2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Available in 56 styles:  2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great truck

by Moody from Lexington, KY | July 25, 2014

5.3L engine rides smooth, I am surprise on new features ever got on the 2014 Silverado built in lots equipment. The truck is very quiet gas mileage seems okay except not lead footed while getting lower mpg still I'm combining to 23 mpg so satisfied on fill ups and my driving habits. No complaints yet, purchase back in May am very happy bought first placed in new styling everything.

Silverado 1500

by Silverado 2014 from Pa. | July 22, 2014

Chevy Silverado 1502 best truck I've ever bought 2014 model I absolutely love it but the only thing I didn't like is when we bought it on the weekend and I got ripped off on the financing I'm very mad about that the trucks nice but the financing is bad

2014 Silverado Standard Cab Z-71

by Gm Guy from Pensacola, FL | July 20, 2014

Review after 25K miles in the first 8 months of ownership. The pros - Love the styling of the new Silverado in particular the Z71 front grill. Very quiet truck and solid build quality. Good fuel economy for a full-size truck. The engine is fantastic. Enough power to pull just about anything I need and accelerate out of any trouble. More horses and torque than any other truck I've had. The cons - Man, where do I start. The fuel management system absolutely kills the driveability of the truck. I've had to use an aftermarket ECU flasher to make the ride tolerable. The displacement on demand is horrible and very invasive. On my Avalanche I barely noticed the switch between V4 and V8. On the Silverado there is a very audible metallic click every time it switches from V4 to V8. That combined with a tranny that can't find which of the 6 gears it wants to use have left me not liking the truck. In town, I deactivate the V4 mode to make it tolerable - 18 MPG doing that. On the highway, I use V4 mode to get 20 mpg. The estimated MPG on the truck computer always overestimates fuel economy by 1 mpg. The truck has a smaller wheelbase because its a standard cab. If you get a standard cab, DON'T get the Z-71. The resulting harsh ride makes it feel like you're crashing into every bump in the road. I think the Z-71 on a 4-door Silverado would be a little better. There have been several recalls on the truck already - one to correct a lean idle that was causing some truck to catch on fire, and another for a tranny cable. My next complaint is that the standard cab has a much smaller screen for the rear camera, leather seats isn't an option, and overall the interior is dumbed down because GM doesn't think many people want standard cabs any more (they're right btw). I'm a GM guy, but I will NOT purchase another GM truck until they fix the fuel management. The dealer gave me the runaround whenever I mentioned the fuel management system being poor each time I took it in for my free oil changes. They're now coming out with an 8 speed tranny, which will mean 2 more gears to confuse the computer. If you get the truck, get a flash box to disable the Displacement on Demand and you'll be very happy, but at the expense of fuel economy. Its a full-size truck so don't kid yourself into thinking a truck with 350 horses can get more than 20 mpg without some flaky fuel management. Overall my plan is to ride the wheels off of it until I hit 100K in 2 more years and sell it to somebody that thinks it looks cool - which it does.

Needs Work

by Joe from Tulsa, OK | July 9, 2014

10k mile review on 2014 Silverado. Great gas mileage, very comfortable truck. First the bad...Build quality issues. So far its been in the dealer for service for a leaky passenger door gasket twice (rain entering vehicle and whistle noise). Dealer couldn't fix and had to ship off to a body shop (no truck or loaner vehicle for a week and a half). Just recently a rattle in the dashboard brought it back in TWICE and its still not fixed...dealer is ordering parts and I'll have to take it back in for a third time when those come in. So basically 5 unscheduled services in 10k miles. Now for the good...great gas mileage and great power. It certainly feels and drives much bigger than my 2011 Silverado I had before it. Very quiet truck (when theres no rattle...lol). Tows great and rides great. I've owned 6 Silverado's or GMC Sierras since 1995. I wouldn't say I have buyers remorse, but my wife and I have a horse farm and she's due for a new truck this year...we will be looking at competitors products more closely.

