from | August 24, 2011

Purchased this car used 10 years ago. It has just under 160,000 miles on her. It is extremely comfortable with lots of front and rear leg room. I take it everywhere, including camping in the mountains along dirt roads. It has been rear ended twice and still going strong. Still drives straight and true. Great performance, great acceleration and gas milage. I get from 29 to 33 miles per gallon highway depending on speed and condtions. I have replaced the serpintine belt, starter and water pump. Other "consumable" items I have replaced include Spark plugs, Spark plug wires, transmission fliud and filter, coolant, battery, tires, fuel filter, head lights, brake lights and other exterior lamps.

What a trooper - GREAT car!

by ColorfulAries from Cincinnati, OH | July 12, 2011

I've had Chevy's my whole life, and this one is the most reliable I have ever owned. I bought it at an auction (it was a company car for a local company) and it had 92,000 miles on it. That was 8 years ago. I still own it and drive it EVERY DAY and it has around 168,000 miles on it now...and showing NO signs of slowing down. I've replaced the very basic wear and tear items (alternator, tires, battery) and the most expensive thing I had to do was replace the catalytic converter. Good on gas, starts right up every time, even in winter, good in the snow, comfortable ride...the only downside to this car is the paint job. It is white and the paint started peeling off 4 years ago. I had it repainted and it's happening AGAIN! I'm guessing its something in the primer that is not letting the paint adhere properly. Other than that, I bet this old girl has another 100k miles in her, easy.

old faithful!

by bri from maryland | June 18, 2011

LOVE MY OL FAITH.! its the most reliable car among all my family and friends. It's old and falling apart but she's still running and won't give out..I'm NOT complaining but its my 1st and only car and I'd like to see myself in a new one soon. Not until this one gives out tho. I got this car at 69,000 miles. my grandmother gave it to me, she bought it new. Alternator, gas pump, water pump, and wheel bearings are the only things that's been replaced..thus far

its a good car but could be better

by eddie from calhoun,georgia | September 30, 2009

the only really bad thing about the car is the handling i mean don't get me wrong i love the performance.it has the power when you need it.

Unrelenting transportation

by Luminator from Minnesota | April 2, 2008

Love this car. 220K and no signs of dieing at all. I have owned this car for nearly 100K of the miles that are on it and have done nothing but regular maintnence and beat on it. The suspension on the LS model is great after some of the shotty factory strut mounts and shocks are replaced. Corners amazingly flat and I actaully have a video of it catching 8-10 inches of air without bottoming out... Starts in -40 zero Minnesota mornings on the first try, and will go through bowtie high drifts with good tires. Only complaints are it chews through tires amazingly fast with aggressive driving and 3 of the 4 drivers seat supports are broken that needs to be replaced. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Great Car

by GM4Ever from San Diego, CA | June 2, 2007

We had the car for 9 years. Gas, Oil, Filters, Tires, Brakes. 167,000 miles and still running strong. I want a new car (but not the payments), but this Chevy just won't die. So I guess l'll have keep driving it.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Lumina