2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Love It, PERIOD

by Beyond Happy from Springfield, MA | June 30, 2015

From the moment I saw this car I was attracted to it. I got it in RED. The color is beautiful and even better than the color is the handling and the room it has. I am the mother of 2 boys and they absolutely love this car and the room it has. I already took my first road trip which was more than 1,600 miles round trip and she did not let me down. The mpg was more than I expected it to be and the drive was so smooth and comfortable. I love the bluetooth feature for hands free calling and the Onstar service and I'm addicted to the XM/Sirius satellite radio feature. I will definitely be buying another one in the future without hesitation. LOVE IT!!!

Malibu

by Red from tulsa , ok | May 12, 2015

just purchased a 2012 Malibu and i am completely impressed. the gas mileage is amazing, space is amazing, smooth ride and not to mention that i would recommend this car to anyone with kids and in need of space !!

2012 LTZ is Wonderful

by Libo from Phoenix AZ | March 28, 2015

My wife and I went from a 1999 Buick LeSabre, to a 2005 Equinox, and now the 2012 Malibu LTZ. I come from a GM Family, of Engineers, but this goes back a while. GM Hit a home run with the Malibu. I am awed by the power of the I4, and the solid, quiet ride. We got the car used, but it was a rental vehicle, and has been very well maintained. We hope to keep this car around a while. We loved the Equinox too, but it was getting worn out. Malibu is an awesome car all around

Great Car ...but

by Chucky from Loma Linda, CA | October 30, 2014

I found that my 2012 Chevy Malibu is a smooth driving machine with more than adequate power for passing, etc. Gas mileage is just ok.... Interior styling is no-nonsense with very comfortable seating! The only issue I have is that even though I'm only 5'5" tall...I found it difficult to get in and out of the car. I have to strain to bend my head to get in and out.

We love our Chevy Malibu LTZ

by Chevyluver from State College, PA | May 28, 2014

This car is just another awesome chevy period. We have three Malibu's spaning 4 decades. Of course none of the cars are made or look as well as the old models, but this just fits well. The car is easy to work on yourself, if you are handy. The maintenance cost is quite low thus far, but then I am always on top of the maintenance of my cars and know when there may be an issue. The leather holds up pretty well with care. Otherwise definately buy an LTZ model loaded and you should be quite happy. Its not a caddilac, but it is a loaded chevy. Everyone comments on the roominess and the interior styling. Don't wait, just do it. Please do make sure there aren't any recalls on the specific vehicle that haven't been taken care of before purchasing however.

piece of junk

by concerned from | April 21, 2014

6 speed transmission is terrible. Hard shifts, failure to shifts. Throttle is erratic, extreme hesitation. Air Bags have numerous failure to deploy complaints. Not safe to drive in my option. Don't take my word for it, there are plenty other people out there stating the same things.

Reliable American Made Car LTZ

by Back to the Basics from Atlanta | February 12, 2014

have not owned American for 20 years, until now. Rides way better than Altima, Camry or Sonota. Excellent finish, very quiet, and the LTZ V-6 or turbo 2.0 are peppy, Mine is the 3.6 V6 in 2012 last year they offered it, this engine will run forever, know many people with 150,000+ on their 3.6. Really happy to be back in an American made vehicle and will buy them from now on moving forward

Great car

by carguy from Oklahoma | December 21, 2013

We bought a 2012 LT and almost immediately drove from Oklahoma to Cali. Got 32 MPG out and back running 80mph average. It was a smooth, tight and comfortable ride.I love all of the options and Onstar. Will recommend to anyone.

Solid !!

by Mississippi Mudd from Virginia | November 13, 2013

Recently purchased a used 2011 Malibu and so far it has met or exceeded expectation. The interior is typical Chevy, so if you like the Chevy ergonomics over the past half-decade or so, the Malibu feels immediately comfy. The back seat borders on cavernous, but may be sacrificing a little trunk volume to achieve it in this size. Styling is unpretentious, with few needless doodads or superfluous gizmos, but some may find it rather a bit bland. Performance and mechanically it is impressive – I wanted this drive-train because it is just a modern iteration of a car I put 210K miles on (with little or no maintenance of than oil-changes, one set of plugs, filters…). Brakes and steering are solid and confidence inspiring – handles nicely, but this isn’t a race car. Fuel mileage is everything I’d hoped for – comes in marginally better than the EPA projections on my 150 mile-a-day commute (50% country roads, 50% DC sit-and-stop stuff) . Normal seems about 32-33mpg traveling as fast as traffic allows, and have seen as high as 38mpg over one stint of pure highway driving. I think 32mpg is a reasonable lower estimate of long-term fuel mileage – based on my experience… It’ll scoot nicely for a 2.4 liter when you punch it, but mostly it’s just a consistent, down-to-earth family sedan so far…

Good car!

by driver from | November 9, 2013

We have had no issues with our Malibu, gets good mileage, it's comfortable, quiet enough, I would recommend one.