2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Available in 31 styles:  2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Sharpest Looking Truck OnThe Road Today!

by Truck Entusiast from Washington State | August 14, 2014

My wife and I purchased a new 2013 Silverado Z71 Lt Crew Cab 4x4 Lt with a 5.3 Lt V8 slightly over 14 months ago. We love the interior and exterior design features. We think it has the most attractive body style of any truck ever produced. We are glad we purchased it before the body style changed for 2014 - 2015 models. The Truck has performed well all the way around so far. The engine has lots of power and the transmission shifts well. Even with several upgrades to the truck that have added to the overall weight of the truck and it still averages 15 MPG City and 20 MPG Highway, and the engine is still young with only 14,000 Miles on it. There are a some things I don't like about the truck that I learned about after owning the truck for awhile. (1). When sitting in the drivers seat you can look out at the rear edge of the hood and tell that it is made of very thin metal. (2). I noticed that the coating on the frame and other undercarriage parts are not painted but are coated with a wax coating that tends to fall off in chunks and allows the coated areas to rust. (3). The front bumper left and right corners are chrome coated plastic, I'D rather they were made of metal. (This was probably the biggest shock to me of all.) (4). One day on vacation I was visiting my brother and he pointed out that the corner of the drivers side rear bumper was at a lower angle than the corner of the bumper on the passenger side of the truck, I thought it might be loose or had been misaligned at the factory. I grabbed the drivers side corner of the rear bumper and pulled up on it with my hands, to my surprise the metal bumper actually flexed when I pulled up on it. I pulled up harder, but not with any serious effort and managed to bend the bumper back into proper alignment without any damage to the bumper, I also noticed that the support brackets for the back of the bumpers corners were very weakly made. You would think that the rear bumper on a truck should be made of heavy gauge steel, "Well," I guess with all the EPA regulations and the government pushing for higher gas millage vehicles, manufacturer's are cutting weight wherever possible to improve gas millage, but what we end up with is cars and trucks that just aren't as tough as they use to be. Even with the above mentioned faults we still love the truck overall.

Great Truck/Great Warranty

by Folsom from NC | August 5, 2014

I bought this truck to replace my 2009 Z71 1500. This is a great truck for beach trips with the family and towing the boat. It also drives smooth like a car. I haven't warmed up to the new 2014 models yet, but I may get another Silverado in a few years.

Dependable Reliable 4x4

by North Florida Steve from Jacksonville, Fl | May 26, 2014

December 27, 2013 I purchased a new 2013 WT Silverado Regular Cab 4x4 with the 4.8L engine. After approx. 17 months, 36K miles, I have had no issues to report. GM made out with regards to my warranty. It expired without a claim. Dealership has performed all scheduled maintenance. I have no complaints what so ever. I am averaging 17MPG in combination city/hwy driving. I average 18-20 MPG Hwy depending on speed. When I run 55 MPH, I average 20 MPG. 65-70 Interstate, I average 18 MPG. I drive off road at least once a week. Combination Fire trails, Pasture, Soft Sand, light mud (6-12 inches deep) 4x4 traction has been great. My 2001 lasted 200K miles. I have no reason to doubt that this 2013 will also last 200K plus miles. Based on my experience so far, I highly recommend this truck.

Not trouble free but still a good experience

by Weekend Warrior from PA | May 7, 2014

My truck is an LT Crew 4x4 Z71 5.3 V8 purchased new. This review is after 13 months and 16,000 miles. My driving style is conservative to average. This is a great multipurpose vehicle. It is comfortable for a family of 4 on a 3,000 mile road trip, gets me to work regardless of the weather, and tows far better than my older Chevy 2500. Bluetooth and steering wheel audio controls are a great feature. The interior is comfortable and practical. Interior storage is great though I wish the space behind the back seat was accessible. I’ve yet to see 21mpg highway but routinely get 18-20 mpg regardless of use. Cylinder deactivation is almost seamless and greatly improves lower speed fuel economy. Towing is great. The hill assist start and grade braking seem silly in concept but I’ve found them to be useful. I wish the motor had more low end torque like our 5.4 3v Ford but the “trailer tow” mode alters the shift points and keeps the RPMs up a little making this a non-issue. Even with the higher RPMs towing MPG is much better in the Chevy. I’ve towed in excess of 8,000 lbs. without issue or concern. Reliability has been a little troublesome with 2 major issues but I have been satisfied with GMs response. Problem 1: By 3,000 miles I knew I had an oil consumption problem. My dealer tracked it and 9,000 miles and 4 burnt quarts later the problem surfaced when the truck developed a miss. It turns out the rings on piston 1 were not seated properly at assembly. The oil consumption eventually fouled the spark plug. 3 days in a GM loaner truck that was newer than mine and all is well. I’m told this is not a common problem. Problem 2: After 1 year the “wax coat” (paint) on the frame was falling off in places. The dealer repaired following the TSB. I’m told this is common. Overall, it has been a good experience.

Hated it

by Truck guy from Minneapolis | February 2, 2014

For the money this is not a good buy. The interior looks and feels cheap. I can say that I will never buy GM vehicle again. I can spend the same amount of money and buy a Toyota Tundra with much better quality and features than the Silverdo.

best handiling truck I have ever owwned

by st pete truck guy from Pinellas Park .FL | December 27, 2013

This truck handles like none other its like driving a sports car if your looking for a car or truck go and see Walt over at Maher Chevrolet he will go above and beyond even after you made your purchase that's truly hard to find in todays car salesmen thanks again Walt and to all the hard working folks at Maher Chevrolet.

Best truck I ever had

by Jamie from Tennessee | November 23, 2013

I found this truck to outperform Ford and dodge both. I owned a F-150 and traded for a new silverado and I am glad I did. My son has a 2012 dodge cummins and he traded off for a new silverado and he is glad he did. I think Chevy is hard to beat and I have always been a ford fan

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

needed a reliable vehicle

by jocamaross from houston texas | November 6, 2013

i just needed a new truck and found a simple and an affordable vehicle and a silverado was my best bet

High and mighty

by Graham-pa from michigan | September 29, 2013

The Silverado pick up should have a step on it for entering the cab. Most buyers have to purchase their own aftermarket step while if GM built it into the vehicle they would have a complete truck Why on earth should you have to pay extra to be able to easily enter this truck?

Very nice truck

by Old Snowplow Guy from Poland, Maine | September 8, 2013

I bought this truck to replace a very well liked 2001 GMC SLE 1500 plow truck with 210k miles. The new one is a 2013 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab, LT, Z71 with the 5.3, all star, 18" alum wheels with white letter tires. We paid approx $13k less than sticker. We have 2K miles on this one now & have the following notes: The engine braking, power, design, XM stereo, seats, room, handling, bluetooth, On star, are all top notch. The only reason I gave the comfort a 4 instead of a 5 is is rides a little bumpy on pavement, with the Z71 that would be expected, and if I change the air pressure it may help. LOVE THIS TRUCK!