2002 Chevrolet Prizm

See Photos & Videos

Overall

'01 Chevy Prism

by Happy Prism Owner from Michigan | March 5, 2010

I bought my Prism used with 17,000 on it for roughly $8,500. It now has 228,000 miles on it, is paid for, and I hope to baby it over 300,000 miles. It has been the best car I have ever owned. The only problems I have had with the car relate to normal wear and tear, mostly brakes. That and I do have to replace the driver's side door handle. But, if these are the biggest problems I've had, I'd say the car has done pretty well. I think with any car, routine maintenance is really important. I change the oil regularly, use 5W30 and have not had to change to synthetic. I don't plan to. With gas prices going up as they are, my husband and I are actually looking for another Prism right now. Great car, would recommend it to anyone.

A Toyota Corolla in Bowtie clothing

by Raider Nation from Simi Valley | November 7, 2008

I bought a 1999 Prizm because Consumer Reports magazine said that this IS a Toyota Corolla. GM (and remember GEO?) bought thousands of these cars from Toyota and re-badged them. Better yet, you can buy this car cheaper than a same year Toyota Corolla. Even the Haines Repair Manual for my Prizm says Toyota Corolla.

Carry extra quarts!

by beagle boy from Ithaca, NY | January 8, 2008

This car is using about a quart of oil a week. No signs of leaks. No noticeable blue smoke. This seems to be problematic to '01 and 02 Prizms

Extremely reliable car

by Car driver from Phila., Pa | November 18, 2007

This car is definitely comparable to the Toyota Corolla. I cannot tell the difference by looking at them. I also owned a Toyota and this Prizm handles just the same as the Toyota. It is a very peppy little car. I like it a lot!

Great Gas MPG, Toyota Reliability!!

by Collegeguy1979 from Nacogdoches, TX | April 10, 2007

how could you not go wrong buying this car, the only draw back to buying the Prism vs. the Corolla, is the little bit of resale value you lose when buying a chevrolet. I have a '02 Lsi with 142,000 miles on it, still going strong, hope to put over 300,000 on it, just to prove the friends wrong. I use Mobil One 5w30 fully synthetic motor oil, great stuff! As a college student, this car is great to pass them gas stations up. I would highly recommend a prism/corrolla to anyone I know. Back seat is a little cramped when piling tall friends in the car.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Prizm