2000 Chevrolet S-10

See Photos & Videos

Overall

S10

by S10 from Provo, utah | September 1, 2012

Great truck! Reliable, good mileage, and nice to drive. I traded in my F150 (which was a great truck too!) for this S10 and am very happy. It's my third S10.

Can take a beating

by Muffler from New Hampshire | October 22, 2011

My dad bought this truck in 2007 with 82,000 miles on it. He just made it to 162,000 miles, and hasn't had any major problems yet. He did just replace the power steering and fuel pump, but aside from that, it's had no issues aside from normal maintenence. He's an electrician and works on commercial construction zones. It's been hit from the front twice, had a tree fall on it (it was in the driveway and my uncle dropped a tree the wrong way). It had no body work done to it because it was only cosmetically affected. There is a dent in the roof and part of the bumper fell off, but he won't fix it since it's just a worktruck anyway. If you don't have power seats, this is not a car for short people. I drove it a few times, and I could barely see over the dashboard (I'm 5'1). But I drove my moms blazer once(the SUV version of the s10), and she had power seats, and I had awesome front visibility. But other than the short thing, I love how it handles, and I love the column shifter. It's really fun to drive. The CD player is no longer usable because it scratches CD's. We'll put one in and after only an hour of listening it'll skip and when we take it out it'll be very scratched. Also, the drivers side door doesn't open from the indise any more, and the passengers side door is hard to open. The third door never worked but we didn't fix it since it's useless. The seats aren't too comfortable, but they get the job done. The jumpseat in the back is badly desined. When my sister sits in the back, I have to pull my seat upall the way, which isn't comfy. But it's great for only two people. Sorry, I've been too negative. Now, for the good. This car's been in a few minor accidents and aside from some dents it has no damage. The 4 wheel drive shifts after only 1 second of pressing the button. It also came in handy with about 1,000 pu=ounds of wire in the back, and going up an icy hill. even with a 1000 pounds in the back, it made it up the hill. We once had to drive through about a foot and a half of snow to get home. With the 4 wheel drive, it was no problem. The 4.3 liter v-6 does make it loud, but it has a lot of power behind it- something he needs for his job. Aesthetics wise, this truck hits it right on the nail. Even with all the dents, scratches, rust, and faded paint, it still looks good. The cockpit style dashboard is easy to use and good looking. The handle on the passengers side makes getting in and out and pulling the seat forward easy. And the plastic used for it is super strong and takes a huge beating. So this truck has been great overall, and still runs strong. I would not be surprised to see it go past 200,000 miles. Like all chevy's, it isn't too great cosmetically, but mechanicly it holds up pretty darn well.

my truck

by By mom from Macon, MO | July 19, 2011

11 years and 108,000 miles. Few more problems. Replaced alternator and radiator $466.00. Brake light and ABS light come on some times. Mechanic says its the sensor and not the brakes. To replace the sensor is $500. Some rust is showing up around the rear wheel fenders. I still don't regret buying the truck but it will become my daughters truck when she starts driving.

Best truck I've owned.

by Nicolas Rose 234 from Richmond, Rhode Island | October 11, 2010

First things first, The Chevy S-10 is one of the best looking trucks I've seen on the road. It has been sense 1982 when they first came out. This truck is reliable, It has started up for me every morning sense I bought it in 2000. Me and my wife bought a Chevy s10, and we have never brought them to the shop sense the day I bought it, exept for oil changes and tire rotation. I am hoping to keep this truck forever. It doesn't dent easily, and the paint lasts long. I love the interior in comfort overall. It is nice. The only complaint I could make is the seats in my extended cab s10, they are tiny, and very unspacious, and my kids hate them, so we pretty much take my wifes crew cab s10 every where. It is much more spacious. To sum it all up, it is a good reliable truck, way better then the old Dodge I used to truck around in, and If you were going to buy a mid-sized truck, I would definately suggest the chevy S-10 of any year.

my truck

by mom from Macon, MO | June 2, 2010

I've had my truck for 10 years and love it. The only problems have been minor until now. I've replaced the seat recline handle once, the third door handle four times and the Hinges/springs in the drivers door once. Now I have to replace the fuel pump. UGH it's expensive. $600 + , but overall a fine little truck. I don't regret buying it.

love my truck!

by truckgirl from rome,ga 30161 | November 3, 2009

i have had so much fun with this truck. so easy and fun to drive. I love the stick shift. the extended cab allows room for seating or shopping! the convience of great gas milage and being able to just toss stuff in the back is great!

Its alright

by s10zr2 from Texas | March 28, 2009

Not as much power as i thought it would have. The third door is horrible and barely opens anymore. It doesn't matter though because there is no chance a full size adult would be able to fit back there anyways. The reliability is alright, as long as you don't plan on doing any offroading. Makes me wish i would have just gotten a full size truck though.

Ouch!

by Empty nest Mommy from Canada | January 27, 2007

Great little girly truck, this girl loves driving it...just put a piece of electrical tape over the mystery intermittent check engine light though. i can't believe that the fuel pump (the part only!!!) cost $878. But i love her anyway.

Not all I thought it was

by Nfspres from Great Falls, MT | November 23, 2006

Midsize truck with full size gas mileage. The 4.3L is extremely torquey motor but not much for highway passing. I own the ZR2 model so I can go most anywhere fullsize trucks can travel and even some places where they cant due to small spaces. All in all I think the truck is good. It serves the purpose a truck should, not much else.

chevy s-10 pick-up rating

by butch from new jersey | August 7, 2006

i do not like the maintainance book not covering (a) check engine light, (b) problems with transmission that may occur.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet S-10