2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Available in 44 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 Regular Cab 6.6' box 119" WB shown

Overall

still to be determined

by ordinary joe from nebraska | April 25, 2015

Overall, my truck is suitable, but I had to replace a front wheel bearing at around 70,000 miles, also when you roll down the windows while driving, the noise created by the air flow thru the crew cab hurts your ears. It is also becoming noticeably noisy while driving on the highway at speeds between 50 and 60 mph with only 77,000 miles on it. Sounds to be coming from the front differential. time will tell. I almost forgot to mention the rear quarter inherent rust problem chevy cant seem to get rid of.

truck

by chaz from El Paso | April 13, 2015

It looks like a nice truck, was a good price.. They were nice to work with and friendly. Had a good time dealing with them..

front end

by dynomite from Eureka, Mt. | March 10, 2014

I own a 08 1/2 ton 2wd Silverado with 37,000 very easy miles on it. I just found out my upper ball joints, calipers, pads, & disks are all shot. this pickup has 0 city miles on it, & has been well cared for. it has 99% hiway miles. I've bought chevy pickups all my life and I've never had any front end trouble before. I just dumped $1,000 bucks in it today. Will I buy another one??? Might be time for a Toyota...

This Chevrolet Saved My Familys Life

by TxMom from Texas | September 28, 2012

I have loved our truck without a doubt for many years, always dependable and reliable. I am definately a chevy person to begin with, but recently my family and I were in a pretty horrific wreck. Both of my children were in the car, my husband and myself. We were hit from the side, the woman in a full size toyota hit us going around 40. It was enough of an impact to make us do a 180, and go 300 feet from where we initially were when we were hit. Had that truck not held up so well in the accident my son and I would of either ended up in the hospital or worse. We all luckily were able to walk away from the accident without more than just a sore neck. I will never buy another vehicle, I am stuck on my silverado for life!

chevy truck

by mpeg from Utah | May 29, 2012

Ive been a chevy truck lover for many years. I'm impressed with chevy's down to a 1971 chevy monte carlo. I would pass this information on to anyone that hasnt tried a chevy.

great vehicle

by 64poncho from Tria, North Carolina | April 3, 2012

So far the truck has performed and driven as well as i had expected. Fuel mileage is not as good as i expected, but I have not taken it on a trip out of town.

Second Chevy Silverado - great trucks!

by Swede from Missoula, Montana | January 23, 2012

This truck drives and handles like a dream. Both the interior and exterior are beautifully designed. The options of the Z71 package are excellent - I love the heated black leather seats. Also, ONStar and XM radio being embedded in the vehicle is just great. The 4X4 option worked great in our last huge blizzard - I had to go down to 4-low and it operated seamlessly. Everything about it fits my wishes and wants. I love the side mirrors with the directional blinkers on them!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Most roomy pick up I've owned

by Big John from Miami,Florida | January 10, 2012

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8-v8, It is a real workhorse and rides like a car, very roomy inside, not to bad on gas ,close to 14 miles to the gallon on city. getting better on gas than the v6 Dodge I traded in. I would recommend this truck to a friend.

Last chevy ever

by ddsmst from killeen TX | November 15, 2011

Chevy products, where do I start. I have a 2008 Silverado with 19,000 on it. Despite my troubles I also just purchased a 2011 Chevy equinox. My Silverado has had numerous problems from the word go. I will NEVER buy a GM product again. I guess I’m the dummy considering I normally only buy Japanese that has never let me down. Anyway my truck brand new has been on the hook several times for starting issue which still hasn’t been found. When you have a brand new truck being towed its pretty embarrassing .The interior quality is horrible. The visor clips will eventually crack due to heat, and the plastic on the visor also cracked. My side view power mirror just went out today and I’m passed my warranty period so that set me back $762.00. Dealership told me that those things go out and also the plastic visor clips. They even keep the plastic clips on hand. Next my two front speakers went out. How in the world could I lose speakers after 3 years and 19,000 miles? The dealership had the speakers on hand but I refused to put the same speakers in for obvious reason. Now I need to find some speakers and be out some more dough. I love this truck because of the look and power. Quality for such an expensive vehicle is not there. If the vehicle was cheap then I wouldn’t complain. I’m a mechanic so I didn’t get the extended warranty but if you’re not you might need one. Last but not least my Chevy equinox interior is starting to peel because of the Texas heat. 20011! By the way I saw the new Equinox and they have the same interior. I even ordered my Equinox LTZ because I wanted top of the line. I guess the laugh is on me. So long Chevy. I’m still debating going to the dealership now and get Toyoto tundra or anything else.

Chevy Silverado

by Tough Guy from Ohio | November 7, 2011

Great vehicle. I will keep this one until it dies. It has everything I want and need. Awesome power and durability. Not just a driveway truck.

Uses car for Towing