2000 Chevrolet Prizm

31 city / 38 hwy

Overall

Great Little Cars!

by Boosh from St.louis,Mo | July 14, 2014

Mom bought this 1999 Prizm off the lot new no options except alloy wheels and automatic. Maintained it every 3,000 miles oil at 75,000 she went to high milage oil. Belt,hoses,radiator flush at around 95,000. Drove it till 163k maintaining oil,tires,brakes nothing major. Passed it on to me 180,000 miles or there abouts transfluid changed all 4 wheel bearings were replaced and 4 new quick struts did them myself saved money. New exhaust at 220,000 front to back. Now has 262,000 thousand miles on it and I drive it 1000 miles a week in traffic250 miles a day as a courier/messenger keep up the maintenance oil, injector cleaners and they will go for along time...... Hoping to get 300,000 miles out of it. Looking for another one everyday.

Great First Car

by Gusseh from | July 26, 2013

I have the 2000 Prizm LSI and it is VERY reliable. I think that is what I like the most about it. Being a teenager, I don't want to have to put too much money into fixing my car. The only things I've had to fix are the inevitable repairs like new tires, brake pads, etc. I would definitely recommend this car to any new driver.

Great Car

by Gauss Captain from | January 24, 2012

I got this car as my first car 4 months ago and it is great. I got it used too. It runs great and the gas milage is awesome.

Most Reliable Car EVER!!!

by Prizm Owner from SLC, UT | November 3, 2011

I bought a 2000 Prizm in 2002 used. I've had it ever since. I've never had a single issue with this car. It's great with gas mileage. It's a little smaller than some cars and therefore is not as comfortable with four passengers, but having said that I've taken several road trips in this car and it's been just fine. COMPLETELY satisfied and totally reliable. I would recommend this car without hesitation. I've got over 110,000 miles now and have yet to have ANY major or minor repairs. FANTASTIC car! Also, great in snow, I take it up to the ski slopes often, never had any problems.

4.5 stars

by Easy own-er from Maryland | September 13, 2011

Best car for the money, IMO. Easy to maintain, easy on gas. Parts are cheap and common. Descent power for what it is and very reliable. Perfect car for the humble and the budget-minded.

Best car I have had in years

by Hippie Chick from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho | May 28, 2009

I really love this car. It runs really good and I have had no problems. It even keeps me from locking my keys in the car. Even if I lock my doors, put the key in then shut the doors it unlocks whether I'm in the car or not. That's awesome for me.

Great Little Car

by Working Woman from Springfield MO | November 26, 2008

I purchased a 2000 Prizm new in 2000 and drove it until earlier this month, with no real problems. It was a very reliable little car. I got it as loaded as Prizms came and all the extras worked fine. If Prizms were still made, I would have bought another one. My previous little car was also a Prizm (Geo). I would recommend this to anyone who wants good handling and gas mileage, as well as a dependable vehicle. My husband says the horn is wimpy, but it really is ok for a little car..........

Bought used

by Value Minded Man from Western PA | April 25, 2008

I purchased the 2000 prism in 2007 from a used car lot. It is a 1 owner vehicle with 71, 000 miles. I have had it nearly 1 year and I have not spent a dime on repairs. I get approx 36 mpg on hwy and about 23-25 in city. The car is solid with no rattles and engine is quiet for a 4 cyl. I like it so much that we are considering buying a new Toyota Corolla soon to replace our other vehicle. These are well built vehicles.

great car for the money

by bill from marietta, ga | December 29, 2006

excellent gas mileage, sprightly performance, good handling in town, but not so good on hghway. Good seating position, no body rattles or squeaks.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Prizm