2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Available in 38 styles:  2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2004 Silverado - 1st Time Chevy Buyer

by Skooter from Nashville, TN | February 3, 2014

I've owned other brands but my brother talked me into buying a Chevy. It's a 10 year old truck so it's gonna have some issues but by and large seems to be good. I love the layout of the interior..it has leather seats..comfortable but not as comfortable as the Ford that I had a few years ago. Extended cab has room for the kids. Only had it a fews weeks but I'm loving it so far!!!

Great family vehicle

by Country Mom from Kansas | December 27, 2012

Awesome for the larger family or if you need that extra room. We have owned 3 Suburbans over the last 20 years and they have always been reliable & easy to work on. They hold up well on country roads & have done well for us towing trailers as well.

I own. Just bought used.

by Chuck from Wellington, Ky | April 16, 2012

Just bought it. Love it know the truck there is one thing I know is a problem with these trucks is, the noise from the heater. A clicking noise when the driver side tep. is on cool. And at time when the air is on the driver side will start blowing out HOT air. This should be a recale... I know several with this problem. But over all love my truck... I use it for family, towing, wood, everything else....

2004 silverado

by chavy truck guy from Raleigh, NC | February 13, 2012

I bought a 2004 silverado, it is my 4th 1500/silverado 4x4 I've owned. I like the body style of the 07 better, but this one will grow on you. I have had 2 with the 350 motor and 2 with the 4.8L. have not noticed any drop in power. This truck is a work truck model other than the drivers seat has lost some padding and no console it ios a great truck. I use it for work, and for driving out on the beach fishing. They are great in the sand, and the snow. I had an Expedition and it was a dog in the sand. Mileage is fair 17 -20 mpg but it is a big truck and can haul a lot. I have had Rangers and S-10's they just don't get the job done.

2003 silverado 1500

by john from rochester, mn | July 2, 2011

just hit 220,000 miles, and all i have done to this truck since i bought it new is replace tires, intake gaskets at 125,000 (easy job on the 5.3), fuel pump at 200,000, also changed the spark plugs when i did the intake...thats it!!! i have done way more heavy towing than i ever should have with a half ton, the tranny still shifts good, and the motor still has plenty of power...i recently drove from southeast minnesota to missoula montana and averaged 19.7 mpg.

Nice truck, powerful and comfortable

by tim0778 from Concord, NH | May 13, 2011

I like my new (to me) truck. Compared to the 2007 Ford I had, it rides more smooth, and has more power. The Ford had a stiffer suspension. It does have a bigger V8 then the Ford, but mileage is not an issue for me since I work at home. When I hit bumps in the road the interior makes more noises than the Ford did. The Ford interior seemed more solid and made less noise over bumps. Call it a hunch but I dont think the Chevy is going to achieve the 367,000 miles that I got from the Ford. When I get more financially stable, I will likely buy a new Ford again.

best truck i've ever owned

by james from mpls mn | April 29, 2011

I only had to change oil and i just put brand new shocks and tires. I've drivin this truck very hard and never a problem! an suv cliped my right rear be hind the tire 1,400.00 in damage to the chev4,600.00 in damage to the suv the chev just shrugged it off while the front end of the suv lay on the ground!!had many a complaments as well.

2004 Chevy Silverado

by desperado 6 II from VA | May 29, 2010

Awesome performance over the last 6 years and 70,000 miles no complaints. I have used it to tow multiple times to include other vehicles and never had a problem.

Reliable Farm Truck

by Cotton Farmer from Louisiana | March 15, 2010

140,000 dirt road, mud, and interstate miles. Primarily used as a farm truck, it has held up better than my previous '01 and '03 Silverados. I have replaced the hub bearings, the power steering gearbox, water pump, serpentine belts and the shocks. I plan on buying yet another GM product when I get about 200,000 miles on my '04. The biggest flaw with the 1/2 ton GM trucks (in my opinion) is the 4L60E transmission; Change the fluid and filter every 35,000 miles and the drivetrain will last forever.

Uses car for Towing

Beast of a truck, every time

by jchbsoccer from monroe nc | September 19, 2009

My truch has 70,100 miles and still hauls like mess. My grandpa gave it to me as a gift and i just had the brakes changed, and theyve never been changed before. this truck, my grandpa told me, has never had any defects other than the electrical seat not working when he got it at first. not only the brakes lasting forever but the original factory battery just went out for the first time to, so the truck can trully i think maintiain itself for a very long time, seeing my grandpa never really even had any mainteance other than what his manual told him.