2003 Chevrolet Malibu

20 city / 29 hwy

Overall

dependable

by dory from Middletown, nj | July 29, 2013

Malibu is a dependable vehicle with few repair history issues. I'm using this vehicle to commute back and forth to work. I previously was driving a Lincoln Navigator. My gas bill has been reduced by 50%.

Satified Customer

by FAMCO from Irvington, NJ | February 25, 2013

I writing this review in appreciation to Big T's auto sale. Thank you for your enthusiasm and service. I can't thank you enough. I am very satified in this car and happy to have found your dealership at cars.com. I would not want you to interpret my tardiness in writing this review as a reflecdtion of a lack of gratitude on my part. The service you provided was of great help to me. Please do not hesitate to call or write if I can be of some assistance to you. DG

Great Value

by informed consumer from Chicago, IL | November 3, 2012

I bought this car new over 9 years ago and continue to be pleased with it's value and performance now at 110,00 miles. I faithfully have had preventative maintenance done to the car and only have had trouble with the fuel pump and anti-lock brake wiring. The car has never been garaged and the paint still looks great (I do wax it a couple of times a year) but is showing rust bubbles around the gas filler which I notice on other similar vintage malibus. Gas mileage is what I expect for a V-6 4-speed automatic (22 mpg mostly city driving and 28 mpg on the highway). I have had no engine, transmission, or suspension issues with the car. Rear seat room is much better than other mid-size cars I've owned. It handles well in snowy conditions. The windshield wipers are hard to clean when they freeze up with ice as you have to lift to hood up to fully access them. In winter the hood release freezes up at times also. Maybe the right lubricant would fix that. Heat and AC work well. It is a comfortable car even on long highway trips. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one that has been properly maintained.

Great Car

by Ba1994 from Greece ny | April 17, 2012

I recently bought a 2003 Malibu from a local dealer the car is great only had 87,000 miles on it now and yet it still runs and drives like its brand new also not a spec of rust on it the body is great also a very reliable car mechanically I haven't had any problems so far I like the 3.1 v6 it has plenty of get up and go and horsepower when you want to pass someone really quick Overall I give this car a 4.5 out of 5 and would recommend buying one for yourself.

Gets you from point A to point B

by justadriver from Chicago, IL | March 30, 2011

Although this car has been around for almost 10 years, it has not deteriorated the way my previous vehicle did. For the size of the car, it sure feels spacious whethere you are in the front or the back or need to store items in the trunk. I also like where the cup holders are located inside the car. I like the gear change in the center.

Love My Malibu LS 2003

by Bunny10 from Cincinnati, Ohio | October 12, 2010

This car has everything I wanted and more. It performs great plus a good-looking cars also. I would buy another one.

itz ok

by girly thug from jacksonville.fl | July 12, 2010

i have an 203 malibu it has a few electric problems the intakes goes bad on dese cars and get hot but dey are ok once u take care the problem as soon u notice it

Buy American?

by kenlll from San Jose | August 25, 2009

My Chevy has been very dependable except for a gasket that cost me $500. I bought it new and have had it for 6 years. The gasket is the # 1 problem issue with this car says my mechanic and what I have seen online. It has been highly reliable minus this one issue. It does not handle as well as the comparable accord but costs a few thousand less, but still does handle well. It's styling is adequate with the newer 2004 model being a very nice upgrade. Certainly better then many other American made cars and a REAL value, or should I say maybe the BEST value when you are buying a 4-6 year old used vehicle.

Best riding car I have ever owned

by Average Joe from Cincinnati, Ohio | March 29, 2009

Bought my 2003 Chevy Malibu from a lease. The power from the V-6 engine is great. Great Handling. Have driven this car across the country several times - with absolutely no problems. I can understand how this car was voted best car of the year recently. I think Malibu is the best car GM makes. (I also had a Chevy Lumina that was really good as well).

Last American Car I'll Ever Own

by Disappointed Malibu Owner from Dallas, TX | March 8, 2009

We've owned the Chevy Malibu since February 2003. It's never failed to disappoint. The air conditioner has been repaired five times in six years (each time because it won't stay in the recirculate - colder - mode for more than a few minutes). Might not be an issue in Fargo, but August in Dallas makes a cold a/c a necessity, not an option. A final repair occurred last year that seems to have finally resolved it, and GM (or our dealer) paid for it out of warranty, but it should have never gotten to that point to begin with. It's an ongoing, known issue (Google Malibu a/c problem for some ideas). Before you consider buying this hunk of junk, Google "Malibu coolant leak" to read the warnings around the GM-mandated coolant and problems they have. This car has convinced me to never buy Chevy again.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Malibu