2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Available in 31 styles:  2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown

Overall

Great Truck off and ON road

by JK from VA Beach VA 23456 | January 22, 2014

I have owned 3 Silverado's now, love the truck. awesome gas milage for a v8 and the price is very fair, I like the Chevy vs the Ford(slightly more fuel consumtion) and Doge(Gas guzzeler and too redneck looking) . I would like to see the interior be more comfortable and a bit more roomy as well.

I like my silverado

by brill757 from Maryland | January 10, 2014

I bought my first chevy the 1500 LS model brand new and since the day my wife and I saw it on the lot I we really liked it.Thus far I've only had to keep up the with the oil changes; which with the oil quality monitor makes it very easy; and the tire rotation. My wife being 5'8", me being 6'2", and a growing 14 year old, this is a very roomy and spacious truck which fits my family of three perfectly. The gas milage isn't the best, but its a truck what more could I expect. My only complaint is I wish the bed was longer for hauling large items, other than that my family and I enjoy it. If you want just a standard truck without all the bells and whistles then I'd highly recommend it.

Unreliable

by Unsatisfied Owner from Glen Burnie, Maryland | November 2, 2013

I bought this vehicle brand new almost 2 years ago. I was debating between the Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado. I decided on the Silverado because I researched the reliability of this vehicle and it had a good history. Just last weekend my transmission failed. The vehicle is not even 2 years old and only has 42,000 miles. I took it to the dealer and the problem is under warranty. They have had my vehicle for 6 days and they have only removed the failed transmission. Sounds like they are trying to fix the transmission instead of simply replacing it. I bought a new vehicle so that I would not be spending time in a repair shop. I am disappointed with Chevrolet!

Love this truck

by A guy that likes trucks from Louisville, KY | March 3, 2013

Had been looking at the GMC Sierra which I assumed was the same truck, but, I soon learned it is not. Not to rtake away from the Sierra because it is a true reliable performer, but the Silverado just has the lines that make it, in my opinion, a more powerful looking truck The LTZ model has many of the bells and whistles that I thought I would never enjoy at my price range, however, this one was put in my price range through some odd circumstances and I am ecstatic with my new truck. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone (that likes trucks).

Sturdy Truck

by Pickup man from Flintstone, GA | December 16, 2012

I bought a used Silverado Z71 4x4 in June with a bit under 11,000 miles. I get compliments all the time in the design...often the front end. The 5.3L engine drives and responds well. The ride is better than my previous truck (1998 GMC Sierra SLT). I haven't been able to drive it in snow yet but my neighbor owns one and drove in Minnesota in 6" of snow...he says the truck was awesome and it handled the snow well...especially as he had it set on auto 4x4 setting. I recommend the truck if you want both stylish looks and dependability. I am looking forward to owning this truck for 12-15 years as I did my old faithful GMC!

chevy driver

by chevy guy from Hendersonville, NC | November 15, 2012

I bought the 2011 crew cab used with about 18000 miles on it. I have the 5.3. I test drove the 4.8. I would not want that engine. I also drove the Dodge 1500. I was hooked on the chevy. Too me, they just rode better than the dodge. I also have a suburban that we have not spent a penny on for repairs. So I have faith in the chevy. It performs well on the interstate. It likes gas; but who buys a truck really concerned about gas milage? I love this chevy 1500 truck. I'm a chevy man because chevys have proven themsleves to me.

the best truck I've owned

by johnboy from tx | September 16, 2012

I am a chevy guy. I had a 2007 ford f 150 for 2 years and i didnot like it. I all ways got stuck and the bed saged to fast . I have a 2011 silverado 1500 Z71 4X4 and I love can not get stuck and no bed sage.

Wich I had kept my 2003 Silverado

by Timmor from Tillson, NY | September 11, 2012

I've had the 2011 Silverado for 15 months. The 2003 Silverado I had was a 10x better vehicle. The interior design of the 2011 must have been done by a college interns at GM. The materials in the interior are very poor, the plastic door panels are scratched by your fingernail, the plastic used on the dashboard is rough and can't be cleaned, the cloth seats show every bit of dirt and hairs get imbedded into the fabric. They didn't even include a place to store coins! Gas milage is 4 mpg less that my 2003 with a comparable power train plus the towing performance is inferior to the 2003. Visibilty from the cab is extremely poor, far to many blind spots. They raised the tailgate height for no apparent reason so that now reaching into the bed is more difficult. The bed is full of air / water leaks so even with a cap it fills with dust if you go off road. I had to buy a $60 kit just to try to seal out the dirt / water. The wide turning radius makes it difficult to navigate tight spaces and parking. There are so many issues with this truck, what were they thinking when they designed it. This is a failed redesign of a great truck, really sad!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Good all around truck and commuter.

by urbancynic from Phoenix, AZ | September 1, 2012

The Chevy Silverado is a very good all around truck. Towing capacity is very comparable to other 1/2 ton trucks. The 5.3l V8 is reliable and willing. However, throttle response in stock form is not as good as expected. This is resolved with a $120 Airaid Intake Tube. Well worth the price. Fuel economy is in the high teens for city driving in 2wd form. This I attribute to the 6 speed automatic. The Active Fuel Management may help, but I'm not convinced. AFM does occasionally cause a violent thud when activating at low speeds. Interior is comfortable in all forms. The option of a car-like interior in the LTZ package is nice, but I prefer the traditional truck interior in lower trims. Interior storage is very useful. My only complaint about the truck is the controls for the Driver Info Center - they should have been on the steering wheel or wiper stalk for easier use while driving. The aggressive exterior styling makes this truck look amazing and in my opinion is one of the best looking trucks on the market at this time. Overall I thoroughly enjoy this truck and can not think of any other currently on the market that I would replace it with.

Love the style and the way it drives

by Silly boys trucks are for girls from Humble Texas | August 30, 2012

I have always purchased Toyota But my husband suggested I test drive a Sierra. I was hooked drives nice, looks good. Than I saw the silverado which was less and looks and drives just as nice. The salesman went on to explain the difference and compared the silverado to the Toyota and the Sierra to a Lexus, pretty much just paying more for the name and status. I love my silverado