2006 Chevrolet Malibu

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

155K miles, 35mpg with Michelin Tires-AWESOME!

by Pizzellemaker from Detroit | February 8, 2014

Best car I have ever owned! Road noise, performance and responsiveness is MUCH improved with Michelin Tires...Goodyear/ Bridgestone tires were a BIG mistake GM!! This car will go 300K no doubt...I have only had to change the oil regularly, change the brakes every 50K, major maintenance every 50K after 100K...we are good to go!! VERY comfortable back seat keeps passengers as comfortable as those in the front...very comfortable cabin space! This car goes has EXCELLENT accelleration performance (even going uphill in the mountains).

Love it so much I bought it twice!

by Chevygirl from Indiana | March 12, 2013

I absolutely ADORE my 2006 Malibu. I had one once before, but someone mixed antifreeze in the wrong part under the hood and caused a head gasket issue, so not Chevy's fault. Before that, it had 166k on it and rolled like a champ.After that, I bought the one I drive now, which is great too. Fast, great on gas, even when the gas prices go up I have no problem getting a half tank with like 15 dollars. No one talks about this much, but these cars have an awesome factory sound system. It sounds great! I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!

Will always be a chevy person

by Jacob from North Alabama. | January 9, 2013

I've put 155k miles on my 2006 Malibu and the only thing I've had to do to it was replace the struts. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would recommend this car to anyone!

malibu thoughts

by grandma's review from Ohio | December 8, 2011

Overall it has been a good car - very good gas mileage - no troubles other than I feel I had to replace the brakes too many times. I am not hard on a car, but, since owning this in the six years from buying it new I have had to replace brakes 3 times. In my opinion this is a weakness with the malibu (or maybe chevys period)

Love my Malibu

by Big Blue from New Jersey | November 1, 2011

I am very happy with my purchase, the car is comfortable and reliable, has power and looks good. I would definately buy another Chevy my favorite brand, nothing like American engineering.

Not a bad used car

by Malibu Owner from Ceredo, WV | August 20, 2011

I bought my 2006 Malibu used in 2009. The car has been very reliable since I bought it. It has a peppy four cylinder engine that allows me to quickly pass cars. However, the interior quality is on the cheap side, and the fuel level sensor has gone bad which leaves the fuel gauge useless. The sensor problem is supposedly typical for 04-06 Malibus.

RDRUNNER

by RDRUNNER from LEONARDSVILLE NY | March 28, 2011

I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR,I BOUGHT THIS CAR SIGHT UNSEEN,NO TEST DRIVE,JUST A PIC ON THE PC,NO REGRETS

Safe, Reliable, Great Car

by Randy from Bismarck, ND | December 20, 2010

It's been an excellent car overall. Have 58K miles right now and the only problem I've ever had is some exhaust gasket that needed to be replaced for $50 (which included labor). This is actually my second Malibu. - had an '04 that was totalled before my '06. Both cars were identical, except the look of the steering wheel. I feel very safe in my Malibu after personally experiencing it during a serious crash that totaled my '04. I was hit from the rear and passenger side, but barely even felt the impacts. It does have kinda bland styling, especially the exterior, but it's not ugly either. It handles very well, even during North Dakota winters. The 3.5L V6 has more than enough power for merging and passing and gets as good of gas mileage as many 4 cylinders do. It has many features that weren't so common back then, like an oil life monitor, average fuel economy, exterior temperature display, etc. I also love the TAPShift manual shifting ability. I use it a lot during winter to downshift when going downhill and turning corners. The factory stereo is one of the best I've ever heard for a family sedan - although the rear speakers aren't the greatest. They sound a bit "spongy". I find that the smaller front door speakers actually have better sound. I do wish it has an Aux input jack, and replacing the factory stereo isn't cheap if you want to keep the DIC - which is used through the stereo. Just a side note... most of the bad reviews I've read are about the Maxx. Not sure why there'd be that big of a difference, but it is something I've noticed. I can't give it a perfect 5-star rating because no car is perfect, but it's definitely close.

Best Car ever owned

by Hockey Nut from Tampa, FL | November 29, 2010

I bought this with a real bad prior Kia experience and expected very low everthing. I got very high everthing...120K miles, 35 MPG at 75 MPH and no problems. None. Seven oils chnages, three sets of tires, no Problems. Incredible value for the money. I am buying a new one in the spring when this is paid off. BTW I am keeping it.

greaaaattt

by jazzy from mi | August 3, 2010

Love it! Great on gas and very comfy! Can't wait to drive it in the winter time. I would recomment this car to anyone

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Malibu