2001 Chevrolet Lumina

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Great!

by jack from Chicago, IL | July 31, 2013

A great car! Works great for whatever you want it for! The interior is good and the guages and controls are simple to use for anybody. Reasonably reliable and it has more than enough performance for your average person. It has never let us down and has always pulled thru in the end. It couldn't be better for the value and it's a good purchase.

Darned reliable

by Paul from Kalamazoo, MI | January 1, 2011

This car was purchased for me at an auction after a divorce where she got the car. I never wanted anything this big, but that's what happens when you set Dad loose with only $5,000 to purchase a vehicle. 75,000 trouble-free miles later I have no complaints. The only thing I had to replace was the starter at 135,000 miles. Anything else was routine maintenance. Everything else worked when I gave it to my nephew for his 16th birthday and he is still driving it. The car is a little lumbering around corners, but this is a family sedan, not a sports car. The 3.1 has plenty of getup and go, and gets good mileage although it seems to really prefer midgrade gas for the highway - I got about 6 mpg better with it! (I know, it's not supposed to work that way, but it does. I've proved it over and over when I got midgrade at the station that sells regular and midgrade for the same price). The car is roomy, the controls make sense and are clearly marked, and the ride is smooth. Maintenance is super easy with everything under the hood clearly marked and easy to reach. My only other complaint is that it is a little on the loud side, but heavy floor mats quieted it down to an acceptable level. I would recommend a Lumina to anyone wanting a roomy, comfortable, reliable vehicle that gets decent mileage and has decent performance.

Lumina - Guess why they don't make it anymore!

by Wildbill from nc | January 4, 2009

Outstanding vehicle. I got mine as a gift from a friend who thought I needed another vehicle. It had 136,000 miles when I got it and 301,000 when I donated it to a charity. It started first turn and all accessories still worked! Aside from the cracked windscreen and being butt ugly, there wasn't anything wrong with the ride, it'd get you there and back!I shopping for another one and will drive this one till she quits!!!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Lumina