2005 Chevrolet Malibu

Available in 3 styles:  2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Malibu 2005

by cgo from Olympia, WA | October 1, 2013

First off, I wish I had gotten the car in something other than gray. Nobody on the road sees a gray car! I purchased the 2005 Malibu in 2010 from a dealership. The car originated in Hawaii and I think that 'added' to the wiring problems (door locks, windows, mirrors, alarm, clicking in steering column). The front end needed repairs (stabilization bar, joints, bearing). I just replaced the shocks and blown struts, which seems too soon. In 8 years, I have put 5k in repairs and scheduled maintenance; plus more money for tune-ups, oil & fluids. The car has all weather tires, making the road noise louder throughout the interior. Note: severe side winds will move the car in the other lane- it's not a full size car. The front seats can be adjusted to a fairly upright position making it comfortable for my back. The passenger seat broke when i gave a ride to someone around 300 lbs. The seats stain easily, even from just rain. Six months ago I replaced the gas cap. Really? things don't last. The emergency break doesn't work properly, even though it's been repaired. One nice feature is, the car has room inside and the trunk is a good size. With 4 people, it did well on a road trip from Olympia, WA to Calif. Love the 6 cyl! Heater and air-conditioner are great. Even though the upkeep has been costly, it has been reliable and safe.

very satisfied so far

by mr.ed from elk river ,mn. | May 20, 2013

very comfortable ride and handling.very good power and gas mileage.alot of amenities with this car.(would rate the features with this car 5 stars)has been reliable and a good buy for me.my wife is alot smaller than me and she would rate this car 5 stars.cons for me; cloth interiors stain to easy,center console lid very cheesy,a little tight on seating.But over all we have enjoyed the car very much

Great small family car

by Jeff from Detroit, mi | December 12, 2012

It's great step up from the neon we had. Fits child seat comfortable. Driver seat goes back for plenty of leg room for a 6'5 person.

LOVE MY MALIBU

by Bu Owner from columbus, oh | May 30, 2012

This, by far, has been the best car I've owned! Can drive all day and never get tired. Great features, all controls are easy to reach. Interior is very comfortable, even my 6'3" hubby enjoys driving it!

Love this car!

by Judi from Las Cruces, NM | March 31, 2012

I just bought this car from ? & I love it. Only had it for 4 days, though. It's got a great size trunk, the radio is wonderful..haven't tried the CD player yet. Tires are like new & it's so easy to drive.

ok

by fulasheet from tpa | December 15, 2011

4 cyl eng runs good, plenty of power with 1-2 people problems occur with switch logic circuit boards, window sw assy drivers side, sw's for all windows, $95 to replace. a/c switch module assy had been replaced under warrantee. now turn signal sw circ board intermittanly fails about $120 for that part. later models have more reliable circuits

fastest best handling car I have ever owned

by sports car enthusiast from East Smethport,Pa | May 19, 2011

The computer tells you everything you need to know about gas and oil life and 2 trip odometers make sure you can compute your milage correctly. The faux beige convertible top makes a nice unusual touch along with the ruby red bottom.

Awesome car

by Malibu293614 from Florida | December 8, 2010

The price i got for this car was really good. got for $4,200. i had it for 5 months and it hasnt let me down. Im glad i got this car.

I absolutely LOVE my Mali-Blue!

by Mali-blue driver from South Dakota | August 12, 2010

I was not a car-lover when I bought my Malibu, having driven 4 wheel drive vehicles for years. But with rising gas prices, it was more economical to park my gas guzzling SUV and look for a decent car. After several weeks of car shopping and test driving too-small and uncomfortable imports, I hopped into the Malibu and was immediately convinced that it was the car for me; it just clicked. I have been driving my 2005 Malibu for 4 years now and still love it as much as the day I bought it. It has the 4-cylinder engine, which makes decent gas mileage and has the pep needed to get going in traffic and pass up the slow lane. On a recent 1200 mile trip, it was making 50mpg at one point! Overall it makes between 32 and 38 on the highway, and I have noticed that paying for premium gas is definitely worth it in this car as it adds to the mpg. It is very comfortable to drive, handles great, and is very reliable. Nothing on this car in 4 years and 45,000 miles except tires, and regular maintenance, which adds immensely to the cost savings of driving a Malibu. The interior is comfortable and roomy enough for a tall person such as myself, even with the seat raised to it's highest position. The only thing I would change about this car is adding more storage space for cell phone, or other small items. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable, comfortable car without paying an arm and a leg. My next car will definitely be another Malibu!

Great Car

by Car Enthusiast from | July 13, 2010

Where to start. These cars are great. The ride is so smooth. It handles smoothly. All of the features make the car what it is. It would be great for families, daily drivers, or any situation.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Malibu