1998 Chevrolet Lumina

20 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Best car ever

by Blue Lady from Texas | December 30, 2013

This is my second lumina. I bought a 95 new and drove it for over 100K miles until someone turned left in front into it. I added leather seats to both luminas I have had. My current one I bought used after having tried a new malibu to replacee the 95 lumina. The malibu wasn't as comfortable to me as the lumina is. Since they no longer made new luminas, I bought this car with about 10K miles on it. I now have over 150K and still love its perfomance, appearance, and comfort. I service it regularly and get about 28 MPG. Hope I can find something I like this well if this one ever dies on me.

Reliable with the Fuel Efficiency of a Small Car

by highwayCommuter from Twin Cities, MN | February 25, 2012

I bought this car from my aunt in 2005 with 181K (sales rep miles) and I drove it for the next 120K. It's always started (except when I needed to replace the starter) and has needed little repair over the past 7 years. It had GREAT fuel economy for such a roomy car - consistently got 28mpg. Made it to 300k and then died about 3k later when the intake valve failed. Wasn't worth the $500 or so for me to fix but if not for that I'd still be driving it and I'm not sure that it won't be back on road once the salvage guys are done. In fact am considering buying another one!

loved my car---

by randy from ct | September 2, 2011

very reliable vech.nice and roomy fun to drive good on gas--low repair cost a lot of car for the money

The best car hands down for the money

by PonyFeathers from New Jersey | July 5, 2008

I had a 95 lumina that had 157k miles when i got it. she ran wonderful up till about 220k then she overheated (my fault for not replacing the ratiator sooner) and sadly "lucy" was no more. i loved that car so much i bought another lumina,"lola" a 98 with only 108k. they are all around fantastic cars. they are comfortable and very very reliable. they are cheap to fix to. I would highly reccomend someone buyin this car. its a shame chevy dosent make it anymore

Very reliable 3800 II engine

by LeSabotuer from Atlanta, Georgia | August 11, 2006

I bought this car used and I am the second owner, and it was taken care of well. I love this LTZ model, it comes with the 3.8L engine which is tried and true, with 200HP and sportier suspension, tires and wheels. Love the 4 wheel disc, traction control and ABS! I never liked the steering feel in the base model and this models steering feel is just a little better, but not much. The instrumentation is well layed out and could have used more cup holders and cubby holes, overall I love mine. It's very comfortable to drive around town, but excels on the hwy, passing crusing and chillin'. Gas MPG in the city isn't great(18 mpg), but hwy cruising is better @ about 29-31 Hwy MPG

Likes

by Ryan from Rochester NH | July 31, 2006

I like it because A)it is good on gas (economical) B)it has great handiling C)easy to maintain D)Comfortable E)great handiling F)mine is second hand and i only paid 600$ for mine and i bought it in 2006 it is a 98' there have been no real repairs except for basics (breaks, oil change etc.) it runs smooth and still has maintained great fuel efficeny. All the features are easy to get to and work good the only disadvantage with the base model is no inside trunk release.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Lumina