2nd truck

by bubba from quad cities ill. | July 7, 2014

Way better than the 13 great looking overall can't beat it performance is fast and accurate. Quiet . nice features.

Extremely disappointed in the vehicle and GM

by Ronald Vargas from waco, texas | June 28, 2014

I'm sure that there are good silverados out there but I bought a lemon. It has been in the shop seven (7) times in the three (3) months that I've had it. I am and have always been a Chevy man but I'm very disappointed in this vehicle. I'm afraid to drive it. It's been in the shop for stalling and erratic handling to the entire display going out and just this week because the a/c blew a line. Very disappointed. I called GM and they were friendly til I said "lemon". I'm afraid of my truck. Not recommended.

Reliable vehcile

by SUV and truck enthusiast from Atlanta GA | June 26, 2014

The design is great! The interior is good.reliablty is average. The cost is average the comfort is good Performance is great

Excellent Effort by GM in Redesigned Pick-up

by MRMRSJO from Rochester Hills, MI | June 23, 2014

This is an excellent effort by GM in a redesigned Pick-up. We leased this vehicle for three years in late May 2014. This truck replaced our 2004 Tahoe LS as the tow vehicle for our travel trailer. After living with it for nearly a month we are impressed and very pleased with our choice. We have the 5.3 FF V8 with active fuel management coupled by a six speed automatic to a 3.73 rear end. It is two wheel drive . Although we have not had the opportunity to tow yet, we are predicting that his truck will tow our trailer much better the 2004 Tahoe we had before. The 2014 trailering package is more complete than those offered in the 2004 and is much more user friendly. The telematics and driver info center is a vast improvement over what was available and offered in 2004. The "All Star" package with the LT trim level has more extras than most need, expect, or want and leaves it a little more to be desired especially in the interior. The ergonomics are well designed and executed. The double cab design provides easier access, greater seating comfort,and more behind-the-front-seat space than its extended cab predecessor. The exterior styling is a bit bolder than those offered in 2013 and earlier and it is pleasing to most eyes. The rear back-up camera, remote start, and active fuel management features are ones that we coming to appreciate immensely. In the case of the latter, its is comforting to know that GM has made it possible to use fuel responsibly by using only the cylinders needed (8 or 4) based on engine load. This should thus reducing fuel consumption and by doing save our resources, the environment and fuel costs and give us the opportunity to see the immediate impact on mpg as you drive. Negatives? We have observed a stiffness in the accelerator and an uncomfortable difference in the height of the brake pedal plane in relation to the accelerator. This causes some difficulty in making smooth transitions from accelerator to brake and vice versa. Also time will tell on reliability; we rated average because of it being an unknown, although it's promising at this time. In summary, this truck is deserving of the distinction received as the 2014 North American Truck of the Year. Look out Ford, truck of the year for 36 years; Here comes Chevrolet. Thanks for the review opportunity. Mary Jo and Dale Johnston Rochester Hills, MI

first brand new truck

by truck guy from Franklin Furnace,Oh | June 19, 2014

I've only had my Silverado a month but so far I love it.I purchased the LT 4by4 with the 5.3v8 and am getting 20mpg and above.On a recent trip of 70 mph interstate driving I got 21.9 mpg.I am a big guy(6'4" and 340lbs.)and have found my Chevy very comfortable with very good handling characteristics. I am not really a techy and was a little dubious about The My Link feature but have found it to be fairly easy to use.Most features are pretty intuitive.I'm still learning some of it but can't get the truck away from the wife to sit down with it.(She loves it too and is not sorry we traded off her Impala ) If you're in the market for a new pickup,definitely give the Silverado a try.

Uses car for Towing

What a truck

by Old Professor from Iberia, MO | June 17, 2014

After having S-10s and Colorados for the last 25 years I moved UP! My 1500 LT is all truck and caddy put together, Comfort and handling all in one package. Had to get used to the 6 speed tranny and the quiet ride. And me and computers are strangers but the instructions for all the different aps have made it easy for this old dinosaur to set up the systems. Thanks Chevrolet and Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield, MO