Available in LS, LT and top-of-the-line LTZ trims, the five-seat Malibu continues with a few upgrades, as it was redesigned for 2008. Competitors of this midsize sedan include the Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry.
New for 2010
The 2.4-liter four-cylinder is now a flex-fuel engine and the 3.5-liter V-6 engine is dropped for 2010.
A glass sunroof is optional. At 70.3 inches wide and 57.1 inches tall, the Malibu is the narrowest and shortest of all its competition. At 191.8 inches, however, it's longer than the Fusion, Altima, Camry but shorter than the Accord.
- Standard 17-inch wheels on LS and LT
- Standard 18-inch wheels on LTZ
- V-6 model has dual chrome exhaust outlets
A variety of two-tone interior themes are available as a means of accenting the dash, center stack, door trim and seats. The instruments have blue backlighting, and a 110-volt power outlet is available for LT and LTZ Malibus. There?s also an optional upgrade to a premium 210-watt, eight-speaker system.
- Laminated glass to reduce cabin noise
- Metallic accents
- Standard XM Satellite Radio (subscription sold separately)
- Bluetooth phone capability with OnStar 8.0
- 60/40-split folding rear seat in all models
Under the Hood
Engine options include a four-cylinder or V-6, both of which use variable valve timing to optimize performance and fuel efficiency. The Malibu's base four-cylinder teams with a four-speed automatic transmission in LS and LT trim levels, or drives a six-speed automatic in the LT and LTZ. Buyers get a significant horsepower gain by stepping up to the optional V-6, which always drives a six-speed automatic.
- 169-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder with 158 pounds-feet of torque when running on gas; 175 hp and 170 pounds-feet of torque on E85
- 252-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 with 251 pounds-feet of torque
- Variable electric power-assist steering standard
Stability control with brake assist is standard on all Malibu models. OnStar 8.0, which is now standard, features advanced automatic crash notification, remote diagnostics, a monthly status report and Turn-by-Turn Navigation.
- Standard side curtain and side-impact airbags
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range