2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Available in 36 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Silverado

by Gibby from Howell, NJ | September 7, 2013

Love my new silverado. It works well as a work truck and a personal one as well. First time Chevy buyer and I'm happy so far!

BEST TRUCK NO DOUBT

by XR1990 from DALLAS TX | July 25, 2013

I HAVE A 2008 SILVERADO DIESEL OFCORSE, AND I DONT GET THESE BAD REVIEWS AT ALL. IAM SURE THEY ARE NO WHERE NERE MY MILES WICH MINE HAS 255,000 MILES AND FEELS AS GODD AS NEW. REVIEW TALKING ABOUT SHEDING SEATS IF ITS TRUE THEN SOMEONE AT SOME POINT USED SOMETHING OR HAD AN ACCIDENT WITH SOME CHEMICAL BECAUSE MINE HAS NEVER "SHED" ALSO REVIEW ABOUT TRUCK WONT START TAKING IT OUT ON THE TRUCK WHEN ITS HIS DEALER THAT DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. WONT START.., THATS EASY TO FIGUE OUT WHY SO COME ON PEOPLE. IVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS TRUCK AT ALL BAUGHT IT USED IN REALLY BEAT UP CONDITION LOOKS LIKE THEY WENT MUDDING EVERY SINGLE DAY. ALL THAT BAD TREATMENT AND IS STILL SOLID AS A ROCK. LOVE IT!!! DONT BUY STUPID CHEAP FORDS. DONT BUY UGLY DODGE. AND BOTH REDICULOUSLY UNRELIABLE. DODGE DIESEL I HAD OVERHETED ALL THE TIME WHEN LOADED AND FORD DIESEL I HAD EGR AND TURBO WENT OUT AND NO I DID NOT HAVE ANY "MODS" ON IT. IN MY EXPIRIANCE THE 6.0 EGR SYSTEMS ALL GO OUT ABOUT AT 150,000 MILES. AND TURBOS LESS THAN THAT. WHAT BAD THINGS CAN I SAY ABOUT THE CHEVY DIESEL...... NOTHING.

2008 Duramax

by Riding horses from Waco, Texas | April 2, 2012

This 2008 Silverado duramax is an excellent example of what a heavy duty truck should be. It gets reasonable fuel economy and so far has been very reliable. The body style is nice and the interior is very comfortable with all controls within reach. The only thing I don't like is the EPA mandated emission controls like the diesel particulate filter.

Uses car for Towing

Customer Satisfaction is Empty Promise

by Sorry GM got Bailed Out from Middletown, IN | February 15, 2012

Although this truck drives well, there is an ongoing random no-start issue which GM either does not care about or does not know how to fix. GM does not stand behind their product, at least not the Silverado 2500.

Wow...

by halo2jak from Fort Wayne, IN | February 28, 2011

I drive one of these trucks for work, delivering auto glass. I drive 350 miles everynight in this thing, and I have already put 280k miles on this truck. We have never once had to replace the transmission (Allison transmission = THE BEST!), and of course we've kept up with all the maintenance and everything, and the truck runs amazing still with +280k miles on it. We only have the two wheel drive model because that's less maintenance that has to be done, and my company doesn't think we need 4 wheel drive trucks in indiana. But when we got the blizzard a few weeks ago, of course I ended up getting stuck in an unplowed parking lot of a glass shop I delivered to. I had to rock the truck (putting it in drive and reverse) numerous times until I was able to get myself unstuck. I was thinking in my head the whole time, "COME ON ALLISON TRANSMISSION, DON'T FAIL ME NOW!" I was also wishing I had the 4 wheel drive option on my truck. I'm happy to say the +280k mile old transmission worked fine to get me unstuck, and on my way to delivering more auto glass. But anyways, I haul thousands of lbs of glass with this thing, and the ride is always smooth, and I even love racing all the other ricer cars in this thing. I smoke em 90% of the time with the 6.0 V8. The truck is very fast, and very responsive, and the transmission shifts smoothly, and you will have this truck for many years to come! This review is for the 2008 model. We also have a 2009 model at the shop, but we had a few problems with it and the accelerator, but ended up getting those fixed. But the 2008 model that I drive is rock solid, and in my opinion, the best truck you can buy for the money. GO BUY THIS TRUCK!

Good Truck

by SamIAm from Anchorage, AK | April 30, 2009

This is a good hardworking truck that is reliable when the times get tough. Good features inside but the cloth interior has a little to be desired. Gas mileage is acceptable for a 3/4 ton truck. Excellent towing!

Love it all but the interior fabric

by Nels from Lansing, Michigan | December 3, 2008

Love my 2008 2500 Silverado with two exceptions. The interior fabric sheds more than my Sheltie/Shepard dog. I have to purchase lint rollers and constantly use to keep the seat from looking like the kids just finished a pillow fight with dacron filled pillows. Chevrolet can offer no explination or recomend a solution. They did advise not to use an aftermarket treatment such as Scotchgard. Ironicly my wife has same color and fabric in her 07 G 6 and has no problems. Second problem is right side blind spot. I have the extenable, electric adjustable mirror option with bottom manual convex, and cannot adjust the mirrors outboard enough to avoid huge right side blind spot. Problem is the within the enclosure, not allowing enough outward travel of the mirror relative to the angle of the mirror surface. Had to add a stick on 99 cent aftermarket to correct a $300.00 options shortcomings. I'll live with these problems but continue to complain to Chevrolet about the above, because other than the aforementioned, I love my truck!!!

Uses car for Towing