2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My first car!

by KatyKat from Polson, MT | August 24, 2013

Upon entering driver's ed, my dad found me a car. He traded off an old project car for a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. The previous owner hadn't taken care of it AT ALL, and the first thing we had to do before I could drive it was change the oil because the engine was about to seize. Then my power steering went out right as I got my license. Had to replace the power steering rack (about 90,000 miles). I drove this car for three years. Back and forth to work every day (30 miles round trip), lugged a baby around in it, and although it had it's fair share of problems (most of which occurred within three months of getting the car, so I believe it was from being ridden hard and not being properly cared for), It never once quit on me. It kept going and going. I got an Oldsmobile Achieva for a summer, and it died on me twice while I was driving home on a dead back road. Never once did this car. I actually threw my snow tires on it and drove it through another winter, I trusted this banged up and bruised vehicle that much. And I put it through a lot. Living in Montana, I did some light mudding with it, even. It's the best car I've owned or driven thus far in my life. The only reason I traded it off was for some peace of mind for my husband who worked 800 miles away in the oil fields. I knew it wouldn't quit on me, but he needed to be sure that baby and I would have a car to get us to and from wherever we went when he couldn't be there to come get us in the winter. I'm actually thinking about trading off my 2008 Ford Taurus for another one of these babies. I loved it that much. I recommend this car to anyone out there. Sleek body, roomy interior, and lots of power. This is a fun car to drive, and a trustworthy vehicle to own.

update!!

by bubbleman1 from mastic beach | April 11, 2012

I love the car BUT! The car has been giving me problems, the intake manifold exploded, got it fixed. 2 weeks agos at 78000 exactly!!! the transmission went 2200.00 dollars. I maintain this car to the book, but I have been reading about all of the problems people have had, very scary they catch on fire, explode. If anything happens to this car again it's gone!! to the junk yard!

just a great car!!!

by bubbleman1 from new york mastic beach | November 17, 2011

I really love this car, never had a problem. Just new tires, brakes, and oil changes. That's it.. it is a 2000 ss with now 76,000 bought it with 27,000. I never buy used cars. I needed a car for work so I didn't use my 04 mustang. I had 4000 miles in 4 yrs on the mustang hated it and sold it was new. I kept the used Monte.. Now my son is going to drive and I am going to pass it down too him. I need to buy a newer one 2006 or 07...

FANTASTIC CAR TO OWN AND DRIVE

by BIG BOB Monte Carlo man from WonderLake ,Illinois | December 13, 2010

Ive had several Monte Carlos 2000,2005,2006,2007 all have been great cars,reliable virtuly minimum mechanical issues. Good ride, great fuel economy 24 city 30+ hwy , good in all weather handling. Retains value with market, and is great looking and easy to maintain. Parts for car are reasonable and easy to find if you do your own maintenance. Quiet inside ,with great audio equipment that comes stock on the car. Very safe with dual air bags,rear seat folds down to store or transport large or long items. Trunk space is huge, fit nearly anything. Rides low and aerodynamically for handling and little resistance promoting great handling and fuel consumption. The only downside of the Monte Carlo is they are no longer in production after 2007 or I would have bought a couple more of them by now.

THE # 1 CAR (MONTE CARLO) I EVER HAD !!!

by BJ MONTE from ROCHESTER , NY | March 22, 2008

i have had 10 montes--this one is the BEST !!! GREAT HANDLING--STEERING--EXCELLANT--VERY GOOD ON GAS--VERY KOOL LOOKING ---QUIET--GOOD SOUND SYSTEM!! GREAT AERODYNAMICS---GOOD MAINTENANCE ---LOW END ....JUST A GREAT CAR !!!

Great car, no problems!

by MONTE MAN from Kansas | January 21, 2007

I love my Monte Carlo! It has been a great car with no problems. It is a very spacious car with lots of power.

Lone Star Chevy owner

by Lone Star Chevy owner from Fort Worth, TX | July 1, 2006

I have owned my SS for 4 years now, bought it used in '02 w/40k miles, and have not had any major problems or complaints with the car. The only mechanical problems were: both power window motors replaced (poor design) and the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) went bad and had to be replaced. The only other problem I encountered was the car had a "whistling" noise, which took a while to diagnose, that turned out to be a missing o-ring off of the PCV valve (my fault!) and once replaced it worked great. I have enjoyed the ride, handling, & overall comfort of the car since I have owned it. The car has great styling and turns quite a few heads - it's sporty enough and also has a touch of luxury cruiser to it. The car handles very well and the traction control is a great design and works well in all inclement conditions. So far the car has been near "bulletproof" other than the three problems mentioned, and I would recommend any of the 2000-2005 Monte Carlos to anyone looking for a dependable, sport-luxury car. Great quality, looks, and enough performance to keep you happy.

Great car

by BANG FOR BUCK from TORONTO CANADA | May 19, 2006

The Monte Carlo SS has lots of power (200hp) great gas mileage nice ride and great styling for a very fair price.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Monte Carlo