See Also: 1999 Chevrolet C1500 | 1999 Chevrolet K1500

Available in 20 styles:  Silverado 1500 Regular Cab shown

Overall

Most Loved Vehicle

by Sad to See it Go :( from Maryland | July 23, 2014

My father bought this car new in 1999 with two wheel rear drive and an automatic transmission. It was my first ever car when it was passed down to me in 2009, and up until now I have never had any major problems with it. It's got about 200,000 miles on it and the the internal engine has finally given out with the transmission following close behind, but this truck is 15 years old and it has been a pleasure to drive. It doesn't do well in the snow but that's to be expected with rear wheel drive, and having extra weight in the bed helped. I'm in the process of looking for a new vehicle and I'm so sad to see this truck go. =[

Great to own a truck and Chevy again

by Stelcom66 from Vernon CT | April 15, 2013

Now that there's room in the driveway I wanted a pickup truck again. Mine is actually a '99, but looks like '98 with an engine of that year, a 5.0 V8 with an automatic transmission. Wanted a manual, but they're almost impossible to find with 4WD. I bought it in April 2013 with 156K on it. It runs great - the 5.0 V8 is fine for me. It will mostly be used for dump runs and hauling firewood. I'm used to driving a Subaru so gas consumption seems excessive - not a big deal though. I think the '94(?) to '98 design is one of the best. The truck is a pleasure to drive - there's some kind of charm and appeal to it. I'm surprised how well it handles - it doesn't feel ponderous. Visibility is excellent. I'm used to bucket seats so the split bench seat felt different, but comfortable. Doesn't ride like my son's 2009 Dodge Ram - not a complaint. Overall enjoyable to drive. Bought it with a few known defects which I repaired. The heater A/C blower only ran on high, replaced the resistor circuit. Also replaced a dome light switch. These parts were still in stock at the local GM dealership. The dash vents didn't work. Fixed by repairing a possible leak in a junction or splice of a vacuum line. The upholstery has held up very well. Can't really rate the reliability accurately at this point.

Best ever

by jwv from White Mountains of New Hampshire | April 9, 2013

I bought mine used with 33k on it. Base 4.8l v8, 4X4, reg. cab, short bed. Was the best truck ever!! Only things to go on it was the PRNDL cluster, leaf spring(my fault), and the brake lines rusted. Now you may say that it doesn't sound that good, but when the brakes went there was 250k miles on it!!! I live in NH and commuted with it daily, averaged 18-21 mpg, city/hwy mixed. I beat on it, took it anywhere i wanted to go (within reason), pulled bigger trucks out of snow banks and trees out of my way. It never backed down from anything. I had a family and traded for a ext cab....but i still miss my little truck!!

Best v8 truck

by Kbyron from Dallas, texas | March 17, 2013

This is the third chevy v8 I have and I can affirm that I am buying an used and not a problem car. Never have had major problems with my Chevy Silverado 1500. Other brands maybe are cheaper but trany fails or are highly gas consumers.

wanted 4x4

by truck luver from indianapolis,in | December 22, 2012

I like the truck I just wanted a 4x4 with a short bed and single cab.the truck is for work ,but I do tow a trailer to job sites ,so I need the power that I had with my dodge 4x4.I just don`t think the chevy has the torq

A very well made truck...

by Cinco from Pittsburgh Pa | April 24, 2012

I really have enjoyed the Silverado. Smooth ride with a very hands on interior, very nice leather interior but also functional. Very comfortable on the highway yet nimble in the city, and it has very good looks for a 1999... The Z-71 comes with the full LT package, heated seats, power windows, and a very nice leather interior. With a 5.3 Vortec that will allow you to get out of the crowds on the highway.

Excellent value

by Raider from Binghamton,NY | April 8, 2011

I bought this truck with 241045 miles on it from a deealer. I can not tell you why I would have done such a thing. The miles were very high, but there was something about the look of it and how it drove. I just had to have it. I fixed the rust on the rocker panels and the blower motors last 3 settings. I so far have put 10,000 care free miles on the truck and everywhere I go everybody has to ask what year it is because it is prestine. I have an award winning Malibu in the driveway but hardly ever drive it now. I am a mile freak and am proud of the high mileage this vehicle has. I think that speaks for itself. I will continue to drive this truck for at least 7 more years, garanteed.

worst truck ever

by chevyfreek from | February 18, 2011

piece of junk why would you want to buy this. many other trucks available which are of much better quality. DO NO BUY

ford f-150

by kay-kay from | February 11, 2011

this car rocks i love it i would recommend it to a friend but i think that i would like to buy it my self

good truck

by truck guy from camp pendleton, CA | August 20, 2010

i love my truck. bought it used with 114000 miles. already lifted with 33 in tires. lookin to upgrade the tires to 35's though. my power steering pump died around 4500 miles after i bought the car but after talking to a mechanic he said it was a common problem with the last gen silverado's for the pump to break internally, not a problem for me because i can fix it myself, but i guess it could be a problem for people that arent too truck savvy or dont like getting greasy.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Silverado 1500