2002 Chevrolet Malibu

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great car

by malibu owner from Lubbick | August 7, 2013

We have a 2002 Malibu with 290,000 MILES on it. Bought it for $9,000 back in 2003, ten years later it is still going. We put about $2,000 in repairs over the past 10 years. Super Value!

Great First Car!

by Malibu182 from Los Angeles, CA | October 31, 2011

This Malibu is the first car I've ever owned, and I can tell it will last me a long time. Partly because I bought it with <60,000 miles on it, and partly because it is just about flawless. The gas mileage could be a bit better, so far I've gotten around 18-19 mpg city, and the acceleration from a stop isn't the best, rather poor, actually. But everything, literally, everything else about this car is fantastic. Of the reviews I've read, owners either love their car or hate it.. and I am one of the ones who loves their Malibu. So I, for one, recommend it.

I like it!

by Spike from Cannon Beach, OR | December 4, 2010

This car is great car to drive when you are in a hurry on the highway. When you are in a complete stop on a stoplight and it turns green, you are able to go to the speed limit pretty quickly. I love my Malibu! Its a great car to have!

A Great Car

by Car Guy from Modesto ca. | September 30, 2010

I bought my 2002 Malibu used with 23000 miles. I drove it for 7yrs. till I had the lower intake gkt. leak coolant @160000 miles. I have had no other concerns. My car now has 175000 miles.It is still a GREAT CAR. And recommend to friends and family.

Be careful

by Hate_Malibus from Kalamazoo, MI | June 5, 2010

Be careful if you buy this car. I bought this used in 2004 from a dealership and have spent over $3000 to keep it running. The head gasket and lower intake manifold gasket just went. I have given up on fixing it - again. I have replaced the fuel filter, the entire gas line, the ABS (twice), the entire brake line, and multiple other things. This is, without a doubt, the worst car I have ever owned. If I had only paid a few hundred dollars for it, ok, but what I spent for it - I should be driving gold.

The Most Reliable Car Ever!

by Malibu Lover from Chicago, IL | August 27, 2009

I bought my 2002 Malibu at 37,000. Over a period of 6 years I have had only one major problem: catalytic converter replacement after 4 years. Also there was a recall on the 2002 Malibus for the turning signals and I got it fixed at a GM dealership in a few hours. This car is a very dependable car if you take care of it properly. The engine is strong and the interior is durable. After a thorough car wash and detail it's practically brand new! It's a great car for those who have to drive a lot.

My last Chevy!

by Malibu owner from Las Vegas, Nevada | August 28, 2008

I like the car in every way except for reliability. The car was good until 30,000 miles. At that time it needed and intake gasket (a little soon for an engine gasket!) It was good for another 10,000 miles. At that time I needed to have the ignition re keyed for the theft system. Soon after that It need front end work. At 40,000 miles the transmission needed an overhaul. I took the best care of this car since I bought it. things just seem to go wrong way too soon. I now have 42,000 miles on the car and I am getting rid of it!

honda civic

by no more GM from canada | January 9, 2008

110,000 km car is falling apart wheel bearing being replaced about every 20000 km gasket leaks brakes alway sworn front end bushing gone on and on fallin gapart

alot of headaches

by disappointed driver from Philadelphia Pa | November 26, 2007

I have been having a ton of problems with this car.......Current problem, intake manifest needing to be replaced...apparently very common for this year and model.......very disappointing!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Haseo from Spokane, Wa | November 2, 2007

THis car is the is the best car I ever had. I will always drive this car everywhere I go untill it falls apart.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Malibu